My account hacked?

Nathan29526

So last night I was up kind of late and decided to bot range a bit. Well the next morning I closed my bot and achieved the range level I was going for. A few hours went passed and I decided I was going to play for a bit. I noticed that my character had been moved to edgeville and was no longer holding the d bow I was using to train range with. I immediately went to the bank and noticed that my 5m, dark bow, etc was gone. And here's the thing I only type my password and username on osbot and osbuddy that's it! Never ever have I used or told any1. Has this ever happened to any1?

Lol ik they didn't hack my account they make enuf money for themselves I just wondered wtf it could of been.. I buy gold every once inawhile from rs4golds. Hope it not possible to have key logger but last purchase I made from them has been month or so, so why would they do it now idk sorry for wasting people time I was just curious if any1 besides me has had this happen.

Lol ik they didn't hack my account they make enuf money for themselves I just wondered wtf it could of been.. I buy gold every once inawhile from rs4golds. Hope it not possible to have key logger but last purchase I made from them has been month or so, so why would they do it now idk sorry for wasting people time I was just curious if any1 besides me has had this happen.

Might wanna scan your computer for any viruses of malwars :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This public service announcement contains a short guide on the do's and don't of keeping your RuneScape account safe! Read carefully and follow the information provided for the best results in account security!

✓ Do's:

• Do: Check all Local Script threads for verification from a Trusted scripter stating clearly that the script is not malicious!
  • Do: Download Google Authenticator and set up the Application with your account on the Runescape.com Account settings portal.
  • Do: Make sure your account e-mail is verified through Runescape.com
  • Do: Whenever entering your password on ANY site, make sure the URL doesn't have anything "phishy" in it! (e.g. ""http://www.runescape.com.de" "http://www.runescape.com.ee/155.184.24.86/login.ws/portal"
  • Do: FREQUENTLY scan your computer for viruses, trojans, keyloggers, malware, adware, etc. Don't be lazy, it can save you a lot of trouble to take the 5 minutes to run the scan.

​​

X Do not's:

• Do not: Visit sites that you found on a Youtube video that some idiot was advertising at the grand exchange
  • Do not: Sign up for any website that promises you free gold
  • Do not: Enter your password on a website that does not contain and only contain "http://www.runescape.com" as the main url. AGAIN, BEWARE OF SUB DOMAINS.
  • Do not: Respond to e-mails from Jagex asking you to update your security information. E-mails should only be sent to you in regard to updating information if you requested a change.

FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES AND YOU'LL STAY GOLDEN, PONY BOY.

Edited by Paradox68

• Administrator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This public service announcement contains a short guide on the do's and don't of keeping your RuneScape account safe! Read carefully and follow the information provided for the best results in account security!

✓ Do's:

• Do: Check all Local Script threads for verification from a Trusted scripter stating clearly that the script is not malicious!
  • Do: Download Google Authenticator and set up the Application with your account on the Runescape.com Account settings portal.
  • Do: Make sure your account e-mail is verified through Runescape.com
  • Do: Whenever entering your password on ANY site, make sure the URL doesn't have anything "phishy" in it! (e.g. ""http://www.runescape.com.de" "http://www.runescape.com.ee/155.184.24.86/login.ws/portal"
  • Do: FREQUENTLY scan your computer for viruses, trojans, keyloggers, malware, adware, etc. Don't be lazy, it can save you a lot of trouble to take the 5 minutes to run the scan.

​​

X Do not's:

• Do not: Visit sites that you found on a Youtube video that some idiot was advertising at the grand exchange
  • Do not: Sign up for any website that promises you free gold
  • Do not: Enter your password on a website that does not contain and only contain "http://www.runescape.com" as the main url. AGAIN, BEWARE OF SUB DOMAINS.
  • Do not: Respond to e-mails from Jagex asking you to update your security information. E-mails should only be sent to you in regard to updating information if you requested a change.

FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES AND YOU'LL STAY GOLDEN, PONY BOY.

You clearly got phished, which means you entered an accounts pass on a fake runescape website. That is the reason none of your other accounts got stolen or scammed.