Middlemen suggestions.

Decode

8 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Anyone can scam at any point though. There's not much you can do to stop it. If a person is going to scam they'll do it. It's just that most scammers won't make an effort into scamming so this drastically lowers the chance of scamming. 

So no scams in the last three years? That means I can scam and have to wait three years before I be a MM Here? Why add the three years part?

Well its either if you scam you can't MM or you wait a certain time period. Considering we have mods who have scammed in the past, I would prefer NOT to be the first one. So lets do the 2nd one.

25 minutes ago, Saiyan said:

FB Requirement Imo 100 seems fair? +-/25

Active i said deemed so, judged by staff i.e uses the forum maybe 2 hours a day? 

1K posts so they don't spam, 100 is too easy to get people spam that shit in a day, 500 can be done in a few weeks and if they spam to 1000 it'll be so obvious 

6 months time as in register date and active consecutively for 3 months (so people if they do scam the MM's it'll deter them from farming) 

So 100 FB to be a MM and 150 to be a VMM? Not much of a difference. Should update VMM at that point. 

4 minutes ago, k9thebeast said:

Well its either if you scam you can't MM or you wait a certain time period. Considering we have mods who have scammed in the past, I would prefer NOT to be the first one. So lets do the 2nd one.

First of all, mod doesn't mean anything. Every time I hear people say mods scam it just shows that they don't know much. A mod is a voluntary rank (usually) that kids take. There's no trust in it, just people made it out to be trust. Sponsor rank doesn't prove trust either but I'd trust a sponsor before a mod. 

27 minutes ago, Dard said:

I don't think an amount of posts/feedbacks or ranks would make any difference but if I'd put some requirements;

I'd put the requirements really high:

-Atleast a few feedbacks a week valued above 50-100$ total per week

-Be registered for 2+ years

-No past offenses

-Every application would be voted for by the staff team, including CBA's cause we are staff too :kappa:

Are cba being staff new or is that a troll? I don't know. 

And are you talking about mm or VMM?

Just now, The Undefeated said:

Why? It would be a pain in the ass to have some middleman asking $5 for a trade worth of $10.

A person with 50+ feedback should be able to middleman a $10 trade.

Cause half the people in the market place don't have the brain to comprehend ranks and different levels. 

Also, I see a lot of people on here don't even use MM in the first place and some of them end up getting scammed. 

Maybe add a thing to all threads in the market place that links to the MM section so people can be more aware of using a MM 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

First of all, mod doesn't mean anything. Every time I hear people say mods scam it just shows that they don't know much. A mod is a voluntary rank (usually) that kids take. There's no trust in it, just people made it out to be trust. Sponsor rank doesn't prove trust either but I'd trust a sponsor before a mod. 

Are cba being staff new or is that a troll? I don't know. 

And are you talking about mm or VMM?

a94f4df85203e0859dc3afa43358657b.png

Edited by Dard

6 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Christ ur salty. Are you saying that MM would be above Mod, in terms of trusted? Because it sounds like youre saying we shouldnt care if we allow mods who have scammed in the past to be mods, but we should care if MM's have scammed in the past. Not quite following ur logic....

Edited by k9thebeast

1 minute ago, k9thebeast said:

Christ ur salty. Are you saying that MM would be above Mod, in terms of trusted? Because it sounds like youre saying we shouldnt care if we allow mods who have scammed in the past to be mods, but we should care if MM's have scammed in the past. Not quite following ur logic....

Lets not derail this thread please. 

41 minutes ago, Butta said:

whats the point in a middleman rank then? 

nothing, people just have peanut brains and like to trade with dumb people

33 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Whats the ratio of sponsors scamming compared to grays/randoms though?
Paid ranks decreases the chance of scamming a lot. 

im not going to do the math bc paid ranks dont validate trustworthy-ness

14 minutes ago, Dard said:

bad meme

8 minutes ago, Juggles said:

I wouldn't really consider CBA that trusted tbh. 
When people like @Bamboozled have had the rank in the past, it doesn't mean much. 
Mods are the highest rank on the forums, I would say 

he didnt scam or anything so thats irrelevant

cba is not staff, bad meme 

1 hour ago, The Undefeated said:

Why? It would be a pain in the ass to have some middleman asking $5 for a trade worth of $10.

A person with 50+ feedback should be able to middleman a $10 trade.

Then become a MM to be the change. :p

1 hour ago, Dard said:

That's new. Glad to see you guys get noticed. :p

1 hour ago, k9thebeast said:

When did I say that about mods scamming?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Too long to just be a regular MM. Maybe VMM. 

Scripter and MM are totally different sets of ranks. 

Yes, I know they are.

However people who have scripter 2/3 rank (not excluding 1) have a clear devotion to the site?

What about a refundable scripter rank? Equvilent to the $100 donor; or whichever value; but if someone wants to decide they no longer want to do MM (can't without the proper rank) they can get a refund/50% refund of the rank they bought (special paid rank 100% devoted to being a MM)?

3 hours ago, Void said:

Yes, I know they are.

However people who have scripter 2/3 rank (not excluding 1) have a clear devotion to the site?

What about a refundable scripter rank? Equvilent to the $100 donor; or whichever value; but if someone wants to decide they no longer want to do MM (can't without the proper rank) they can get a refund/50% refund of the rank they bought (special paid rank 100% devoted to being a MM)?

I can't imagine many people not MM'ing for free.. Makes no sense to have to buy a paid rank to MM when the scammer could just chargeback after they scam and the legit MM'ers never buying it.

3 hours ago, Void said:

Yes, I know they are.

No. 

• Decode locked this topic