Gun Violence (in America).

RoomScape

3 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

I live in KY. I believe there should be stronger gun control even if it means abolishing them permanently. With civilians not possessing firearms, the police don't have to fear for their lives as much and can't give the excuse "oh he had a gun on him". So I think police brutality would decrease. There are many alternatives to guns: we could use pepper spray, tasers, etc. These don't kill people so even if you have an "accident", you won't kill anyone and can still defend yourself.

Brazil is a 3rd world country. America is not.

that's not true. If you enforce policy and punishments like the rest of the world, people can get major time in jail for possession. Take a look at UK, no one raps about having guns. That's because they don't have many if at all.

While that is true it still will not have much effect on it. They have done that with drugs and when one gets the book another one pops up. I feel like we should focus on helping youth more then trying to get rid of guns.

But for America it is all about money. We are controlled by a few rich people who are looking out for there own assets.

6 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

I live in KY. I believe there should be stronger gun control even if it means abolishing them permanently. With civilians not possessing firearms, the police don't have to fear for their lives as much and can't give the excuse "oh he had a gun on him". So I think police brutality would decrease. There are many alternatives to guns: we could use pepper spray, tasers, etc. These don't kill people so even if you have an "accident", you won't kill anyone and can still defend yourself.

Brazil is a 3rd world country. America is not.

that's not true. If you enforce policy and punishments like the rest of the world, people can get major time in jail for possession. Take a look at UK, no one raps about having guns. That's because they don't have many if at all.

Take a look at Chicago.

3 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

it's harder to pull out a knife and kill 10 people than it is to pull out an AR and kill 10 people.

Its also hard to kill 10 people who also carry guns. It will make you think about it more too (if i go nuts and shoot people i will die cause they have guns too). I lived in Baltimore and to be able to buy illegal guns is very easy. A 3d printer can also make a gun.

I'm based in the UK, I like how things are around here. I think in America everything is more forceful - police are brutal, assertive and have a completely different style of handling situations than the police here in the UK. Also, because you can mostly count on very few people having guns, I certainly feel a lot safer, and don't feel the need to own a gun to defend myself.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

there isn't enough room to lock people up with all the petty shit people get locked up for today, plus I'd like to see how it ends if the government tries to take guns away from people :think:

24 minutes ago, Apaec said:

I'm based in the UK, I like how things are around here. I think in America everything is more forceful - police are brutal, assertive and have a completely different style of handling situations than the police here in the UK. Also, because you can mostly count on very few people having guns, I certainly feel a lot safer, and don't feel the need to own a gun to defend myself.

To build on what Apa said, I completely agree that I think if the american police force were to operate differently, perhaps like in the link below then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to be strapped. In the UK people typically have guns for sport such as clay pigeon shooting and some types of hunting.

This video I believes gives a very general impression of how the difference feels between the UK police and US police: 

Edit: If this were the US, the man may not have a machete but rather a gun which would endanger more lives including his own and be harder to contain resulting in more cases of police brutality, in my opinion.

Edited by Jackthedon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RoomScape said:

Police Brutality which can skyrocket since we have no way to defend ourselves - police are scared shitless now by the thought of anyone having a gun which keeps them at bay.

The government can take over and there's nothing we can do about it without a way to fight back - using rocks and fists isn't very effective against bullets.

thats bs

the us are one of the worst first world countrys when it comes to police brutality. You dont get beaten up by police in germany just because you likely dont have a gun

if you actually think that having a gun is gonna protect you against your countrys army + policeforce you are probably not the smartest dude. Especially since your leaders are not wake up one day and say "oh boy lets oppress every citizen in our country". They just tell everyone that group X hurts the country and in an act of patriotism everyone will turn against that group.

Guns should be left alone. They're in the Constitution stating that we have the right to bear arms. The main reason that this is in here - in my opinion - is so that the government can't just come and take over since we have some firepower on our side. It's a fact that other governments have done this to their people and if you're that ignorant to call BS, please do some research first as I'm not obligated to teach you anything.

No, you're ignorant to believe that even a significant portion of the American populace could stand a chance against the government. Back when everybody had muskets (when these laws were made) then sure the people could have overthrown the government. This is no longer true. What do you think would happen when ar-15s go up against unmanned drones, armored tanks, gunships, ballistic missiles and long-range artillery? 

Police Brutality which can skyrocket since we have no way to defend ourselves - police are scared shitless now by the thought of anyone having a gun which keeps them at bay.

There's also the flip side of that where police end up shooting innocent & even unarmed civilians because they are afraid of them being armed.

The government can take over and there's nothing we can do about it without a way to fight back - using rocks and fists isn't very effective against bullets.

Kinda like how bullets aren't very effective against drones that fly so high they aren't even visible (and can accurately fire missiles against human targets from that height). 

I understand that there is gun violence going on but it is nowhere as severe as what it's made out to be. Mass shootings happen but so do police shootings and robberies and a number of other possibilities. If the issue on guns were as bad as everyone claims it to be, there would be a lot more gun shootings and fatalities than there currently are. I'm for protection and the greatest defense in today's world is the possession of some sort of firearm.

More restrictive gun laws seem to be working for the rest of the western world.

Edit: Not saying there are no good reasons to have guns, but so "the government can't just come and take over" isn't one of them.

Edited by Theorems