APA Sand Crabs

Apaec

10 hours ago, Jesus Christ said:

"are you using low CPU mode?" no. should I? Will it make a difference for the better?

Woke up this morning, didnt do anything and was just standing there... then I closed your script and I could move easily. then I started the script and then it was freezing again. then i ended the script and it was still freezing for a few seconds till the point where I just closed the client and restarted it. I am not sure whether it is the script or the client that makes it freeze after botting for a large number of hours.

I restarted the client and are running the script now. It works perfectly fine.

What causes it to freeze after like 6 hours? Why does re-starting the osbot client immediately help? How can I solve this problem, without manually having to refresh my client all the time...?

I asked about low CPU mode to make sure you weren't using it - i'd recommend avoiding it as it causes scripts to run sluggishly.

Hmm, that's very odd. Sounds like a memory leak somewhere.

I have a feeling this is to do with the client, as the script has never had problems like this before (and the code hasn't changed) - see the screenshots on the original post).

I'll see if any other scripters are experiencing this and then file a client bug report if necessary.

Apa

4 hours ago, REDMAGE said:

Any plans for adding the dungeon south of the woodcutting guild? If it's already in, how do I select it?

It's on the list of things to do, but sadly not an option yet. Sorry about that.

-Apa

1 hour ago, Apaec said:

I asked about low CPU mode to make sure you weren't using it - i'd recommend avoiding it as it causes scripts to run sluggishly.

Hmm, that's very odd. Sounds like a memory leak somewhere.

I have a feeling this is to do with the client, as the script has never had problems like this before (and the code hasn't changed) - see the screenshots on the original post).

I'll see if any other scripters are experiencing this and then file a client bug report if necessary.

Apa

It's on the list of things to do, but sadly not an option yet. Sorry about that.

-Apa

do you think that it is caused because I use a vps? Like, do you think there is a way to delete this memory after 6 hours on my vps?

hmmm... look at this: http://prntscr.com/oq8d4a

Apparently after a long amount of hours it reaches a maximum memory limit... what can I do? I dont want to buy a more expensive vps lol

I bought this vps:

• 2GB RAM
•    50GB Disk
•    2000GB Bandwith @ 1000 Mbps
•    Shared Intel HT CPU 3 Cores @ 2GHz
•    1x IPv4 Addresses

How is 2gb ram not enough to run a single bot lol. Is this normal? what do you think?

Edited by Jesus Christ

38 minutes ago, Jesus Christ said:

do you think that it is caused because I use a vps? Like, do you think there is a way to delete this memory after 6 hours on my vps?

hmmm... look at this: http://prntscr.com/oq8d4a

Apparently after a long amount of hours it reaches a maximum memory limit... what can I do? I dont want to buy a more expensive vps lol

I bought this vps:

• 2GB RAM
•    50GB Disk
•    2000GB Bandwith @ 1000 Mbps
•    Shared Intel HT CPU 3 Cores @ 2GHz
•    1x IPv4 Addresses

How is 2gb ram not enough to run a single bot lol. Is this normal? what do you think?

Hey,

As I said, there's probably a memory leak somewhere. My hunch is that it is to do with the client - another diagnostic question: What version of OSBot are you using? Also, did this happen in previous versions?

Best

Apa

It's all good. Just figured I'd ask. 

Speaking of asking things, I hope I'm not bothering you too much while I work out all the kinks, but do you know why causes this?:

Spoiler

2428mms.png

This happens every time the osbot break manager kicks in. Do you think its the client's built-in break manager doing this? It kinda just freezes up right here, stays logged in, and never resumes function. 

Edit: It appears that the break timer doesnt start until logout. Although the script runs to a safe spot it keeps moving around the mouse/camera which prevents the account from logging out.  Is this something you've heard before or am I talking out my ass? Either way; I'm playing around with some of the settings in the GUI to see if I can solve this.

Edited by REDMAGE

8 hours ago, REDMAGE said:

It's all good. Just figured I'd ask. 

