New Scripter Ranks

Alek

I'm sure many of you have already noticed, a rank change took place over this weekend. The purpose of this change was to tackle two issues:

1. The very large gap between SDN Scripter and Official Script Developer. 

2. New scripters releasing premium scripts.

By breaking down the scripter community into three tiers instead of two, we were able to solve pretty much everything. The breakdown:

Scripter I

Entry-level rank and assigned to scripters upon the release of their first script. Benefits include client VIP privileges; must maintain an active script on the SDN.

Scripter II

Scripter I members may apply for this rank provided they have at least one month on the forums. At this point in time they are assigned a test based on Java and the OSBot API. A passing score of 4/5 is required, failed tests result in test cooldowns. Benefits include VIP client privileges and the ability to release premium scripts. Must maintain an active script on the SDN.

Scripter III

Scripter II members may apply for this rank provided they have at least three months on the forums. Selection process is very competitive and can take anywhere between two months to over a year. The application is multi-faceted and is geared toward grading a scripter as a programmer. Benefits include VIP client privileges, ability to release premium script, and the opportunity to work in special duties such as SDN Manager. Provided there are no pending disciplinary actions, does not need to maintain an active script on the SDN.

• Like 17

provided they have at least three months on the forums

Does this mean a non-rank who decides to become a scripter after 3 months could apply for Scripter 3? Sounds more logical to base it on SDN experience.

the opportunity to work in special duties

Does this only include SDN Manager/Developer? Or are you planning on adding more ranks/duties in the future? Edited by fixthissite

Does this mean a non-rank who decides to become a scripter after 3 months could apply for Scripter 3? Sounds more logical to base it on SDN experience.

Does this only include SDN Manager/Developer? Or are you planning on adding more ranks/duties in the future?

You can only apply for Scripter 3 as a Scripter 2. The Scripter 2 rank checks Java knowledge with practical OSBot API application.

Developer is not on the table as a special duty. SDN Manager is considered a special duty; at one point in time API Developer and Random Event Scripter was too. There may be a few new special duties in the future.

• Like 1

You can only apply for Scripter 3 as a Scripter 2. The Scripter 2 rank checks Java knowledge with practical OSBot API application.

Developer is not on the table as a special duty. SDN Manager is considered a special duty; at one point in time API Developer and Random Event Scripter was too. There may be a few new special duties in the future.

Do you think it would be advantageous to have more than just 1 SDN manager? 

It might split the workload a bit.

apa

• Like 3

YES for the sdn workload, I had to wait 2 weeks for my script to be uploaded :/ 

Let's not play this game shall we Czar?

The only script that took over a week was your slayer. We all know what happened with that...

OT: Thanks for the info Alek and all your work in making this happen

• Like 2