How did you put Goldfarming on your CV/Resume?

THS

Talk about machine learning, advanced AI theory, and neural networks. The more about a subject you know nothing about, the better. Also say you were an employee (Software Developer) at OSBot. 

(these are all things you shouldn't do because that would be lying - we've seen these things before and its maximum cringe).

• Like 6
  • Boge 3

3 minutes ago, Alek said:

Talk about machine learning, advanced AI theory, and neural networks. The more about a subject you know nothing about, the better. Also say you were an employee (Software Developer) at OSBot. 

(these are all things you shouldn't do because that would be lying - we've seen these things before and its maximum cringe).

This is why I'm trying to walk the edge :doge:

Plus I'm not discussing it as actual work experience or anything, more of my hobbies/ongoing projects. I have a few that have actually been lucrative so this goes under those.

Whenever I talk to my colleagues about what I did for money during my studies, they're so gobsmacked that it somehow isn't on my CV. I imagine someone in your position would have an easier time spinning that tale though.

Edited by THS

5 minutes ago, Alek said:

Literally do this

30 minutes ago, Alek said:

Isn't that super sci-fi related coding stuff? then again didn't you also work for the Government ;)

If your job experience is so lackluster that you're even considering putting that on more than likely the job is so low level that resumes don't mean much. I do, however, know a few developers who have used their RuneScape bot development experience to get internships/jobs at companies like Amazon/Walmart. Keep in mind these were actual competent developers who had a well established resume already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swizzbeat said:

If your job experience is so lackluster that you're even considering putting that on more than likely the job is so low level that resumes don't mean much. I do, however, know a few developers who have used their RuneScape bot development experience to get internships/jobs at companies like Amazon/Walmart. Keep in mind these were actual competent developers who had a well established resume already.

5 minutes ago, Final said:

I bulked botting up so much for my personal statement for university, which also got me my first programming gig.

Pretty easy how to bulk it up and if your ever asked about it, it's super easy as long as you don't include AI and all that shit, because it's the truth.

Cheers for the insight.

My line of work is not in any way related to this subject matter, but it's interesting to hear that people have put it to use!