OSBot (Free)

Bank Rupt

I know i might cop hate for this post but it does need to be said, I know i'll get people that agree.

The amount of scripts that cost $2-10 and thats just to use that one script. If someone buys VIP they're also paying money to be able to use mirror, I understand paying for VIP for mirror etc, But what i don't understand is 1 Script Developer having multiple scripts that all cost, This is unfair on the community. I haven't been on here for long but almost every script i try find they're premium and have to be bought. 

I think this situation needs to be discussed and re-considered, It's a free bot but you have to pay for scripts not many people do enjoy that idea.

What's your POV?

You won't get anyone to agree. If all scripts were free, ban rates would go up. And script writers deserve to get paid for their work, anyway. If you want a free script, choose from the list of free ones. If not, learn to script and make your own. Also, mirror mode is only a BETA, available to VIP. If you don't have money to pay for the scripts, don't buy them. Just don't complain.

I mean I see your point and to some extent I agree... but as a guy with 3 free scripts and 2 premium scripts, I have found that I hear nothing but shit about my free scripts with people complainin about them and whining etc, but never hear a single thank you when it's working well. I don't feel like writing more free scripts if people just leech off them and complain when they don't work. The reason I have a few premium scripts is not only because I want money or recognition - the more people using a script, potentially the more dangerous it is. When you buy a premium script, you should expect timely updates, good maintenance and a lower userbase. I wouldn't touch a free script with a 10 foot pole

apa

Yea man I second this. Making free scripts in the past, people just love to bitch about them. The problem is that free scripts and premium scripts seem to target dofferent audiences, i.e.people who are too cheap to spend 5 or 10 bucks love to complain about how shit the free script is. As though it's our duty to provide free shit for leechers. we have absolutely no responsibility to provide free scripts to this community. Just because we are the ones capable of making scripts, we should provide for those who ate uncapable? I think not. For our service we expect service in return.

When you dump out free scripts you get nothing but a head ache of people complaining that it doesn't do this, it doesn't do that, it doesn't make my fucking bed for me in the morning, it doesn't do my homework for me.

/rant over

• Like 5

The price of a script doesn't only pay us (scripters).

Also the client has to be paid:

- Server

- Host

- Staff

If everything would be free, nothing of this woud exist.

I think the price of script are fairly low compared to other clients.

If I have to make all my script for free, I see no point in doing this anymore.

I work daily 9-11 hours at my job, then I come home, I eat and I get on skype/Osbot for the next 2-4 hours.

Not even mentioning weekends, where it could take up to 16 hours a day... 

I don't have much spare time left at the end of the day ... I consider it as my second job.

but why would I work such hours if I get nothing in return?

If my work would stop paying me, I'm like fuck this I'm out.

Hope you understand my POV.

Khaleesi

You're complaining about a small payment of $2-5 or whatever, I remember spending $20 for a script offsite (back when I used to hardcore bot, and didn't know OSbot) + $10 for VIP each month, half the time the script was not working and we never complained - We just asked time to time for an progression update and left it as that.

Let's just say:

You are a script writer, you have 50,000 users, 35,000 are running your woodcutter.

Your woodcutter has around 100 ids and over 50 fail-safes and many methods.

New update went live, all the 50,000 users came back and started botting again and complaining about a bug while it has been free (your script) for over a year and you didn't hear a single 'thank you' or even got a progession report.

Next step, you have to recollect ids, update the script, make it and free and wait till the next updates break the script.

What would be your feeling toward this?

I think you should reconsider your Point Of View.

At least, you should thank the developers for letting you run OSBot for unlimited time on 1 account if you're a normal user.

Conclusion: I don't support your POV, just learn Java and make your own scripts by learning and working with OSBot's current API or spend some money for some good quality scripts.

Best regards

UKF

Edited by UKF

How is this even a discussion. Do you know how many hours not only go into making a script but maintaining it constantly after updates and so on? Whilst people are constantly posting on your threads saying 'ITZ BROKEN REFUND PLS' scripters work hard and get little in comparison to what you do/should from using the script. At the end of the day not many people will write and maintain scripts for free, it is a source of income to some people.

If you want free scripts spend your free time writing your own then see if you want to release them for free, I'd bet a lot of money that you wouldn't.

• Like 1