Got hacked

SoggyToes

my account recently got hacked and i believe it has something to do with this bot. where someone accessed my account and sold a bunch of my stuff and gave my gold away to one of their accounts. i recently got it back under control but it basically erased all my progress for my items. i dont expect anyone to be able to do anything. but i thought i would bring it to everyones attention that there is a person on this site that is interested in stealing accounts

11 hours ago, SoggyToes said:

my account recently got hacked and i believe it has something to do with this bot. where someone accessed my account and sold a bunch of my stuff and gave my gold away to one of their accounts. i recently got it back under control but it basically erased all my progress for my items. i dont expect anyone to be able to do anything. but i thought i would bring it to everyones attention that there is a person on this site that is interested in stealing accounts

Sorry for your loss, there are alot of ways this could have occurred but osbot is not one of them.

The most common is someone close to you followed by social engineering. Someone befriending you. They will gain your trust and send you a compromised link or file. Phishing links. The list of potential flaws in your account security are endless.

Heres a pretty comprehensive guide to account security https://www.runescape.com/oldschool/security

if you believe your computer is compromised change your OSBOT,OSRS,Email passwords on an alternate secure device and take steps to secure your computer.

18 hours ago, SoggyToes said:

use 2FA and a password that is only for the account

if you want to buy gold feel free to contact me: gearing#3065

good luck

Lol OSBot didn't hack you. There are hundreds (thousands?) of active users. Reset your PC to make sure you don't have any keyloggers and then change all your passwords for everything. If you are new to botting, which I assume you are, check that you didn't use a fake botting client meant to target hack people who are looking to bot for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...