Thoughts on our current feedback system?

RoomScape

14 minutes ago, ez11 said:

The AIO Marketguide @Maldesto posted says that negative feedback is not jsut for scams:

"NegativeNegative feedback is meant for trades to where you have not received the item you have paid for or someone has taken away money given to you for a service. This can also be left if the buyer and/or seller is extremely rude or demanding, these will be handled in a case by case scenario by the Staff Team."

https://osbot.org/forum/announcement/57-aio-market-guide/

So basically if someone is a MM and holds money and then decides to flame the guy whose money hes holding and telling him that hes going to give the money away even though the buyer hasnt recieved what he paid for that would also be a situation that would deserve a negative feedback acording to what maldesto posted.

Is that new or was that always there? I don't think I remember seeing that before. 

19 minutes ago, Decode said:

Negatives are only given in case of scams, basically.

We allow people to leave neutrals if they have a valid reason, just because they choose not to doesn't mean the system is flawed :???: 

What is the point in negative FB when we have a dispute section where people are banned if they scam? Negative is literally useless in the current system. Neutral just isn't very known as it was always removed in the past so people don't leave it. 

2 minutes ago, Lucki said:

u literally get threatened by staff if you try to leave neutral feedback

My point exactly. You're deterred from using neutral FB. When people do leave neutral it gets deleted most the time. 

Also, for people arguing that negative would hurt sellers, it probably would at the moment since everyone who ever had negative is banned for scamming. So naturally if you have negative people associate that with scamming. Negative should just mean they had a negative experience and scamming should be something unrelated. 

36 minutes ago, ez11 said:

The AIO Marketguide @Maldesto posted says that negative feedback is not jsut for scams:

"NegativeNegative feedback is meant for trades to where you have not received the item you have paid for or someone has taken away money given to you for a service. This can also be left if the buyer and/or seller is extremely rude or demanding, these will be handled in a case by case scenario by the Staff Team."

https://osbot.org/forum/announcement/57-aio-market-guide/

So basically if someone is a MM and holds money and then decides to flame the guy whose money hes holding and telling him that hes going to give the money away even though the buyer hasnt recieved what he paid for that would also be a situation that would deserve a negative feedback acording to what maldesto posted.

He shouldn't be a MM as he's clearly ignorant, lmfao. But yes, that's a valid point. 

4 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

My point exactly. You're deterred from using neutral FB. When people do leave neutral it gets deleted most the time. 

Also, for people arguing that negative would hurt sellers, it probably would at the moment since everyone who ever had negative is banned for scamming. So naturally if you have negative people associate that with scamming. Negative should just mean they had a negative experience and scamming should be something unrelated. 

So basically hack forums

8 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Around most OSRS communities, people view NEGATIVE as scamming and do not trade with those people. Even I try not to interact with anyone if they have a negative feedback 

Negative isn't a bad thing. Just means there was a bad experience. The community makes negative a bad thing so that's where we're at at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, DrDu said:

So basically hack forums

I'm banned on HF so I don't know. :(

rip

1 hour ago, Decode said:

Negatives are only given in case of scams, basically.

We allow people to leave neutrals if they have a valid reason, just because they choose not to doesn't mean the system is flawed :???: 

What about cases when a scripter runs off with 300$, my code, and attempts to redistribute. Wasnt a scam, think my feedback for him should be deleted

Edited by k9thebeast

45 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Is that new or was that always there? I don't think I remember seeing that before. 

This has been there.  But it's generally not followed.

There are plenty negatives, but we never see them cause they are mostly banned after and the only ones we see are when they 'refund' after a period of time. If they refund immediately then it's usually removed and most likely played off as a misunderstanding. All the rudeness is forgotten after because the main focus is the missing item or service.

We simply don't see Neutrals because this generally doesn't happen. Who insults someone during or after a successful trade? The system is not abusive itself but we view negative feedbacks very harshly and it needs improvement. Like many things around OSBot. 

That isn't to say it isn't working good, it's just not amazing. I still like this system more than some forums such as scythe. I just think it could be improved.

38 minutes ago, Asuna said:

This has been there.  But it's generally not followed.

There are plenty negatives, but we never see them cause they are mostly banned after and the only ones we see are when they 'refund' after a period of time. If they refund immediately then it's usually removed and most likely played off as a misunderstanding. All the rudeness is forgotten after because the main focus is the missing item or service.

We simply don't see Neutrals because this generally doesn't happen. Who insults someone during or after a successful trade? The system is not abusive itself but we view negative feedbacks very harshly and it needs improvement. Like many things around OSBot. 

That isn't to say it isn't working good, it's just not amazing. I still like this system more than some forums such as scythe. I just think it could be improved.

What I would always find funny af is when someone has FB and would advertise saying 100% FB rating - both here and other forums. That never made any sense to me as anyone who had a negative always got banned, just marketing I guess. But I just thought about this and decided to make a thread.