considering professional help

Drewyboyo

leave if you're just gonna make retarded memes and shit like that im not looking for sympathy

hi i have really self destructive habits and harm and shit like that and i dont want to involve my mom with talking to a professional, are counselors and therapist of the sort actually worth talking to if anyone has experience and does anyone also have any experience with things like prescribed xanax and shit of the sort 

thx idk what to do and im gonna leave details out of it to not make it edgy and gay

xo

edit : i dont have any other community to turn to rly so thats why i posted this here xd

and can't really talk to highschool friends abt this

Edited by Drewyboyo
  • Sad 1

Try to stay off any drugs and alcohol if you do any of the sort. Get exercise, set goals, keep yourself busy. I'm kinda going through something of the same sort. Surround yourself with positive people. Experiment with music and get good sleep. Just some ways to get past feeling depressed, sad and angry.

Life sucks sometimes, but you're the only one who has the power to change that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drewyboyo said:

i literally go out 2 hours a day afterschool and eat lunch or see a movie

not gonna talk to you abt my sex life either on a fucking runescape forum

Get that stick out of your ass for starters. That's EXACTLY where you should be sharing your sex life, as nobody knows you or will ever know you here; especially if it helps you with the issue you're presenting here. And it does. Greatly. 

Seek a therapist that won't be just squeezing money out of you instead of actually helping you (some might do both). Recognize it when you talk to him/her, you should be smart enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Theminis said:

Get that stick out of your ass for starters. That's EXACTLY where you should be sharing your sex life, as nobody knows you or will ever know you here; especially if it helps you with the issue you're presenting here. And it does. Greatly. 

Seek a therapist that won't be just squeezing money out of you instead of actually helping you (some might do both). Recognize it when you talk to him/her, you should be smart enough.

i expect a sex life thread now 

• Boge 1

Seek help, your school may provide therapists that you can see during your school day (assuming you're in high school). Speak to your guidance counselor if you're interested and see what they offer. I saw one through highschool and I still keep in touch. Your health insurance should cover sessions. You may have to get a parent involved for this, but it's a good option to seek out.

And don't touch benzos, things like xanax and klonopin won't help you, they'll help you temporarily and you'll just become addicted and reliant on them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Drewyboyo said:

leave if you're just gonna make retarded memes and shit like that im not looking for sympathy

hi i have really self destructive habits and harm and shit like that and i dont want to involve my mom with talking to a professional, are counselors and therapist of the sort actually worth talking to if anyone has experience and does anyone also have any experience with things like prescribed xanax and shit of the sort 

thx idk what to do and im gonna leave details out of it to not make it edgy and gay

xo

edit : i dont have any other community to turn to rly so thats why i posted this here xd

and can't really talk to highschool friends abt this

I had the same thing, basically you want to work for something. Have something to wake up for that you value. A hobby, a girl, a sport. Something that makes you happy. TRAVELING (big one) I've seen girls I date not have this drive and it causes depression. I believe it's ultimately a process of finding yourself. Good luck.

Exactly what Anomaly said, you need to have something that keeps you going. Something to look forward to.

I had something like you, I literally hated my life, was doing shit at school, didn't have a job, nothing to do when i got out of school, ...

Since then I've met someone and she changed everything by making me look forward to stuff. And in my case it's also travelling.
I wasn't much of a traveller before but she really got me into it. 

As of now I have a trip with her planned to look forward to.

It took me forever to find her but it will happen. Just give it time and don't give up! <3

Edited by doemorustig

It sounds like an issue within your control, and you have a support network of friends and family. Unless you are being abused (if you are then get help), then try and find some hobbies that challenge you. Programming, carpentry, gardening, art, cars, etc. Being occupied will give you a sense of purpose, which is important for people that are still developing. If you tried or are still having issues after that, then I'd seek some professional help.

• Like 1