What laptop should I buy?

Switzzz

16 minutes ago, Switzzz said:

Thinking about investing in one for school(mostly just writing papers n shit), but I'd also like to be able to play games on steam and run a small gold farm. Any suggestions?

Just do a lot of research, laptops can be great but they are just more expensive. Mine is ok I can bot on around 10ish clients

9 hours ago, Muffins said:

you shouldnt

step 1: build nice desktop

step 2: get semi-decent laptop/chromebook for school notes

step 3: spend same amt of $ and have better computer for at home/dorm. Ta-da.

The only reason I want a laptop is because I'll be moving around this year at least two times. I didn't want to deal with moving it and risk it being damaged. The more I consider though I will most likely do what you suggested since it does make more sense with my budget. My budget is around a grand or little more/little less for both.

Edited by Switzzz

8 hours ago, whipz said:

dont buy a laptop

every laptop is average;

defs dont buy an alienware they thermal throttle like a cunt

MSI laptops are decent tho, however recommend a 10 year old desktop over a brand new laptop

If he's looking for a computer for schoolwork a laptop is a must as it is portable and necessary 

1 hour ago, Switzzz said:

The only reason I want a laptop is because I'll be moving around this year at least two times. I didn't want to deal with moving it and risk it being damaged. The more I consider though I will most likely do what you suggested since it does make more sense with my budget. My budget is around a grand or little more/little less for both.

Ive dropped mine from my car and it was fine, if you keep it in the box there is little risk of damaging it unless you actually have a mental illness.  If you need a build done go ahead and skype me @muffinrs and ill get one made for you. I can keep the desktop around 650-700$ (depending on what games you will be playing) which leaves you 300-350$ for a mediocre laptop (which shouldnt be hard to find).

Yeah I definitely agree with the PC-build + decent laptop for class. You can get a nice Lenovo or ASUS (maybe) for under $400 and build a good PC for $600-700, depending on what graphics card and processor you want. I currently have an 4 year old ASUS laptop i7 processor 12gb ram, and it's been great, but still can't handle the best games due to integrated graphics, and when I upgrade I'll do as I previously stated.