Black People Aren't Intelligent Enough To Make It? (Black mans perspective)

MLK

Someone can correct me with some factual studies that I'm sure are out there, but I feel like intelligence is more dependent upon education than genetics and 'how you're born'. 
Which directly makes it, in the U.S., a cultural problem. Trying to say it's some institutional oppression is just ignorant, and one simple little thing demonstrates that. You have the rates of the stats I'm about to mention, at a DECENT level during the civil rights movement in the 60s. Look through the 70s, 80s, 90s, and up to today, and these have gone for the worse. High school graduation, middle school graduation in some places in black environments isn't even a given now days. Single motherhood rates have skyrocketed, crimes rates increased, poverty worsened. You pick just one of these and you can see how it directly causes the others, and vice-versa. So either it's cultural, or it's currently worse than before the Civil Rights Movement. I'm gonna lean towards the former. 

Just now, Jacksonpm23 said:

Someone can correct me with some factual studies that I'm sure are out there, but I feel like intelligence is more dependent upon education than genetics and 'how you're born'. 
Which directly makes it, in the U.S., a cultural problem. Trying to say it's some institutional oppression is just ignorant, and one simple little thing demonstrates that. You have the rates of the stats I'm about to mention, at a DECENT level during the civil rights movement in the 60s. Look through the 70s, 80s, 90s, and up to today, and these have gone for the worse. High school graduation, middle school graduation in some places in black environments isn't even a given now days. Single motherhood rates have skyrocketed, crimes rates increased, poverty worsened. You pick just one of these and you can see how it directly causes the others, and vice-versa. So either it's cultural, or it's currently worse than before the Civil Rights Movement. I'm gonna lean towards the former. 

You're wrong, 

Screen-Shot-2015-11-22-at-3.53.42-PM.png

On 7/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, Jacksonpm23 said:

-

Edited by Odysseus

On 7/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, Jacksonpm23 said:

-

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Humans beings differ by only 15 million base pairs/5 million Amino Acids, a very small amount. Less than 0.5% of the human body. Saying this, intelligence can vary a maximum of 50% between any two individuals due to environmental and behavioral factors. 

So the environment does play a huge part in determining how smart one is. If you look at it from a Sociological approach, you can say that socioeconomic differences is what plays a major role here. 
A child born with rich parents who both went to college will have a much higher chance of being successful and "intelligent" as compared to someone born into a poor neighborhood which lacks resources. 

There were many studies done on Twins to test this. You can google these research articles and read them if you like

Deary IJ. Intelligence. Curr Biol. 2013 Aug 19;23(16):R673-6. doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2013.07.021. PubMed:23968918. Free full-text available from the publisher:http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982213008440

Deary IJ, Johnson W, Houlihan LM. Genetic foundations of human intelligence. Hum Genet. 2009 Jul;126(1):215-32. doi: 10.1007/s00439-009-0655-4. Epub 2009 Mar 18. Review. PubMed: 19294424.

Plomin R, Deary IJ. Genetics and intelligence differences: five special findings. Mol Psychiatry. 2015 Feb;20(1):98-108. doi: 10.1038/mp.2014.105. Epub 2014 Sep 16. Review. PubMed: 25224258. Free full-text available from PubMed Central: PMC4270739.

Sternberg RJ. Intelligence. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2012 Mar;14(1):19-27. Review. PubMed: 22577301. Free full-text available from PubMed Central: PMC3341646

Edited by Juggles
  • Like 1