All the best ways to walk and tips for walking.

roguehippo

so i am trying to make some of my own scripts and maybe upload them for people to use, but i feel like i need to update the way i walk. i currently use walking events which i think is pretty good, but i dont really know how to walk long distances or how to find out where my current position is compared to everything else to know what to do next.  so if anyone can give me any tips for walking through runescape long distances or better in general, that would be awesome!

Edited by roguehippo
  • Like 1

I usually wear some sort of athletic shoes. Personally I wear Brooke's, however I know Adidas makes some pretty good walking shoes. As far as inserts, I use gel. Go name brand with those, typically last a little longer. A bottle of water always comes in handy on those hot days when you're walking on asphalt. A headband, or two, usually does the trick when trying to keep my face clear of sweat. High-top white socks are a must. It has been proven that wearing these kind of socks increase you walking speed by 2 mph on average. Normally, notice how I say normally, I walk with one foot in front of the other. However, sometimes I can get a little carried away and stumble into my neighbor's driveway and accidently beat his daughter in a game of hopscotch. I hope my tips and tricks for walking come in use for you. Any questions, please let me know!

- PP

Edited by ProjectPact
  • Like 7

I usually wear some sort of athletic shoes. Personally I wear Brooke's, however I know Adidas makes some pretty good walking shoes. As far as inserts, I use gel. Go name brand with those, typically last a little longer. A bottle of water always comes in handy on those hot days when you're walking on asphalt. A headband, or two, usually does the trick when trying to keep my face clear of sweat. High-top white socks are a must. It has been proven that wearing these kind of socks increase you walking speed by 2 mph on average. Normally, notice how I say normally, I walk with one foot in front of the other. However, sometimes I can get a little carried away and stumble into my neighbor's driveway and accidently beat his daughter in a game of hopscotch. I hope my tips and tricks for walking come in use for you. Any questions, please let me know!

- PP

Thanks! see i was stuck on using non supporting shoes meant for Skateboarding.

You can use. 

walking.webWalk(Area);

or 

getWalking().walk(Area);

Both can walk far distances

would i have to create anything related to walking or webwalking or if i just put in an area it will walk to that area from anywhere

• Like 1

You can use webwalking, or predefined paths. I personally use predefined paths as they're probably more reliable and it's what i'm used to using. Besides I never really needed webwalking until recently

You can define a path as a list of positions.

List<Position> path = Arrays.asList(new Position(2668, 3636, 0),
			new Position(2312, 5232, 0), new Position(1232, 5123, 0),
			new Position(2351, 6654, 0));

You can then use the walking api to traverse this path:

walking.walkPath(path);

there we go :)

~Apa

• Like 1

The Walking class is just "front-end" API. It still calls the respective events (WalkingEvent and WebWalkEvent). 

If you're walking a short to moderate distance, WalkingEvent with a pre-defined works great. If you're walking medium to long distances, you may want to consider WebWalkEvent. If you're walking within the loaded region use WalkingEvent with just a position as the destinion; a path will be automatically created for you. 

• Like 2

The Walking class is just "front-end" API. It still calls the respective events (WalkingEvent and WebWalkEvent). 

If you're walking a short to moderate distance, WalkingEvent with a pre-defined works great. If you're walking medium to long distances, you may want to consider WebWalkEvent. If you're walking within the loaded region use WalkingEvent with just a position as the destinion; a path will be automatically created for you. 

okay yea i didnt know, but kinda guessed, that walking event works only in the loaded areas. and i think WebWalkEvent is exactly what i needed, ill try to implement it, but what does it take in? and do i have to create like a web or something for it to work?

You can use webwalking, or predefined paths. I personally use predefined paths as they're probably more reliable and it's what i'm used to using. Besides I never really needed webwalking until recently

You can define a path as a list of positions.

List<Position> path = Arrays.asList(new Position(2668, 3636, 0),
			new Position(2312, 5232, 0), new Position(1232, 5123, 0),
			new Position(2351, 6654, 0));

You can then use the walking api to traverse this path:

walking.walkPath(path);

there we go smile.png

~Apa

paths seem like a simple and efficient way to do things but im trying to make something that walks from anywhere to a certain spot and i dont think i would be able to do that.

• Like 1

okay yea i didnt know, but kinda guessed, that walking event works only in the loaded areas. and i think WebWalkEvent is exactly what i needed, ill try to implement it, but what does it take in? and do i have to create like a web or something for it to work?

paths seem like a simple and efficient way to do things but im trying to make something that walks from anywhere to a certain spot and i dont think i would be able to do that.

Generate a path with INodeRouteFinder, then add those positions to a list and you're done but you'd have to add object/npc/teleport interacting your own then.

Ah, sorry was unaware that is what you were trying to achieve"!

Its no problem i should have been more specific!

Generate a path with INodeRouteFinder, then add those positions to a list and you're done but you'd have to add object/npc/teleport interacting your own then.

ill have to look into iNodeRouteFinder, it shouldnt be too hard right?