Please Stop

Juggles

1 hour ago, ProjectPact said:

That’s why I don’t tell people prices, I say let me know how much you’re willing to pay and if I think it is fair I will do it

Good idea. Gonna start doing that 

That’s why I don’t tell people prices, I say let me know how much you’re willing to pay and if I think it is fair I will do it

Problem is people don't know what to base the price off.  They will go to the closest thing they can find and base it off of that.  Example: I want a private air orber.  Then they're like oh shit how much is this gonna cost me? so they look at SDN and see that there's premium orber scripts for 9$ or whatever it is, so they compare it with the SDN script, let's say they double the price + add couple extra dollars, and they want $20 for an air orber.  

Or another example: I want a private zulrah script, SDN has one for 25$/month, so they think for a private one maybe 100$-200$?

You can always do something like: PM me with price + project description, and ignore the unrealistic ones?

Or have some sort of price reference on your thread: ex: made Bob a private flax picker, project cost (~$40).  People need something to base their prices.

But obviously you will still have people who will try to lowball and not give a fuck.

5 hours ago, LeBron said:

I asked for a simple script, the guy asked for $50. 

ALL I needed it do to was eat twice of whatever has an Eat option in your inventory IF hp drops below 40% (was gonna use it to AFK gargs and other shit while doing slayer). If that isn't simple then I don't know what is. 

Learn from my first purchase of a private script. I too thought that i was requesting a "simple" script. $25 and took the writer about 20 minutes to give me V1 of what i asked, i was a little upset because i thought that was high for the work put in. But then i started needing changes to the script because it wasnt fine tuned to the way i liked it and guess what? This script writer has spent at least 4 hours dealing with me and fixing the things i was picky about. On top of that he offers free support on the script for 3-6 months (i cant remember which but either way its a deal.) 

So if you think about it i actually just paid him $6.25 an hour. THATS LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE! 

I agree with Juggles, Stfu and pay the price or dont bother. These guys have probably been around years longer than you have and know exactly why their pricing something the way they are.

47 minutes ago, thedevilhacker said:

Learn from my first purchase of a private script. I too thought that i was requesting a "simple" script. $25 and took the writer about 20 minutes to give me V1 of what i asked, i was a little upset because i thought that was high for the work put in. But then i started needing changes to the script because it wasnt fine tuned to the way i liked it and guess what? This script writer has spent at least 4 hours dealing with me and fixing the things i was picky about. On top of that he offers free support on the script for 3-6 months (i cant remember which but either way its a deal.) 

So if you think about it i actually just paid him $6.25 an hour. THATS LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE! 

I agree with Juggles, Stfu and pay the price or dont bother. These guys have probably been around years longer than you have and know exactly why their pricing something the way they are.

Exactly. The payment includes lifetime support, bug fixes, and small changes all for free. 

• Like 1