Middlemen suggestions.

Decode

Here's what I would like to see happen:

Requirements to be a middleman:

• Six month old forum account.
  • 50 unique feedbacks - multiple from the same person won't count.
  • No open scam report.

-----

Requirements to be a Verified Middleman:

• One year old forum account.
  • 250 unique feedbacks - 150 of which should be from middleman trades (75 transactions).
  • A forum rank - Sponsor/Donor.
  • No open scam reports and no scam reports stating that the user has scammed.
  • Proof of trades above a certain value - screenshots required as proof.
  • Acceptance by the general community as a trusted user worthy of the verified rank - can be staff only judgement but can have users who vouch separately for the users trust
  • Must not have a scam report where someone lost the dispute due to the middleman negligence nor a scam report due to the middleman not properly verifying themselves.

-----

To be a verified middleman, they should make a forum thread sort of like an application where people can vouch for their trust. This would also be an opportunity for anyone who would object to their verified status. This should be flexible and anyone can claim to have been scammed without needing concrete proof. I do understand that some people can fake this but this should be included as a lot of new people get scammed and don't have sufficient evidence as they're new and stupid. There should also be vote by staff to determine if they're worthy of the verified rank. The middleman should post screenshots of their trades showing that they know what they're doing and that they've been trusted with certain amounts.

So let me get this right real quick.

You think that middlemen should be elected on a case by case scenario, so that only those people may be allowed to middlemen trades and collect a fee.

If we don't have a criteria in place, the selection process will be bias.

The only reason why you give a shit as much as you do @RoomScape is because you are already in a position to start profiting from these trades.

Just like how you can select the person you want to buy gold, accounts, scripts from, you should be able to have a varied choice of middlemen, every aspect of trading is a risk, online and in real life, anything can happen by anyone; restricting people's choice to benefit a small portion of people is retarded.

It isn't helping the community, it's putting an individual/s in a higher power which means they can do more damage, if all middle-manned trades are being filtered through a very small amount of people ( 1 - 3), it means they have the control to scam quit on a whole new scale, massive trades and a lot of them at that.

You know which other tribotting forum tries to enforce this type of fuckery? You need to go elsewhere if you believe this is a beneficial system.

Edit: Roomscape sniped this post, I think anyone should be capable of 'middle manning', they should just have to grind their reputation in such a field just like any other service or salesman, however I think to obtain a rank of some kind we need a very solid set of guidelines which I included in my previous posts.

Edited by Final
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Here's what I would like to see happen:

Requirements to be a middleman:

• Six month old forum account.
  • 50 unique feedbacks - multiple from the same person won't count.
  • No open scam report.

-----

Requirements to be a Verified Middleman:

• One year old forum account.
  • 250 unique feedbacks - 150 of which should be from middleman trades (75 transactions).
  • A forum rank - Sponsor/Donor.
  • No open scam reports and no scam reports stating that the user has scammed.
  • Proof of trades above a certain value - screenshots required as proof.
  • Acceptance by the general community as a trusted user worthy of the verified rank - can be staff only judgement but can have users who vouch separately for the users trust
  • Must not have a scam report where someone lost the dispute due to the middleman negligence nor a scam report due to the middleman not properly verifying themselves.

-----

To be a verified middleman, they should make a forum thread sort of like an application where people can vouch for their trust. This would also be an opportunity for anyone who would object to their verified status. This should be flexible and anyone can claim to have been scammed without needing concrete proof. I do understand that some people can fake this but this should be included as a lot of new people get scammed and don't have sufficient evidence as they're new and stupid. There should also be vote by staff to determine if they're worthy of the verified rank. The middleman should post screenshots of their trades showing that they know what they're doing and that they've been trusted with certain amounts.

Okay let's do this but everyone starts new. No previous feedback, days on forums or anything else counts so everyone has a fair chance at this. 

As @Final, everything you proposed puts you in a perfect place to control the market and profit off MM fees 

3 minutes ago, Final said:

So let me get this right real quick.

You think that middlemen should be elected on a case by case scenario, so that only those people may be allowed to middlemen trades and collect a fee.

If we don't have a criteria in place, the selection process will be bias.

The only reason why you give a shit as much as you do @RoomScape is because you are already in a position to start profiting from these trades.

Just like how you can select the person you want to buy gold, accounts, scripts from, you should be able to have a varied choice of middlemen, every aspect of trading is a risk, online and in real life, anything can happen by anyone; restricting people's choice to benefit a small portion of people is retarded.

It isn't helping the community, it's putting an individual/s in a higher power which means they can do more damage, if all middle-manned trades are being filtered through a very small amount of people ( 1 - 3), it means they have the control to scam quit on a whole new scale, massive trades and a lot of them at that.