Speaking of asking things, I hope I'm not bothering you too much while I work out all the kinks, but do you know why causes this?:

Hide contents

2428mms.png

This happens every time the osbot break manager kicks in. Do you think its the client's built-in break manager doing this? It kinda just freezes up right here, stays logged in, and never resumes function. 

Edit: It appears that the break timer doesnt start until logout. Although the script runs to a safe spot it keeps moving around the mouse/camera which prevents the account from logging out.  Is this something you've heard before or am I talking out my ass? Either way; I'm playing around with some of the settings in the GUI to see if I can solve this.

Hey,

The client break manager should log you out. As you correctly said, the script will run to a safe spot 2 minutes before a break is due to start. It will then wait there until the break manager safely logs you out. For some reason it looks like the break manager isn't logging you out - I have a feeling this might be to do with resizeable mode, but that's just a guess. I'd suggest switching your game to fixed view in the game settings. Could you let me know if that fixes it?

If not, could you let me know the version of OSBot that you are using and i'll run some tests and get in touch with the OSBot developers if necessary.

-Apa

9 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hey,

The client break manager should log you out. As you correctly said, the script will run to a safe spot 2 minutes before a break is due to start. It will then wait there until the break manager safely logs you out. For some reason it looks like the break manager isn't logging you out - I have a feeling this might be to do with resizeable mode, but that's just a guess. I'd suggest switching your game to fixed view in the game settings. Could you let me know if that fixes it?

If not, could you let me know the version of OSBot that you are using and i'll run some tests and get in touch with the OSBot developers if necessary.

-Apa

You're right, it was set to resizable. I'll get back to you on whether or not that changes anything.

I also wanted to report that East 6 states that there's 2 spawns, and it does indeed stand in a spot where there are 2 spawns. The spot though actually has 3 spawns if you move one more tile diagonal. 

EDIT: Break manager was indeed fixed per your suggestion. Thank you.

Edited by REDMAGE

I keeps on trying to refresh west 1 but each time it fails.... 

17 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hey,

As I said, there's probably a memory leak somewhere. My hunch is that it is to do with the client - another diagnostic question: What version of OSBot are you using? Also, did this happen in previous versions?

Best

Apa

i only used this version

3 hours ago, REDMAGE said:

You're right, it was set to resizable. I'll get back to you on whether or not that changes anything.

I also wanted to report that East 6 states that there's 2 spawns, and it does indeed in a spot where there are 2 spawns. The spot actually has 3 spawns if you move one more tile diagonal. 

Thanks for reminding me about this, someone else also mentioned this. I think Jagex tweaked the positions of the sand crab spawns in a recent game update, so i'll have to update the script accordingly.

1 hour ago, Jesus Christ said:

I keeps on trying to refresh west 1 but each time it fails.... 

i only used this version

I'd suggest switching to a different spot instead of west 1 if that's still causing issues. I'll run some tests this evening and over this weekend on that particular spot, although I am already planning to extend it nonetheless. I'm not sure if it will help with the memory issues, but perhaps you could try running the script on the latest dev build?

1 hour ago, winsurgion said:

The bot wont start when i tick "pick up ammunition" and i have the right type of ammunition selected, but when i turn off  "pick up ammunition" it works?

Edit: Oh nevermind, it works now. Sorry.

Hey :)

Glad you got it sorted. For future reference, you need to enable auto-equip of picked up ammo with the Lumbridge guide before using this setting. A pop up should alert you of this.

-Apa

1 hour ago, jameslatham123 said:

Apaec could you please add tasked levelling? Want to fully automate my combat bots and have them reach specified stats without having to go and switch the attack style, would be great! Thanks. Also maybe randomise the refresh tile slightly?

Hey,

The refresh path is fixed, but the exact tiles clicked vary with camera angle, latency, zoom, etc, so I wouldn't worry so much about that. As for task levelling, this is something i'd like to add, but it adds increased complexity to the script with widens the scope for error. I've got it on my backlog list but I can't make any promises for it to be introduced as a feature in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Apa