Scripting Competition: Setup and Information

Mikasa

Yes of course, although their criteria will be a lot more stricter and judged more harshly there's nothing stopping you from entering happy.png

So an OSD can lose to an SDN scripter, even if their script is 10 times better, just because they don't live up to the code expectations of an OSD? That's absolutely retarded.

• Like 6

So an OSD can lose to an SDN scripter, even if their script is 10 times better, just because they don't live up to the code expectations of an OSD? That's absolutely retarded.

I agree so much. Everyone should be judged the same way. It would be retarded to have a decent script winning over a great script because the great script was made by an OSD and the decent script was made by SDN scripter

• Like 1

Gonna have to somewhat agree with this too. While it may demotivate inexperrienced scripters from joining if there are a lot of equally judged OSDs, judging according to rank would also be in conflict with getting a quality result and following the judging criteria from the OP.

Perhaps make 2 winners? With which a maximum of one can be OSD

• Like 2

• Administrator

I confirmed none of this, I didn't know about the two winners, nor the different judged events. Why the heck would a script competition have levels? You all enter, you are all judged on the same thing and the best script wins. It's that simple, there are no "well you're an osd so you are only awarded 2 points instead of 5". That is completely dumb and I will not support that at all.

Best script wins, no ranks come into place.

There will be 1 winner, the winner will be chosen with the point system, no one will be above or below any point system, no handicaps will be given. You are judged basically as a "No name" I would prefer the judges not see the code. 

• Like 6

Then how will they judge?

Surely all the judges wont be running every script until it fails?

The judges at the minute are myself, @Mysteryy and @Swizzbeat when he's available. Alek + Eric can also judge it if they want to but they have enough on their plates. Us 3 will be the only ones seeing the code, I think Mald made a typo.