You know which other tribotting forum tries to enforce this type of fuckery? You need to go elsewhere if you believe this is a beneficial system.

A middleman is unlike everything you've mentioned.

Also, I would like you to find the last time I have charged someone to be their middleman. I've been a middleman since 2010 and I believe I've been free for about 6 out of those years. The entire time I've been on OSBot I've been a free middleman and verified middleman. Please try to at least know your facts before you shit some bs out of your mouth.

If you think I'm lying, please. Find me a time where I charged someone. I will send you $50 right now if you can prove it.

Lastly, I want this because this is best for the site. If you don't believe that then I'm sorry. There's not much else I can say to you at that point to dissuade you so I'll end it with that.

6 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Okay let's do this but everyone starts new. No previous feedback, days on forums or anything else counts so everyone has a fair chance at this. 

As @Final, everything you proposed puts you in a perfect place to control the market and profit off MM fees 

What I do is none of your business. Try worrying about yourself and what you should be doing instead of obsessing over what others may be doing.

I don't bother to care what others do. I do what I need to do to better myself. I don't look at what others do and try to complain about how they're making money or how they're doing something better than me. I do things to the best of my ability and that's it. I'm where I'm at because I do things without worrying about how others are and instead spend that wasted energy on my own business.

Also, there are other people with more feedback than me and with around the same middleman feedback.

Edit: Again, the same goes for you. If you believe I'm doing this to make money then I'm sorry. If that's the case, you should strive even harder to be a verified middleman so you can be a free verified middleman to save the entire forum from my wrath and expensive fees, right? Be the good guy. I don't mind being the bad guy.

Edited by RoomScape

4 minutes ago, Decode said:

Also, to put this general idea that @RoomScape is purely doing this for "his benefit". He really isn't a very active individual, if anything, this is just him looking out for the rest of the community. 

I'm an evil guy who is going to charge 15% for every trade I MM. If that's true and they hate me so much for it, shouldn't that encourage them to be a verified middleman faster so that they can be free for the benefit of the forum? :D

Just now, RoomScape said:

I'm an evil guy who is going to charge 15% for every trade I MM. If that's true and they hate me so much for it, shouldn't that encourage them to be a verified middleman faster so that they can be free for the benefit of the forum? :D

I'm not trying to sound rude, I thought the sole purpose of this was that you wanted to run a monopoly. I didnt know you had a free MM service.
I'm sorry, I was wrong. 

Just now, RoomScape said:

Please shut the fuck up l m a o

What you propose doesn't help the community at all, market freedom will always be superior than filtering trades through a small % of the community.

I'm looking out for the community, I have no other agenda within my suggestions, other than to lookout for the community, which you aren't doing a good job of.

3 minutes ago, Juggles said:

I'm not trying to sound rude, I thought the sole purpose of this was that you wanted to run a monopoly. I didnt know you had a free MM service.
I'm sorry, I was wrong. 

Ignorance is bliss. Try doing research before trying to talk shit. :p

2 minutes ago, Final said:

Please shut the fuck up l m a o

What you propose doesn't help the community at all, market freedom will always be superior than filtering trades through a small % of the community.

I'm looking out for the community, I have no other agenda within my suggestions, other than to lookout for the community, which you aren't doing a good job of.

I'm sure you are with your scripture rank, six feedbacks and one year old forum account.

7 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Ignorance is bliss. Try doing research before trying to talk shit. :p

I'm sure you are with your scripture rank, six feedbacks and one year old forum account.

You are an idiot if you think restrictions are beneficial to anyone. I don't give a crap about your intentions or agendas, it's incorrect to impose such strict restrictions because of a few individuals. If we applied the same logic to all services, we'd have only scripts available by select individuals such as the OsBot Developers or Czar and Khal. Doesn't make sense at all.

• Like 1

You are an idiot if you think restrictions are beneficial to anyone. I don't give a crap about your intentions or agendas, it's incorrect to impose such strict restrictions because of a few individuals. If we applied the same logic to all services, we'd have only scripts available by select individuals such as the OsBot Developers or Czar and Khal. Doesn't make sense at all.

You're a scripted and you're trying to think that a middleman is the same when it simply is not.

I could farm feedback and open up a gold shop if you think that'd make my point valid. Middle manning is a service.

Exactly, which is why I don't get why you're mad if I charge a fee for a SERVICE.

PS: Just to shut you up a little bit. I don't care about making a few gold pieces off of a middleman trade.

http://prntscr.com/f0phal

• Decode locked this topic