Gun Violence (in America).

RoomScape

29 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

But people have guns and not tanks so why bring tanks into this? That's not a great comparison.

No, the constitution was not made by politicians or corporate America.

There are a number of other examples as well.

They aren't. Banning guns will affect the law abiding citizens more. There will be criminals who don't even own guns legally - mostly - and will not be affected by the gun ban and then there will be people who will not give up their guns without dying first so that'll be a different issue.

No, that one was made by the founding fathers, I'm not American but I'm pretty sure George Washington was one of those and he was a polititan (among other things). 

Hi, American here. I've lived in five different states and I have never seen a firearm in public aside from those being carried by police or military personnel. Foreigners have misinformed views of American gun culture due to sensationalization of gun violence in American and international media.

I believe there are steps that can be taken to reduce the occurrence of mass shooting incidences by making changes to both law and culture. I don't think it makes sense to take a polarizing view of the issue. Joining the "change nothing" camp or the "ban guns" camp does little to help reduce the rate of violent crimes. There are more guns in America than people, hopefully we will become better at keeping them in the hands of good people and out of the hands of bad people, but that's a problem that lacks a perfect solution.

• Like 1

If the stance on guns somewhat is that "criminals will get their hands on them whether they're illegal or not, therefore let it be legal." and "A good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun." etc

Then why are drugs illegal. They're going to get their hands on them anyway :think: Maybe a good guy on meth will stop a bad guy on meth. What's the worst that could happen, the good guy isn't going to do anything bad, he's a good guy. This is semi troll in the way I've presented it but it's actually a somewhat valid point at it's core.

1 hour ago, Jackthedon said:

If the stance on guns somewhat is that "criminals will get their hands on them whether they're illegal or not, therefore let it be legal." and "A good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun." etc

Then why are drugs illegal. They're going to get their hands on them anyway :think: Maybe a good guy on meth will stop a bad guy on meth. What's the worst that could happen, the good guy isn't going to do anything bad, he's a good guy. This is semi troll in the way I've presented it but it's actually a somewhat valid point at it's core.

So making the examples a methhead changes everything nice

2 hours ago, LeBron said:

No, that one was made by the founding fathers, I'm not American but I'm pretty sure George Washington was one of those and he was a polititan (among other things). 

I can tell that you’re not American by your replies. 

The consitution wasn’t made by politicians. I don’t know how else to tell you this. You’re not American and don’t know of American history yet you’re telling me about American history? I don’t get it. 

1 hour ago, ProjectPact said:

Guns don't kill people. Dumbass people do.

They’ll also do it regardless of whether they have a gun or not. 

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Hi, American here. I've lived in five different states and I have never seen a firearm in public aside from those being carried by police or military personnel. Foreigners have misinformed views of American gun culture due to sensationalization of gun violence in American and international media.

I believe there are steps that can be taken to reduce the occurrence of mass shooting incidences by making changes to both law and culture. I don't think it makes sense to take a polarizing view of the issue. Joining the "change nothing" camp or the "ban guns" camp does little to help reduce the rate of violent crimes. There are more guns in America than people, hopefully we will become better at keeping them in the hands of good people and out of the hands of bad people, but that's a problem that lacks a perfect solution.

Same here. I’ve been to eight states and lived in five. Never seen a gun in public nor have I seen anything like what is showed on the news. It’s just the media hyping things up and foreigners exaggerating things. Not saying stuff doesn’t happen but I think it’s just blown out of proportion. 

1 hour ago, Jackthedon said:

No good can co,e from drugs. Drugs affect ones mental state and can only worsen ones health. Guns, on the other hand, are completely different. Your reasoning doesn’t make sense. 

3 hours ago, RoomScape said:

But people have guns and not tanks so why bring tanks into this? That's not a great comparison.

No, the constitution was not made by politicians or corporate America.

There are a number of other examples as well.

They aren't. Banning guns will affect the law abiding citizens more. There will be criminals who don't even own guns legally - mostly - and will not be affected by the gun ban and then there will be people who will not give up their guns without dying first so that'll be a different issue.

Was rhetorical to point of what you just said but yea

23 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

Not everyone has a gun so even though people are allowed to carry guns to protect themselves, not everyone does. 

Right but that’s their choice. At least let people have a choice. Don’t strip them of a choice then tell them it’s for their benefit. The people that choose not to have a gun or any weapon is completely because of their choice so they can’t complain should anything happen. 

1 minute ago, overboardsea123s said:

Was rhetorical to point of what you just said but yea

Legal guns can be tracked. Any halfway competent criminal won’t buy/own a legal gun as if anything happens it can be tracked back to them. If you have a stolen/illegal one with the serial scratched off and something happens it can’t be tracked back to you should you drop it.

6 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Legal guns can be tracked. Any halfway competent criminal won’t buy/own a legal gun as if anything happens it can be tracked back to them. If you have a stolen/illegal one with the serial scratched off and something happens it can’t be tracked back to you should you drop it.

What are you arguing? 
I literally just told you it was rhetorical; basically summarizing what you said into a question. Im not saying anything against what you replied .-.