The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

Not gonna argue with this. This man speaks the truth. Pathetic. I'd like a full recovery on ALL of my so called "life-time" scripts that I paid for.

Wait are you really asking for a full refund on scripts you have used for months and probably goldfarmed x100 your investement. To me you sound more like the pathetic one...

Not gonna argue with this. This man speaks the truth. Pathetic. I'd like a full recovery on ALL of my so called "life-time" scripts that I paid for.

I disagree with this. Maybe at a certain cut-off should refunds be given. But if you've used the script for at least lets say 3 months, then I don't think a refund should be called for. If you have had the script for a month or two, then yes... you should be refunded.

Try to get it out this time lol, I lost count of all the ETA's.

If it does this time though then it sounds promising.

Just don't screw this up again sleep.png

You are the one with minimal knowlegde of the source of OSBot's revenue lol.

No scripters = no scripts = no members = no VIP's.

Conclusion: No scripts = OSBot dies. So altough Sponsor/VIP brings them in the most, without scripts there would be completey nothing.

So he's right.

No, not quite, there will be plenty of scripts ready for the OSBot 2 SDN on launch. Scripters will always follow the money, and OSBot is arguably the most money with the least effort for scripters.

Edited by Eliot

Well this is not fair at all to the scripters... I'm not writing a new script for people to get it for free..

I really wish they informed us ONCE and CLEARLY what are the rules of this transition.

Because as you've said, I'm not spending my time REWRITING for free.

And yes, I've said rewriting. It'd be faster to actually write from scratch than "convert", based on my latest experiences. Debugging every single line to find out what's going on in a huge script...

Edited by Nitrousek

Well this is not fair at all to the scripters... I'm not writing a new script for people to get it for free..

I really wish they informed us ONCE and CLEARLY what are the rules of this transition.

Because as you've said, I'm not spending my time REWRITING for free.

And yes, I've said rewriting. It'd be faster to actually write from scratch than "convert", based on my latest experiences. Debugging every single line to find out what's going on in a huge script...

If you don't re-write it you will not earn any revenue from potential new customers who, from what I heard, have to pay monthly for every script now.

I'm sorry for the confusion here. I've talked to Laz, and he said that users of scripts which are converted will receive at most 30 days of free access (assuming a monthly paid model). The converted scripts will certainly not be handed out for free.

Essentially the scriptwriters and the customers are stuck in an awkward situation in which there is nothing that can be done to help the situation.

• Scriptwriters -> Have to put in numerous hours in order to receive steady income once again.
  • Customers -> Have to re-purchase every script they've purchased thus far.

It's sad to see, and hopefully something will be done to eliminate the collateral damage even though no other route seems available.

• Like 1

No, not quite, there will be plenty of scripts ready for the OSBot 2 SDN on launch. Scripters will always follow the money, and OSBot is arguably the most money with the least effort for scripters.

The question wasn't related to OSBot 2, but OSBot as a company.

That made your prior argument about the VIPs/sponsors invalid.

• Like 1

100% agree, it won't be like this, as eric just said. We can't do that to you guys.

What about deleting all of my purchased scripts with a total worth of $120, you can do that to us?

I purchased those scripts for a lifetime as promised, not untill osbot 2 comes out and rebuy it.

Such a waste of money, im sure if you guys announced this earlier people didnt even want osbot 2 to come out.

As runescape99 says: If you don't re-write it you will not earn any revenue from potential new customers who, from what I heard, have to pay monthly for every script now. Script writers do, in this way, take advantage on rewriting their scripts.

If script writers really want to be paid then osbot should pay the bills, im not going to spend any more money on rebuying things i already got and which works perfectly on a stable osbot 1 client.

Trust me, once everything comes true people will start asking why their scripts got deleted and this community will lose costumers

Edited by Mojito
  • Like 1

Trust me, once everything comes true people will start asking why their scripts got deleted and this community will lose costumers

This.

Also, please take into account that not all converted scripts will be 'flawless' as the ones I have right now, so as a customer of OSBot I will have to;

1) Buy all my scripts again

2) Wait for scripters to make them flawless (it's now exam period this can take up to weeks lol)

Of course scripters will support this, who would not want more money?

Of course customers will be against this? Who wants to re-purchase something they have already bought?

Kind of dissapointed that the people in charge could not come up with a suitable solution.

Why would you put yourself in a predicament to either dissapoint/lose customers/staff? (staff in this context being scripters)

It's a lose lose situation, this whole OSB 2 thing has been VERY poor. I've been against it since day one.

Why couldn't we just stay with the current bot, and build on that making continuous improvements? 

Don't forget how the ETA was like 6 months ago lol.

• Like 2