SDN Suggestion

Genii

just because a lot of people have it doesnt mean it is the best working one.  users should be looking at reviews to buy scripts, not how many users have it.

It's helpful, it's not going to be the only reason people buy scripts lol? Would you buy a dog basket that was extremely popular or one that no one ever bought if the claimed to do the same thing? There's a reason items have more buyers than others...

This happened in a League of Legends bot that I worked on - scripts would be voted upon, and on the equivalent of the SDN, would be displayed according to the number of upvotes. However, when new scripts came out, they never had a chance because everyone just downloaded the most popular one (even if the newer one was of better quality). I think a possible solution to this is to have some sort of up vote system which is reset every month. However, it would have to be monitored pretty well to prevent vote manipulation (i.e. scripters requiring users to upvote in order to get a script trial, etc.). With this in mind, however, it might be more work than it's worth.

Edited by blm95

It's helpful, it's not going to be the only reason people buy scripts lol? Would you buy a dog basket that was extremely popular or one that no one ever bought if the claimed to do the same thing? There's a reason items have more buyers than others...

You'd be surprised in how just about everything in every field how many people buy things simply because more people use it. I'm guilty of this time to time.

Also I don't get this analogy. 

I'd rather the numbers be private, popularity sorting is fine enough, and then we could even do better without it. 

If we had a sorting system with ratings I'd feel we'd be much more sated in the drive to further promote the best scripts among our lovely scripters. 

Though that's not to say the same result wouldn't occur.

But a system where buyers can asses the script based on ratings and a review is better than a peak amount of users (Where some are inactive and don't use the script. or don't even use osbot anymore) & a review is better imo.

But this is also flawed where a script may come in contact with an update and break and someone gives a rating then.