Jump to content
RoomScape

Thoughts on our current feedback system?

Recommended Posts

I think it's not fully trustable. Yes, some people have more feedback than others, but that's not what i'm getting at. 

Currently, the system is as follows:

  • You trade with someone and the trade works out. You can leave positive feedback or no feedback. 
  • You attempt to trade with someone but can't come to an agreement for one reason or another. You cannot leave them feedback at all. 
  • You trade with someone but they pulled some last minute bs on you and you can't back out since you need to trade. You can only leave positive feedback or no feedback. 

As it is, only positive feedback is being used. Negative feedback is never useful and neutral feedback is nonexistent. Why do we not use neutral or negative feedback? If a trade goes smoothly, you deserve positive feedback as it was a positive vibe and trade on both ends.

If someone is displeased with the trade then they should be able to leave neutral - I do understand the rules for neutral but it's barely ever used. 

If someone had a bad trade and got ripped off by someone or had a negative experience, they deserve to be able to leave negative feedback. Now i'm not spaying that you can just go leaving anyone negative feedback for any reason, it's just under certain situations. But currently, negative feedback can never be used as it's only when you get scammed at which point the user is banned. If I agree on a price with someone and then right before the trade they pull some bs and change their mind, that should warrant a neutral or negative feedback even though a trade did not take place. Under the current system, no feedback can be left as no trade took place. 

 

What do you ughs think think about this? I just thought about it and wanted to know what you guys had to say. I'm not suggesting we change the system or anything otherwise this wouldn't be posted in this section. I'm just stating an opinion and want to know what you guys think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think negative feedback has too big of an impact. If a buyer sees someone has negative feedback, it WILL deter them from not trading with the guy.
Trading on this website can't always be very smooth because some things just take a while and real life can interfere aswell.
Straight up rudeness though, should be punishable with neutral or negative feedback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Decode said:

Negatives are only given in case of scams, basically.

We allow people to leave neutrals if they have a valid reason, just because they choose not to doesn't mean the system is flawed :???: 

The AIO Marketguide @Maldesto posted says that negative feedback is not jsut for scams:

"NegativeNegative feedback is meant for trades to where you have not received the item you have paid for or someone has taken away money given to you for a service. This can also be left if the buyer and/or seller is extremely rude or demanding, these will be handled in a case by case scenario by the Staff Team."

https://osbot.org/forum/announcement/57-aio-market-guide/

So basically if someone is a MM and holds money and then decides to flame the guy whose money hes holding and telling him that hes going to give the money away even though the buyer hasnt recieved what he paid for that would also be a situation that would deserve a negative feedback acording to what maldesto posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RoomScape I agree i didnt understand the taboo of Neutral and Negative feedback when I first joined. I would agree it would make our community safer and more vibrant if our feedbacks were more honest. If someone is an asshole when they MM maybe they deserve atleast neutral fb *cough* @Zerker . Its just about being honest

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ez11 said:

 

 

So basically if someone is a MM and holds money and then decides to flame the guy whose money hes holding and telling him that hes going to give the money away even though the buyer hasnt recieved what he paid for that would also be a situation that would deserve a negative feedback acording to what maldesto posted.

LMAO I love u

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ez11 said:

The AIO Marketguide @Maldesto posted says that negative feedback is not jsut for scams:

"NegativeNegative feedback is meant for trades to where you have not received the item you have paid for or someone has taken away money given to you for a service. This can also be left if the buyer and/or seller is extremely rude or demanding, these will be handled in a case by case scenario by the Staff Team."

https://osbot.org/forum/announcement/57-aio-market-guide/

So basically if someone is a MM and holds money and then decides to flame the guy whose money hes holding and telling him that hes going to give the money away even though the buyer hasnt recieved what he paid for that would also be a situation that would deserve a negative feedback acording to what maldesto posted.

Those rules need changing by the big man himself seeing as he is the one who said the negative is just for scams :think: 

1 minute ago, Lucki said:

@RoomScape I agree i didnt understand the taboo of Neutral and Negative feedback when I first joined. I would agree it would make our community safer and more vibrant if our feedbacks were more honest. If someone is an asshole when they MM maybe they deserve atleast neutral fb *cough* @Zerker . Its just about being honest

Don't know what you're on about, zerker was never going to get that neutral feedback removed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Decode said:

Those rules need changing by the big man himself seeing as he is the one who said the negative is just for scams :think: 

Don't know what you're on about, zerker was never going to get that neutral feedback removed. 

stop caping for zerker said nothing about neutral getting removed merely gave an example of where a netural feedback may be warranted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lucki said:

stop caping for zerker said nothing about neutral getting removed merely gave an example of where a netural feedback may be warranted

 

4 minutes ago, Decode said:

Those rules need changing by the big man himself seeing as he is the one who said the negative is just for scams :think: 

Don't know what you're on about, zerker was never going to get that neutral feedback removed. 

The only issue is it seems nobody can make up their mind. For ex. my dispute with qwerd. There was no neutral fb after that. So a newer member who wasnt here for that dispute has no previous knowledge of history of disputes of a member they may be trading with. If Qwerd had left me a neutral a servicer may be more inclined to take pictures of my bank upon completion or something when doing services for me or if qwerd did a service for them they may put a pin on it. If you can get banned and forced to refund and not have a neutral fb on your record then why have that section

Edited by Lucki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...