Reminder: Discord Scammers

Night

Hello OSBot,

Just a quick informal thread to remind you to always be wary of potential discord scammers. Today I received a discord PM from someone wanting to buy my account that is for sale. He didn't have an OSBot for me to PM him on, but he quickly made one, I pmd him confirmation I was speaking to him, and he then asked me to confirm his own Discord ID over OSBot PM. Sound sketchy? That's because it is.

Likely this guy had made another discord imitating my own, and was speaking to someone off-site buying a main account. He spoke to both the other person and I at the same time, and when the other person made an OSBot account he asked me to PM it to confirm. Had I not noticed the scam, likely he would have had the buyer send me the BTC, once that clears I would deliver the account to the scammer, who would now have the account, leaving the actual person paying to dispute me and the scammer gets off scot-free.

All that confusing BS aside, please take additional time to confirm who you're actually speaking with, and always be opening to using an OSBot Verified Middle Man. A few extra minutes can save a lot of money and headache.

• Like 2

I had a similar case, i'll assume the person had someone under my name contact him.

So easy just to be an honest person, why people cannot i'll never understand.

830a2cca0bcfda98660cda785760b7d6.png

2 minutes ago, Dbuffed said:

I had a similar case, i'll assume the person had someone under my name contact him.

So easy just to be an honest person, why people cannot i'll never understand.

830a2cca0bcfda98660cda785760b7d6.png

This is the same discord that added me and Decode, looking to buy accounts. He subscribed to Nitro starting a week ago, likely for easy discord Name/ID Changes for more scams.

3 minutes ago, Night said:

This is the same discord that added me and Decode, looking to buy accounts. He subscribed to Nitro starting a week ago, likely for easy discord Name/ID Changes for more scams.

Yup, correct.

71ff1c71846426298c924730bb52827e.png

"The Lion Den" I believe is owned by Chloe on Sythe.

16 minutes ago, Night said:

Hello OSBot,

Just a quick informal thread to remind you to always be wary of potential discord scammers. Today I received a discord PM from someone wanting to buy my account that is for sale. He didn't have an OSBot for me to PM him on, but he quickly made one, I pmd him confirmation I was speaking to him, and he then asked me to confirm his own Discord ID over OSBot PM. Sound sketchy? That's because it is.

Likely this guy had made another discord imitating my own, and was speaking to someone off-site buying a main account. He spoke to both the other person and I at the same time, and when the other person made an OSBot account he asked me to PM it to confirm. Had I not noticed the scam, likely he would have had the buyer send me the BTC, once that clears I would deliver the account to the scammer, who would now have the account, leaving the actual person paying to dispute me and the scammer gets off scot-free.

All that confusing BS aside, please take additional time to confirm who you're actually speaking with, and always be opening to using an OSBot Verified Middle Man. A few extra minutes can save a lot of money and headache.

In this case of scenario who would win a dispute? Since buyer himself did not do his homework and it is not your responsibility as a seller i'll take it?