Gold price discussion

vendicci

The current gold price is $0,55-0,58

It is so low and only seems to keep dropping. Does anyone know if the 07 gold price has ever been so low and bounced back before? I know that it will go up around Christmas but what else needs to happen for the market to become healthier again?

I don't think that botters are the problem but my concern are 9 to 5 goldfarmers. There is one streamer the guy with the school shooter hairstyle, he kills vorkah,rune dragons and claims that it earns him 5Mill a hour. That's a good income in low tier countries and he won't get banned. that is just one person  imagine if 1000s of people were doing this. Most of us have rwt before but only a tiny procent receives a ban for it. What do you think?

Will they bounce back? Yes for sure

It's just a matter of time to get the price back up again. People these days can make up to 5m an hour if they are lucky indeed, but does that mean they also rwt that? I guess not. There are a lot of bots these days, but I feel like the ban hammer is also rising and they are finally working on the economy of Runescape again. But this is my opinion though.

• Like 1

Gold will go go back up, at the moment it isn't stable.

People duped it, people got hacked for hundreds of bills and also the twisted bow dupe the other month, these problems all lowered the cost.

The game is only going to get less and less popular. I and many other are quitting and selling gold. I know the person who hacked 60 45 for 90b and know that got dumped on the market a couple weeks ago. Just look at the daily player count drop when Venezuala is in black out and you'll have your answer as to why GP prices are dropping. Less actual players are playing and more gold farmers. Supply > demand. 

On 5/21/2019 at 10:31 AM, clanffs said:

The game is only going to get less and less popular. I and many other are quitting and selling gold. I know the person who hacked 60 45 for 90b and know that got dumped on the market a couple weeks ago. Just look at the daily player count drop when Venezuala is in black out and you'll have your answer as to why GP prices are dropping. Less actual players are playing and more gold farmers. Supply > demand. 

Wouldn't the Venezuela drop out make gold prices increase^?

I also wouldn't be so confident that the prices go higher anytime soon, We lost a very important mod, Not sure if something is happening inside the OSRS politics but MMK leaving was definitely not a good sign... He's argument of needing a change wasn't very convincing:feels:

Its a MonkaS for OSRS in my opinion, We need a positive change in the game during 2019 to make sure we have a decent 2020:gnome:

Edited by Elixar

1 hour ago, Elixar said:

Wouldn't the Venezuela drop out make gold prices increase^?

I also wouldn't be so confident that the prices go higher anytime soon, We lost a very important mod, Not sure if something is happening inside the OSRS politics but MMK leaving was definitely not a good sign... He's argument of needing a change wasn't very convincing:feels:

Its a MonkaS for OSRS in my opinion, We need a positive change in the game during 2019 to make sure we have a decent 2020:gnome:

No was using that as an example of the proportion of gold farmers in this game, not about the effect of them being unable to play on the market.

Guarantee you if they fix pvp prices will skyrocket as people flock back to the game

2 hours ago, clanffs said:

No was using that as an example of the proportion of gold farmers in this game, not about the effect of them being unable to play on the market.

Guarantee you if they fix pvp prices will skyrocket as people flock back to the game

I doubt pvp is the problem. So many items come into the game vs going out, the way to fix prices is the old death mechanics but then ppl quit when they die so it's kind of a double edge sword.