Should 7 day memberships be allowed to be sold?

Naked

Should mobile memberships be allowed to be sold?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be allowed to be sold?

5 minutes ago, IDontEB said:

I would say Yes to this under the condition that it's already put onto level 3 accounts rather than doing it to other accounts or older accounts. People who might try to scam or clean someones bank would have a lower barrier to scamming if they were allowed to do other peoples accounts.

I'll play devil's advocate:

Justify account services with the same argument.

would this mean strictly selling pre-made accounts that come with 7 days of membership (which would be under the accounts section), or also would it also be possible to buy a 7 week membership on an existing account that would be given temporary access to somewhat like a service (but should most likely go under the membership section of the market)?

while i'd personally be mainly interested in the latter, both should be allowed as they aren't really different from already existing things on the market - pre-made accounts could be compared to tut accounts (or account sales in general), while applying on an existing account can be compared to a service request

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Correct me if I am wrong but couldn't you still buy 7 day membership with cracked credit cards?

My point is that just because Google Play Store allows for different payment methods doesn't mean people won't use stolen credit cards to pay for 7 day memberships and then sell them just like twitch prime :doge:

I still vote yes because I think the amount of people that will abuse this will be very minuscule but I like to look at both sides of the argument. Who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong.

You are right in that a cracked credit card could be used. It just doesn't make sense to do so imo

2 hours ago, Naked said:

I'll play devil's advocate:

Justify account services with the same argument.

I thought of that as well, but I justified it by considering the nature of humans to usually be lazy. For only 1m to add 7 days of membership, people would get lazy to remove their shit off the account and be more willing to take the risk. With services since you're usually paying quite a bit more and the service may take longer people may be more likely to remove their valuables for the service.

While my point won't apply for a majority of the cases since most people with leveled up account probably don't care enough to bother getting a one time 7 day membership for 1m, it still might be an issue at some point. Some other restriction to providing the 7 day membership can be used instead of just already leveled account though. Something similar to 100 post count to avoid random new users to scamming would also be a viable deterrent in my opinion.

1 hour ago, IDontEB said:

I thought of that as well, but I justified it by considering the nature of humans to usually be lazy. For only 1m to add 7 days of membership, people would get lazy to remove their shit off the account and be more willing to take the risk. With services since you're usually paying quite a bit more and the service may take longer people may be more likely to remove their valuables for the service.

While my point won't apply for a majority of the cases since most people with leveled up account probably don't care enough to bother getting a one time 7 day membership for 1m, it still might be an issue at some point. Some other restriction to providing the 7 day membership can be used instead of just already leveled account though. Something similar to 100 post count to avoid random new users to scamming would also be a viable deterrent in my opinion.

I see the market being 95% of 7 days being applied to fresh level 3s. I agree that a 100 post count may be beneficial, but I also think that of service providers.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Why wouldn't it make sense? The thief doesn't lose anything from the cracked cards and they gain everything from the sale of the membership? Maybe I'm missing something :doge:

Is it just too impractical to use cracked cards for this for some reason?

My thoughts were that a payment method can be used on multiple accounts without being flagged, so a handful could easily be in a rotation to make the accounts fairly safely. It doesn't make sense to go through the process of acquiring and testing cracked cards when you could make a few PayPals and rotate them. I assume everyone providing this would be doing it by hand, so cracked accounts would be overkill. 

Invite no due to people will be recovering these left and right. People buying mass p2p accounts are likely botting a farm. They will probably have 1m+ at least per acc in profit and they will be recovered to take this profit. 

Selling fresh level 3s is mostly to F2p farm and they have no wealth on them at all. 

But sure if you want to see some up coming disputes then go for it. Also people are going to crash the market to like 250k per account I bet.  

Good night and to all a great Flight!

25 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Invite no due to people will be recovering these left and right. People buying mass p2p accounts are likely botting a farm. They will probably have 1m+ at least per acc in profit and they will be recovered to take this profit. 

Selling fresh level 3s is mostly to F2p farm and they have no wealth on them at all. 

But sure if you want to see some up coming disputes then go for it. Also people are going to crash the market to like 250k per account I bet.  

Good night and to all a great Flight!

I have a few bones to pick with this:

1. The accounts could only be recovered once before the person is banned. This is why a requirement above (such as 100 post count) could be beneficial. Additionally, the person would not only have to put in the effort into adding 7 days to the accounts, but also recovering each one. All to get banned shortly afterwards. To maybe make a few mil per account. It doesn't make sense given the time invested. It'd make more sense to SQ on an account or service.
  2. I don't see the market crashing to 250k/acc. The automated solution is much too complicated and expensive at that price point, and the manual method is much too tedious.
  3. If someone fears a recovery, then they shouldn't use a non-reputable source. The rules of common sense don't change for a different account type. Furthermore, the membership of these accounts would run out before a recovery could be done in most cases, and I assume the majority of the accounts would be used to suicide bot anyways.