[Rant] Deposit Fees

LeBron

Srsly, what is up with people demanding "deposit fees" as a security when you start working for them, but if you work for them and then you want out, you don't get your deposit fee back because "you've already made more than that".

Can we just get this straightened out once and for all?

A DEPOSIT FEE IS A MEASURE OF SECURITY FOR THE "BOSS", ONCE THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT ANYMORE, IT WILL BE GIVEN BACK, IN FULL.

Imo, just like scripters aren't allowed to call their scripts "#1 Construction bot on OSBot, beats all the others by miles!", people shouldn't be allowed to call normal fees a deposit fee.

We need a rants section btw :)

• Like 2

You'd be wasting people's time if you're not committed to the service. Essentially, paying a deposit fee means that you agree with the service's ToS.

1) Paying a "deposit fee" (that you will never get back) is like working the first 10M for free.

2) Paying an actual deposit fee would mean you can work for months, and when you want out, you'll get your 10M deposit back as well.

Both options includes a 10M security blanket if the worker would scam/break ToS, however #1 doesnt give you your deposit back when you decide you want out because it's a FEE, not a deposit fee.

See the difference?

I do think deposit fee's are definitely important just in case a worker does scam. I feel if the worker is given no jobs and they decide to leave they are entitled to get all of the deposit back.

However if they do decide to leave after doing jobs then the service owner should be entitled to take 10% (Or whatever the agreed % per job completed they normally take is agreed to be) of their deposit as they have actually provided them with work.

Service owners shouldn't take a persons deposit just because they have "earn't more" than the service fee. The service fee is there to reimburse customers if they are ever scammed by a worker; workers who do what is asked then decide to leave should not be dealt with the same card if they do nothing wrong.

The only time a worker should not be reimbursed other than for scamming IMO is if they break the service owners T.O.S such as not replying for 3 days, or whatever the specific services T.O.S state.

• Like 2

It's also a safety measure in case somewhere down the line if a worker somehow scam like Basic's service did, Service owners like me wouldn't have to pay all of it from the scammer. Other wise service owners would have to pay all of it out of pocket.

Exactly, that is exactly what a deposit fee is used for! But, if your worker doesn't scam, break your ToS or do anything wrong, has been a dedicated worker and suddenly has lost interest and wants out, he should be given back his deposit fee. Otherwise it's not a deposit fee.

• Like 1

Exactly, that is exactly what a deposit fee is used for! But, if your worker doesn't scam, break your ToS or do anything wrong, has been a dedicated worker and suddenly has lost interest and wants out, he should be given back his deposit fee. Otherwise it's not a deposit fee.

In the Basic dispute it was a few days after the service was completed that the scam occurred. If service owners gave the deposit fee back when a worker wants out and the worker scammed. Service owners would be that much more in debt. 

• Like 1

In the Basic dispute it was a few days after the service was completed that the scam occurred. If service owners gave the deposit fee back when a worker wants out and the worker scammed. Service owners would be that much more in debt. 

That was a very special case because the customer couldn't change his password. If you're afraid of this happening - delay the refunds by a week or two or simply make sure his orders are completely finish with no chance of scamming.

There is such a thing as a non-refundable deposit fee. 

Yep, they're refered to as fees.

Honestly though most of us are on this forum to either bot, make money, or both. If you don't like a deposit fee, you're welcomed to make your own little business for a service. When I applied for the two services I joined I had to pay a deposit fee and I sucked it up and continued on. The people I was working for were always giving me constant jobs so I said to myself "I guess it's fair I paid the 5m deposit fee."

edit: and run the service yourself.

Edited by Kami

No

You're right. If I go to a car dealership and order a car I have to put down a small deposit. If I decide to back out, I won't be given back the deposit because it's to cover their costs - not the case in this instance though.

Honestly though most of us are on this forum to either bot, make money, or both. If you don't like a deposit fee, you're welcomed to make your own little business for a service. When I applied for the two services I joined I had to pay a deposit fee and I sucked it up and continued on. The people I was working for were always giving me constant jobs so I said to myself "I guess it's fair I paid the 5m deposit fee."

edit: and run the service yourself.

You can ask for a 100M fee if you want to as well, the only part I'm ranting about is you people calling it a DEPOSIT FEE when it's not. The 10% fee per order you're getting is for "getting work" from you, even though it's zero work for you since people come to you asking for services and not the other way around. But that's a diff subject, let's stick to this one.

Edited by LeBron

You're right. If I go to a car dealership and order a car I have to put down a small deposit. If I decide to back out, I won't be given back the deposit because it's to cover their costs - not the case in this instance though.

You can ask for a 100M fee if you want to as well, the only part I'm ranting about is you people calling it a DEPOSIT FEE when it's not.

I mean I guess service owners could change the name. Does it really matter that much if it's changed though? The matter of the fact is we're still going to charge a non refundable deposit fee. It's business after all.

Edited by Kami