APA Sand Crabs

Apaec

13 hours ago, Apaec said:

In general, when botting it is always worth assuming that your account is already flagged as a potential bot. To avoid a ban, just keep short sessions and a low profile. Player reports can increase the likelihood of bans so luckily this particular script mistake avoided that potential danger :)

I think Apa's unwillingness to separate HP and combat xp is because it looks nicer to have a higher xp per hour display value and many people don't know that it's combined hp and combat XP.

13 hours ago, maclainus1 said:

can i get a trial to APA sand crabs please?

Sure - trial started!

-Apa

10 hours ago, troro1 said:

I think Apa's unwillingness to separate HP and combat xp is because it looks nicer to have a higher xp per hour display value and many people don't know that it's combined hp and combat XP.

Hey troro,

The reason i'm reluctant to separate HP is because the counter shows the total exp gained. If it didn't show HP exp, then it wouldn't be the total and could be ambiguous. I think the way the paint is laid out at the moment makes the most sense.

Apa

8 hours ago, honsu said:

i use this over night well i sleep 7-8 hours no problem great script just remember to not no life it and you should be fine and take couple hours break doing other things like skilling and quests etc

Glad the script worked well over night :) In general, i'd recommend against botting overnight. As you mentioned, it's best to keep a low profile and mix up your activities. Personally I always supervise the script while it is running to make sure I don't inadvertently overuse it.

Apa

5 hours ago, Jesus Christ said:

Today I'm kind of disappointed in you man.

http://prntscr.com/ou6gdh

This script doesn't log you out when you are OUT OF AMMO?!?!

That's bizarre, the script is programmed to regularly ensure you do not run out of ammo. I will double check the code now and investigate why it did not stop for you.

Edit:

I've narrowed down the problem. The script checks can potentially fail if you are using a weapon which uses the (virtual) quiver, such as a bow. At the moment, the script safely stops if you are using a blowpipe, crossbow, or thrown equipment.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have just pushed an update to patch this issue:

--------------------

Update - version 3.11:

• Fixed ammo check failing for weapons which use the quiver.
Edited by Apaec

3 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hey troro,

The reason i'm reluctant to separate HP is because the counter shows the total exp gained. If it didn't show HP exp, then it wouldn't be the total and could be ambiguous. I think the way the paint is laid out at the moment makes the most sense.

Apa

It would be nice if the paint reflects what you say but at moment it says "Exp gained" instead of "total exp gained". Most scripts that have effort put into them would display actual xp gained in the particular skill. It doesn't make sense that someone using your script to train Strength cannot see the accurate Strength xp gained. Your paint would lead them to think they are actually gaining the displayed value when in fact it is inflated with HP xp.  I'm not familiar with osbot's API but it cetainly isn't difficult to separate out the xp gained or just display a fraction value of the "Exp gained". But instead, your customers would have to multiply your "Exp gained" by 0.75 to get the real xp gained in Strength and not many know to do this. You said before that adding anymore information to the paint will make it too cluttered, then customers would rather have it cluttered than be misled. You can make the font smaller or get rid of "Location" since we picked the location ourselves.

Edited by troro1

5 hours ago, osbot337 said:

what does the bot do after 6 hours. Does it change world automatically before 6 hours or does it just logout after 6 hours.

The bot continues to run until you manually stop it. If the script gets logged out and you have configured account details, then the script will log back in and continue.

I'd suggest configuring OSBot to use breaks through the settings menu. This will help you keep a low profile whilst botting.

Best

Apa

On 8/18/2019 at 9:42 PM, troro1 said:

It would be nice if the paint reflects what you say but at moment it says "Exp gained" instead of "total exp gained". Most scripts that have effort put into them would display actual xp gained in the particular skill. It doesn't make sense that someone using your script to train Strength cannot see the accurate Strength xp gained. Your paint would lead them to think they are actually gaining the displayed value when in fact it is inflated with HP xp.  I'm not familiar with osbot's API but it cetainly isn't difficult to separate out the xp gained or just display a fraction value of the "Exp gained". But instead, your customers would have to multiply your "Exp gained" by 0.75 to get the real xp gained in Strength and not many know to do this. You said before that adding anymore information to the paint will make it too cluttered, then customers would rather have it cluttered than be misled. You can make the font smaller or get rid of "Location" since we picked the location ourselves.

Thanks for the feedback. The 'exp gained' counter tracks all exp gained during the session. If you were to start the script using a sword, and switch to a crossbow half way through, the exp gained counter would accumulate hp, ranged, and strength exp. Likewise, if you are using a weapon with a shared attack style (which is a common choice for players wishing to level up their stats simultaneously), the script would also show the exp gained in all these skills. I feel it wouldn't make sense for an 'exp gained' counter to track all exp except for HP, that seems like an ambiguous and unintuitive exclusion.

With that said, you have made your wishes for a separate tracker clear. I have made a note of this in my to-do list and will think about how this could be integrated into the paint in such a way as to minimise clutter and ambiguity. I also agree with you that the font settings could be adjusted to better display the information - it seems like at the moment there are some inconsistencies between operating systems.

-Apa

• 2 weeks later...