Account Locked Immediately

Oarfish

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to scripting so be gentle. I bought a few proxies from Virmach and I'm trying to start a few characters for bots. Unfortunately, as soon as I get them off of tut island, my account gets locked saying "Account locked as we suspect it has been stolen. Press 'recover a locked account' on front page."

I can go to "forgot your password" and reset my password easily, but this has me worried the account is already flagged and it makes me question why it happened in the first place.

I made the account in a browser behind the same proxy I'm using to log in also.

What could be happening? Am I being sold flagged proxies? Is my OSBot using my default IP instead of the way I configured it to launch? Something else?

Thanks

Your mistake was buying a proxy off of a site that advertises RS, because even though a proxy may be private that doesn't mean it's clean. Any number of people could have used that same proxy and got banned on it before it was assigned to you. To almost guarantee a clean proxy you would need a "virgin" Socks5 proxy.

If you're concerned about the client not using the correct connection, here's a script you can use to check the IP the client is using, just check the logger for output:

Spoiler

package ipchecker;

import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.net.MalformedURLException;
import java.net.URL;
import org.osbot.rs07.script.Script;
import org.osbot.rs07.script.ScriptManifest;

@ScriptManifest(author = "", info = "", logo = "", name = "IP Checker", version = 0.1)
public class IPChecker extends Script {

public void onStart() {
        String ip = null;
        try {
            URL whatismyip = new URL("http://checkip.amazonaws.com");
            BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(whatismyip.openStream()));
            ip = in.readLine();
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

log(" ---------- Your IP Address is: " + ip + " ----------");

stop(false);
    }

@Override
    public int onLoop() throws InterruptedException {
        return 0;
    }

}

I can only concur with @Juggles here, it's pretty clear that your accounts were stolen.

Maybe consult your provider :). By that I mean your power company, might be using some budget sockets and they're over-throttling your wiring, pretty clear to Jagex that you're attempting to farm.

Edited by THS

The same thing happened to me with virmach, their proxies do not work for rs. And it's not just you and me I have seen at least 3 other forum posts on different sites about this happening with virmach proxies. I'm guessing their proxies change ips every now and then which might be good for web-browsing but not rs. 

You can create the account in one ip and made tutorial in other without problem...

Your account got locked because you logged in using one ip (probably to do tutorial) and changed this ip later to log in again fast (or not in some cases).

Is my OSBot using my default IP instead of the way I configured it to launch?

- Could be if you configured wrong... or you

Other things like accounts stoled, ip flagged, shit proxy, i never saw.... Allways when it happen is because i changed the ip, have no other reason. Usually is Proxy > Default ip or Default ip > Proxy.

Also never saw any of my accounts locked when i changed one Proxy to other proxy...

The account is already flagged ?

- No, it was just an automatic system that detects ip changes.

Edited by John Wick