Gun Violence (in America).

RoomScape

2 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Yeah, there should be certain people who shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun. But considering someone to have mental issues is another problem as there’s scientifically - as far as I know - no basis for mental health. So technically, the government can label someone as one with mental issues and they’ll be banned from being able to own a gun. Other than that I don’t have a problem. It should be strict and certain felons definitely shouldn’t be able to own one. 

100% agreed

The second amendment stating that you have the right to bear arms was written back in 1791, when muskets and single shot pistols were in buisness and the government had the same weapons as the people. The idea was that it allowed the people the chance to fight if their government turned on them or if they got invaded by another country.

I can't get my head around Americans genuinely believing that they'd stand a chance fighting their government. It would be as simple as flying a hundred jets over cities and droping nerve agents like Sarin gas and everyone would be dead. A firearm is not going to save you from gas that's completely invisible and has no smell or colour, yet is 100x more toxic than cyanide.

Even in a fair fight, how is an semi-automatic rifle (and I'm being kind here and not using a bolt-action or pistol) going to stop a tank or fighter jet? That argument is completely flawed. Firearms aren't for self defence against the government. Gas masks and underground bunkers are. Hell, they could just fly all the important people out and nuke the country if they wanted to.

Realistically though, there's more guns that people in America and there's no chance of getting rid of them, irrelevent of what my opinion is. There's tons of rednecks that would fight until the death before they handed their weapons over so I guess guns are staying. Statistics do prove that countries with less guns are safer in terms of crime statistics, just look at China, Japan, Sweden, Finland etc.

"Gun Violence" is a made up term by anti-gun lobbyists. Here are the facts...

"Gun Violence" Statistics for 2013 in USA: 33169 total deaths

Homicide: 11,208 - In just over 80%, Handguns, NOT the infamous AR15 were used.

Negligent or Accidental Discharge: 505

Undetermined Intent: 281

SUICIDE: 21175 - Or about 64% of the total gun-related deaths in the USA.

Of the total 2,596,993 people who died in the USA in 2013, only 1.3% died as a result of "Gun Violence." **REMEMBER** 64% of that 1.3% were suicides...  Only 0.832% of the total deaths in the US were the result of homicides or questionable means from firerarms.

DROP. IN. THE. BUCKET.

You are 3x MORE likely to be struck by lightning in the USA than be killed by an AR-15.

Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

Edited by Mr Misconduct
  • Like 1