Best way to learn scripting?

Quality Scapers

Please first tackle down the basics of Java before taking a look at OSBot scripting. It'll really help you out if you first have some basic knowledge of Java :) Try looking into Java Head First Books, I believe you can download those somewhere.

Once you've got familiar with Java, take a look at the OSBot Scripting Tutorials Section :)

Edited by Eagle Scripts

21 minutes ago, Quality Scapers said:

So the title pretty much says it! What would be the best way to learn scripting with little to no prior knowledge? Books? Online programs? Thanks for any input!

Check open sources, try to rewrite some very easy scripts, like for example rewrite mining script into wcing or the other way around, everytime you write a new script, even just with little changes you will get better and better.... YOU DONT NEED JAVA KNOWLEDGE FOR BEING ABLE TO  WRITE SCRIPT. Scripting is basically sententional calculus.

Edited by mudrlantik

Code Academy -> Head First Java -> ->Master the basics ->Look at osbot sample scripts. It will make it so much simpler 

Just now, mudrlantik said:

Check open sources, try to rewrite some very easy scripts, like for example rewrite mining script into wcing or the other way around, everytime you write a new script, even just with little changes you will get better and better.... YOU DONT NEED JAVA KNOWLEDGE FOR BEING ABLE TO  WRITE SCRIPT.

You need the basics at least. People should know how to properly use brackets, booleans, ints, etc 

4 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Code Academy -> Head First Java -> ->Master the basics ->Look at osbot sample scripts. It will make it so much simpler 

You need the basics at least. People should know how to properly use brackets, booleans, ints, etc 

Yes thats true but you can figure it out by reading some really simple scripts,  for me its just like a puzzle, I know i can write scripts but I dont understand java, it depends some people need to take it slowly and read basics