[Suggestion] SDN Managers

Container

I've gathered you all here today, because I want to talk about our lord and saviour; the SDN.

The SDN is in a pretty horrible place at the moment and I've already seen Alek trying to take on some of the challenges (read; outdated scripts, official OSBot script) which is awesome! The SDN is still flawed though, and here I am directly referincing to the SDN Requests.

I know people who have waited weeks upon weeks getting their SDN requests even looked at and I've got to say; it's honestly really demotivating to have to wait so long to get a script on the SDN - and it's demotivating for all ranks of scripters aswell as new upcoming ones.

I will here propose an idea to the SDN management. This is to be discussed, hated or graced upon.

Proposed idea (and food for thought) |

There will need to be hired new SDN Managers that can manage the SDN requests and update the SDN.

Scripter rank 2 or higher can apply.

A hired SDN manager will only be able to manage and review scripts for scripters that have the same rank or below. (Ex. Scriper Rank 2 can manage scripts from other Scripter 2's, Scripter 1's and upcoming scripters).

Pros:

• SDN requests will be handled a lot faster
  • It will be more motivating to request SDN uploads

Cons:

• The quality of scripts may decrease if not reviewed by top-tier scripters/developers.
  • Inconsistency in scripts if reviewed by more people

I would like to know, what people think of the situation and the proposed idea. This post was mainly written because I see a problem that should be discussed; not so much because I think my idea is the solution. Other solutions and proposals are welcome. Discuss.

Edited by Container
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, paper said:

i think the plebs would get everything wrong. you would need trusted people to manage. and then you would have to manage the managers. i think its a good idea, but i think you would have a damn hard time implementing it

i will manage the managers who manage the sdn who manage the scripters who manage niki manage

This would only work I reckon if the person who did this had no active SDN scripts hence couldn't benefit that much from stealing code. A way to go about this would be to hire someone for the job. But then you may as well just hire another Dev.

To be honest I think alek is doing a really good job with what is in place at the moment, and it is clear he is investing lots of time into the client and SDN.

It's a difficult topic without a clear solution, and unfortunately I don't think this solves it (or atleast it didn't last time!)

-Apa

• Like 1