SDN FAQ || Upload Times || Compile Times || General Cleanup

Extreme Scripts

As you all know with my recent promotion to SDN Manager I now have the privilege of working alongside @Alek & @Zach in keeping the SDN well managed. This thread is mainly aimed towards the SDN scripters or any of you who are aspiring to join them.

Below is a Q/A of things which I feel need to be addressed. 

Q: I've just placed an upload request, when will it be processed?

Upload requests will be done once daily usually around the evening (latest is 12am GMT). The aim is to try and keep top quality scripts on the SDN so if your script is not accepted from the get-go, please don't feel disheartened as we look to provide a set of high quality scripts for our users. They need to still comply with these rules: http://osbot.org/forum/forum-181/announcement-25-scriptscripter-rules/

Q: An update has been pushed and is awaiting approval, how long will it take?

Depending on how much time I have on my hands during the day, I will push SDN updates anywhere from 2-5 times. Although I cannot give specifics as to when compiles 2-4 will be, there will be two definite compile times: 

Compile 1: GMT: approx 9am || 1am PST || 4am EST

Compile 2: GMT: approx 12am || 4pm PST || 7pm EST

Q: Scripts that I used to use are no longer available, why?

I've been having a look through the scripts available on the SDN and there are some that seem to have been neglected in terms of their functionality, over the course of the next few weeks I will be pruning the scripts that are not functioning as they should and with that will come some demotions (if there is no other script associated with that scripter).

Q: I would like to keep up to date with the new scripts that become available, how can I follow this?

Every weekend (Friday) I will make a thread of all the scripts which have been released for the week and the corresponding promotions. Also included in this will be price changes of scripts as well as status changes i.e. (Free->Premium or vice versa).

Hopefully this will give everyone an insight of how things are going to be run and if there is anything I missed please let me know so I can cover it. 

I look forward to seeing what current/future scripters will produce happy.png

• Like 10

As you all know with my recent promotion to SDN Manager I now have the privilege of working alongside @Alek & @Zach in keeping the SDN well managed. This thread is mainly aimed towards the SDN scripters or any of you who are aspiring to join them.

Below is a Q/A of things which I feel need to be addressed. 

Q: I've just placed an upload request, when will it be processed?

Upload requests will be done once daily usually around the evening (latest is 12am GMT). The aim is to try and keep top quality scripts on the SDN so if your script is not accepted from the get-go, please don't feel disheartened as we look to provide a set of high quality scripts for our users. 

Q: An update has been pushed and is awaiting approval, how long will it take?

Depending on how much time I have on my hands during the day, I will push SDN updates anywhere from 2-5 times. Although I cannot give specifics as to when compiles 2-4 will be, there will be two definite compile times: 

Compile 1: GMT: approx 9am || 1am PST || 4am EST

Compile 2: GMT: approx 12am || 4pm PST || 7pm EST

Q: Scripts that I used to use are no longer available, why?

I've been having a look through the scripts available on the SDN and there are some that seem to have been neglected in terms of their functionality, over the course of the next few weeks I will be pruning the scripts that are not functioning as they should and with that will come some demotions (if there is no other script associated with that scripter).

Hopefully this will give everyone an insight of how things are going to be run and if there is anything I missed please let me know so I can cover it. 

I look forward to seeing what current/future scripters will produce happy.png

Will you be assessing scripts beased on the feeback from the forums or from running the script yourself

Clean up. I really like these progress reports you guys are posting biggrin.png

In terms of cleanup, I will start with the ones that haven't been compiled in a long while and then look through the corresponding thread to gauge whether or not it functions, if it doesn't I will contact the script writer asking him/her to update their script or it will remain hidden from the script selector till such time.

In terms of cleanup, I will start with the ones that haven't been compiled in a long while and then look through the corresponding thread to gauge whether or not it functions, if it doesn't I will contact the script writer asking him/her to update their script or it will remain hidden from the script selector till such time.

Sounds good :D thanks

• 3 weeks later...