Gun Violence (in America).

RoomScape

54 minutes ago, illuminati666 said:

Take a look at Chicago.

Take a look at New York. Chicago is a lost cause. Nothing is enforced there.

52 minutes ago, htb5 said:

Its also hard to kill 10 people who also carry guns. It will make you think about it more too (if i go nuts and shoot people i will die cause they have guns too). I lived in Baltimore and to be able to buy illegal guns is very easy. A 3d printer can also make a gun.

then why do people in other countries not print a gun and carry out mass shootings? :???:

13 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

I didn't know you could easily conceal an AR. :doge: 

I exaggerated by saying AR but it's still easy to pull out a concealed gun and harm more people than you would with a knife.

50 minutes ago, packthebowlll said:

The only person that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun... & I don't mean the cops lol

not really because the good guy with the gun can get shot by the bad guy first and/or other good guys may not carry guns so that logic is flawed. By saying you need a gun to defend yourself from other gun owners? Let's give everyone tanks, we can defend each other with our own tanks. lmao.

Edited by D Bolter

15 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

not really because the good guy with the gun can get shot by the bad guy first and/or other good guys may not carry guns so that logic is flawed. By saying you need a gun to defend yourself from other gun owners? Let's give everyone tanks, we can defend each other with our own tanks. lmao.

Tanks for all!!

Realistically speaking, banning guns ...how exactly are the bad guys going to give it up or get them taken away with the the high amount of illegal guns in the USA? Especially considering the large amounts of firearms thru FnF or other guns coming directly from the government that ended up in "wrong hands"

Edited by overboardsea123s
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, liverare said:
  • Mass shootings != mass murder.
  • The majority of gun violence happen in inner-cities, not in Cletus-country.
  • School shootings are very rare and death toll negligible.
  • UK has very strict gun laws, but we also have rape gangs that have operated with impunity for decades.

School shootings aren't rare, unless you consider these numbers to be rare:

62 school shootings from 2015 - present 20.6/year
92 school shootings from 2010 - 2014 = 23/year
63 school shootings from 2000 - 2009 = 6.3/year

14 mass shootings since 2000 (22 victims per shooting)

Orlando Night Club (2016) : 50
Sutherland Springs (2017) : 27
Las Vegas          (2017) : 59

Also the majority of these crimes have not happened in inner-cities. "cletus country" - literally Sutherland Springs has 600 residents.

2 hours ago, D Bolter said:

I live in KY. I believe there should be stronger gun control even if it means abolishing them permanently. With civilians not possessing firearms, the police don't have to fear for their lives as much and can't give the excuse "oh he had a gun on him". So I think police brutality would decrease. There are many alternatives to guns: we could use pepper spray, tasers, etc. These don't kill people so even if you have an "accident", you won't kill anyone and can still defend yourself.

That's what I would love to happen but know definitely will not.

1 hour ago, htb5 said:

While that is true it still will not have much effect on it. They have done that with drugs and when one gets the book another one pops up. I feel like we should focus on helping youth more then trying to get rid of guns.

But for America it is all about money. We are controlled by a few rich people who are looking out for there own assets.

That's most of the world. They cater to the rich at the expense of the entire country.

1 hour ago, Alek said:

Second Amendment is outdated. An AR15 can't beat a tank/jet/warship. Also if we never ratified Amendments, Americans would still not be drinking alcohol - things change over time. Now I'm not saying ban guns, because they are readily available already on the market. 

The prohibition of alcohol was not in the bill of rights.

In the US if we controlled some of these gangs in large cities our numbers would drop tons in firearm incidents.   As a gun owner in my state we have to present ID fill out an application and give a background check for gun purchase. At the moment I dont see any law that will reduce crime other than of course total ban. Criminals will always get someone to buy their weapons from gun shops to bypass the laws. 

1 hour ago, John Cena said:

Too much brainwashing by media regarding gun control. Constitution is there for a reason, if you don't like the right to bear arms you can shuv it up your arse.

I'm UK btw.

I mean, that's not a great argument but hey, it works.

1 hour ago, Jackthedon said:

To build on what Apa said, I completely agree that I think if the american police force were to operate differently, perhaps like in the link below then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to be strapped. In the UK people typically have guns for sport such as clay pigeon shooting and some types of hunting.

This video I believes gives a very general impression of how the difference feels between the UK police and US police: 

Edit: If this were the US, the man may not have a machete but rather a gun which would endanger more lives including his own and be harder to contain resulting in more cases of police brutality, in my opinion.

The police in the US are also more brutal and racist than others as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

I didn't know you could easily conceal an AR. :doge: 

Wear a robe.

1 hour ago, ez11 said:

thats bs

the us are one of the worst first world countrys when it comes to police brutality. You dont get beaten up by police in germany just because you likely dont have a gun

if you actually think that having a gun is gonna protect you against your countrys army + policeforce you are probably not the smartest dude. Especially since your leaders are not wake up one day and say "oh boy lets oppress every citizen in our country". They just tell everyone that group X hurts the country and in an act of patriotism everyone will turn against that group.

This isn't Germany.

1 hour ago, ez11 said:

imo 

either get:

strict gun laws

or

profiling potential criminals based on appearence/occupation/suspicious activity/crime statistics of the area

If dont have 1 of these you end up with a minority commiting a lot of crimes and most of your opulation will suffer from it.

Profiling 'potential' criminals is where you lost me.

1 hour ago, D Bolter said:

But people have guns and not tanks so why bring tanks into this? That's not a great comparison.

45 minutes ago, LeBron said:

Really? You mentioned the consitition, the constition is law, law is made by poltitians, politians are paid by corporate America. 

No, the constitution was not made by politicians or corporate America.

44 minutes ago, Burundanga said:

take away guns from the people and hand them over to the establishment just like under the reign of Hitler, that turned out OK :doge:

There are a number of other examples as well.

35 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Realistically speaking, banning guns ...how exactly are the bad guys going to give it up or get them taken away with the the high amount of illegal guns in the USA? Especially considering the large amounts of firearms thru FnF or other guns coming directly from the government that ended up in "wrong hands"

They aren't. Banning guns will affect the law abiding citizens more. There will be criminals who don't even own guns legally - mostly - and will not be affected by the gun ban and then there will be people who will not give up their guns without dying first so that'll be a different issue.

• Like 2