Official Community Poll - Do you use bot tabs?

Alek

Do you used bot tabs or open a new client for new bots?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you used bot tabs or open a new client for new bots?

• I open a new bot tab, having multiple bots per client
    • I open a new client for each new bot I want to run

2 minutes ago, Alek said:

So if tabbed botting was improved, would you still start new clients?

I think it would be nice to have a little side panel how it once was with the lil thumbnails you could click to view/start/stop/pause scripts etc (or atleast i think we use to have that). Having proxies per tab would be nice for those that use them. Maybe bulk options that you could have to start x script for all tabs or selected tabs, Stop all/selected tabs etc.

IDK just thoughts that have popped into my head as im typing, I think for the most part, if people are running lots of accounts they will be using cli and might not actually be that many to use multiple tabs.

1 minute ago, Fruity said:

I think it would be nice to have a little side panel how it once was with the lil thumbnails you could click to view/start/stop/pause scripts etc (or atleast i think we use to have that). Having proxies per tab would be nice for those that use them. Maybe bulk options that you could have to start x script for all tabs or selected tabs, Stop all/selected tabs etc.

IDK just thoughts that have popped into my head as im typing, I think for the most part, if people are running lots of accounts they will be using cli and might not actually be that many to use multiple tabs.

Maybe it was a design mistake on my part. I had removed that side panel and any extra extendable areas in hopes of having a resizable client. I'm not sure if I'm still going to pursue that or not. 

47 minutes ago, Alek said:

I'm just trying to get a feel for if the community still overall would like to keep this feature in the client. Does anyone here use bot tabs?

Thanks!

well as it wont let me open 2 clients sometimes i use the 2tabs in one client option..... but id like us freeloaders to be able to open 2 clients permanently with 1tab each

btw: how can i check how many days is left from a recurring payment script?

7 minutes ago, gearing said:

well as it wont let me open 2 clients sometimes i use the 2tabs in one client option..... but id like us freeloaders to be able to open 2 clients permanently with 1tab each

btw: how can i check how many days is left from a recurring payment script?

https://osbot.org/forum/clients/purchases/

27 minutes ago, Alek said:

Maybe it was a design mistake on my part. I had removed that side panel and any extra extendable areas in hopes of having a resizable client. I'm not sure if I'm still going to pursue that or not. 

Maybe for time being have the panel attached as it was and maybe if you do decide to go for a resizeable client you could make some portable panel like you have done with the logger, maybe have issues of people not being able to find it like the logger because they dont check, though.

Edited by Fruity

1 hour ago, Alek said:

A re-sizeable client would be awesome - mostly for people with 4k (or other high resolution displays) who have dpi scaling issues with swing.

As for tabs, I think the current problem with tabs are:

• It's awkward to switch between them from mobile (teamviewer)
  • You can only see one tab at once (thumbnails were awesome)

Perhaps you could hide/unhide (minimise) up to 4 tabs per bot, like below? would be pretty cool! ...or thumbnails!

jygNLva.png

-Apa