Middlemen suggestions.

Decode

I don't think an amount of posts/feedbacks or ranks would make any difference but if I'd put some requirements;

I'd put the requirements really high:

-Atleast a few feedbacks a week valued above 50-100$ total per week

-Be registered for 2+ years

-No past offenses

-Every application would be voted for by the staff team, including CBA's cause we are staff too :kappa:

11 minutes ago, Juggles said:
  • 100+ FB 
  • A high rank such as sponsor or donar (VIP should not count as lots of people will spend $10 to scam).
  • 3 months+ on forums

11 minutes ago, Butta said:

1k + posts
100+ fb
Sponsor/Donor 

..not sure why people mention VIP, its like $10 

7 minutes ago, Final said:

1K Posts+

200 FB+ (Onsite only) (We need to know they are capable of trading in good faith)

No past issues.

• ranks mean nothing - people have scammed with almost every rank here

3 minutes ago, Saiyan said:

FB Requirement Imo 100 seems fair? +-/25

Active i said deemed so, judged by staff i.e uses the forum maybe 2 hours a day? 

1K posts so they don't spam, 100 is too easy to get people spam that shit in a day, 500 can be done in a few weeks and if they spam to 1000 it'll be so obvious 

6 months time as in register date and active consecutively for 3 months (so people if they do scam the MM's it'll deter them from farming) 

2 minutes ago, Dard said:

I don't think an amount of posts/feedbacks or ranks would make any difference but if I'd put some requirements;

I'd put the requirements really high:

-Atleast a few feedbacks a week valued above 50-100$ total per week

-Be registered for 2+ years

-No past offenses

-Every application would be voted for by the staff team, including CBA's cause we are staff too :kappa:

You are overestimating the amount of people who would actually want the rank enough to get it, most likely we're going to end up with 5-10 middlemen for like a year.

1 minute ago, Butta said:

whats the point in a middleman rank then? 

Literally NOTHING lol. People who are getting middlemen ranks such as @RoomScape and @Muffins who actually middlemen trades already weren't gonna scam anyways.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mxttie said:

I agree with the posts and FB without a doubt. Helps prove the person is a part of the community and trustworthy. 

I don't like the idea of having to pay to get a rank? Could there not be some sort of formal application process then you receive the 'verified middleman' rank below your name if which needs to be reviewed and then accepted by a mod or admin?

If there is some sort of application process there is a sense of control that the mods and admin have over the situation.

I've suggested an application in the past but it didn't go through. 

24 minutes ago, Luke Reading said:

i believe 200 plus feedback

1k post count

1year on forums

Active and respected

Lifetime sponsor plus, maybe 100-donar aswell

At the end of the day it should be who the mods/admins trust fully and therefore there can be exceptions - obviously muffins is worthy but does not have sponsor etc

People should have to apply for it just like for being a veteran :)

There should be no exceptions. Exceptions are the people who usually end up scamming plus it wouldn't be fair to just be butt buddies with a mod and get a free rank. Too much corruption can take place. 

27 minutes ago, Final said:

So I invest a few hours a week into making gold sales, i make a few dollars each week from flipping the gold using BTC -> Paypal.

I build reputation for almost free.

I scam quit with various trades at once, maybe earn 250m - 1B if im not a retard.

Sounds like a fucking great way to make money by exploiting the current system.

Exit scam:

Middleman a trade for 250m.

Buyer gives u the BTC.

Seller gives you 250m.

Maybe u do another trade at the same time, sounds like a scam quit payday.

Anyone can scam at any point though. There's not much you can do to stop it. If a person is going to scam they'll do it. It's just that most scammers won't make an effort into scamming so this drastically lowers the chance of scamming. 

25 minutes ago, k9thebeast said:

100+ feedback

400+ posts

1 year + on forums

active member of community

trusted (no scams in the last 3 years)

3 trades above 200$ value or something equivalent.

requires vote by moderator team, just cause you have all the requirements does not allow you to become one

Activity requirement (If not active on forums for 2 months will lose status)

PM Requirement:  should have skype conversations and receive pms from both players

discussion of fees, are they allowed or not, Must have users post on MM thread agreeing to the MM's TOS

So no scams in the last three years? That means I can scam and have to wait three years before I be a MM Here? Why add the three years part?

All feedback, post count, activity, Sponsor Rank/donators should be guidelines. They all contribute but most of it should all come down to who moderators deem trusted. Therefore if you do farm feedback/ post counts the mods are no way obliged to give you MM rank. As kevin was saying he's probably more trusted than a lot of donators/sponsors. Active and being in the CB is a big thing. It is a very big investment for a scammer to spend hundreds of hours in the CB seeming like a generally nice guy and farming feedback/postcount etc just to scam a hundred - several hundred mill in about 6-12months time

25 minutes ago, Final said:

If we can't decide a good way, they will make it into a monopoly and middlemen will charge substantial amounts because they are picked by the staff on a case by case decision and most likely, people will just outsource trades to sythe, then we have more off site issues and more 'resources' poured into disputes. Yada yada yada.

I'd rather have a monopoly of trusted users than a bunch of competitive scammers. 

24 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Agreed, competition is good. There needs to be a variety of MM so there is no monopoly. 

Have certain but strict requirements. Don't make it too easy. MM is not like every other forum rank. It shouldn't be treated like it is. 

21 minutes ago, DrDu said:

Sponsor/Donor literally means nothing at this point, they could just charge back the $100 on PP after the exit scams.

Paid ranks aren't an indication of trust and should never be to begin with, though. All it shows is that someone bought a rank on an online gaming forum. 

Just now, The Undefeated said:

Why not create different levels of middlemen?

Every rank has a certain limit of the transaction value, and you need x amounts of transactions in that level to level up higher so you can do higher value transactions and take fees for your services.

Good idea but I think it would overcomplicate things. 

• Decode locked this topic