[Rant] Deposit Fees

LeBron

I mean I guess service owners could change the name. Does it really matter that much if it's changed though? The matter of the fact is we're still going to charge a non refundable deposit fee. It's business after all.

How about just calling it what it is? Many of the service threads I looked at just called it a "fee" which is fair because it's straight and upfront with you that you're paying to join their service. The threads that post it as a "deposit fee" are clearly attempting to use a ploy to trick you into thinking that you may get this money back at some point in time. 

No, you should not be able to use a service workers "deposit" as scam funds AFTER they leave the service. Just call it what it is, a "fee" and everyone will be happy knowing that they weren't cheated out of money in the end.

Edited by rsgodd

How about just calling it what it is? Many of the service threads I looked at just called it a "fee" which is fair because it's straight and upfront with you that you're paying to join their service. The threads that post it as a "deposit fee" are clearly attempting to use a ploy to trick you into thinking that you may get this money back at some point in time. 

No, you should not be able to use a service workers "deposit" as scam funds AFTER they leave the service. Just call it what it is, a "fee" and everyone will be happy.

it's cleared up in the TOS it's non refundable. Which if you read like you're supposed to people would know.

edit: which in my case I did not make that clear, if I offended anyone, I apologize. I will make the change.

Edited by Kami

it's cleared up in the TOS it's non refundable. Which if you read like you're supposed to people would know.

Not talking about you in particular as I have no clue what your own service entails. I've seen some of the big services post it as a "deposit" but then say you will not get the money back after you have made back that money through doing service for the "company." 

So basically it's a double charge..They get 10%(or however much) of all your services completed PLUS the deposit fee of 10m+. So you would need to work for a pretty good amount of time to actually make decent money from one of these services.

Edited by rsgodd

Not talking about you in particular as I have no clue what your own service entails. I've seen some of the big services post it as a "deposit" but then say you will not get the money back after you have made back that money through doing service for the "company." 

So basically it's a double charge..They get 10%(or however much) of all your services completed PLUS the deposit fee of 10m+. So you would need to work for a pretty good amount of time to actually make decent money from one of these services.

I take on all jobs listed in my signature. I'm a fair guy though, if let's say you were working for me and you left early because of recent events and or my service ended, I'd be willing to refund most if not all the deposit fee. Even though it's not listed in my TOS, it's just I feel that's fair. Also I take 5-10m deposit fees. Applicants are welcomed to choose what they would like to deposit.

I take on all jobs listed in my signature. I'm a fair guy though, if let's say you were working for me and you left early because of recent events and or my service ended, I'd be willing to refund most if not all the deposit fee. Even though it's not listed in my TOS, it's just I feel that's fair. Also I take 5-10m deposit fees. Applicants are welcomed to choose what they would like to deposit.

You see, you put 5-10M deposit, as in the applicant may choose. Even further confusing them about the term "deposit fee". Who in their right mind would pay 10M if they can pay 5M? I wouldnt mind depositing 20M, if it was a deposit. But if it's a fee I wouldn't pay a dime more than the minimum.

I do agree with you, it seems pretty screwed up that people keep the entrance/insurance fee, which is why personally upon leaving (declaring that also) they are paid back the full thing with me, which then i'm not responsible for them.

I used to charge deposit fees and it was 100% refunded when you left providing there were no scam reports.

But people chose to go with other services and pay a smaller fee and ended up getting scammed by certain people.

Pretty funny tbh.

But yeah, I never did like charging  fee's. I only did because I was responsible for any scams. I'd charge a fee and give it back when they left.

All of this could be avoided by taking on a service with a member who is already trusted, I wouldn't let anyone work with me who are less trusted than I am but if they are just as trusted as I then no deposit is needed only terms of service.