The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

I do understand that an osbot 1 script and an osbot 2 script aren't the same and osbot 2 has a different API and shit.

You want to compare it with Microsoft? Im fine.

Microsoft has developed Windows 8 when Windows XP was actually running fine by most of the people. Does Microsoft force you yo use Windows 8 instead of Windows XP? Does Microsoft force people not to use Windows XP anymore and make them pay $120? Absolutely not. Some people were happy with the old operating system and so Microsoft didnt force them to switch over and let them pay.

Now does osbot come with a new client and force the costumers to switch over from client, even if the old client was allright for costumers? Yes the do.

It doesnt matter if there is a lifetime payment label on it, but when people pay for something like Windows XP without that label, they can assume Microsoft wont take it away. Not because microsoft doesnt have the right to do that, but microsoft cares about their costumers and wont take anything away which they already bought.

Imagine your windows 8 will be deleted of your computer, and you will be forced to buy windows 9 for $120, then woud you be happy with a 30-day trial? Im sure 99% won't

I can assure you, microsoft doesn't care about their customers, only that they use windows over ios

@ mojito, no

Microsoft is one of the most valuable businesses of the the whole entire world.

Bill Gates can afford a different strategy than ours because of the value of his company.

If I had made 78 billion dollars from my scripts I wouldn't be complaining about the market either.

So if you earned enough money you woud provide us a free copy of an osbot 2 script, if not you will let the developers make us rebuy everything? Such egoism.

Maybe it would be an idea to stop thinking only about yourself. Its not about the money gained or any strategy, its about taking away a product (which worked absolutely fine) from your customers, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Mojito

So if you earned enough money you woud provide us a free copy of an osbot 2 script, if not you will let the developers make us rebuy everything? Such egoism.

Maybe it would be an idea to stop thinking only about yourself. Its not about the money gained or any strategy, its about taking away a product (which worked absolutely fine) from your customers, which is ridiculous.

You break a plate in your kitchen, you go out you buy a new one

cause -> effect.

Cause: New bot client. Effect: Write new scripts

Unless you propose you get the new plate free? because unless there was a guarentee on it (which in this case there isn't) thats just not the way the world works

You break a plate in your kitchen, you go out you buy a new one

cause -> effect.

Cause: New bot client. Effect: Write new scripts

Unless you propose you get the new plate free? because unless there was a guarentee on it (which in this case there isn't) thats just not the way the world works

I'm sorry dude but this argument is just bullshit. In that case it's my own fault to break a plate and i will buy a new one because it was my own fault and i NEED a new one. 

In the case of osbot we don't need a new one and we are getting forced to pay, even if the plate wasn't broken at all (the client worked fine for US).

Anyway, i'm gonna quit this discussion, it's leading to nowhere and i feel like we won't agree anyway. Of course scriptwriters like this decision as they will get lots of more money than before.

I think i have made my point and i don't care if u agree with it or not. But trust me, osbot will lose costumers with this when all people find out their scripts have been removed. I wish the community good luck at june the 16th, i am sure a lot of people will be against this release.

Edited by Mojito

I do understand that an osbot 1 script and an osbot 2 script aren't the same and osbot 2 has a different API and shit.

You want to compare it with Microsoft? Im fine.

Microsoft has developed Windows 8 when Windows XP was actually running fine by most of the people. Does Microsoft force you yo use Windows 8 instead of Windows XP? Does Microsoft force people not to use Windows XP anymore and make them pay $120? Absolutely not. Some people were happy with the old operating system and so Microsoft didnt force them to switch over and let them pay.

Now does osbot come with a new client and force the costumers to switch over from client, even if the old client was allright for costumers? Yes the do.

It doesnt matter if there is a lifetime payment label on it, but when people pay for something like Windows XP without that label, they can assume Microsoft wont take it away. Not because microsoft doesnt have the right to do that, but microsoft cares about their costumers and wont take anything away which they already bought.

Imagine your windows 8 will be deleted of your computer, and you will be forced to buy windows 9 for $120, then woud you be happy with a 30-day trial? Im sure 99% won't

You forget windows xp has no support any more like osbot 1 will not have anymore in a couple of weeks. Like with windows xp alot of application don't support it anymore and microsoft don't update windows xp to work with them. So everything you just said is false

• Like 1

You forget windows xp has no support any more like osbot 1 will not have anymore in a couple of weeks. Like with windows xp alot of application don't support it anymore and microsoft don't update windows xp to work with them. So everything you just said is false

I still got a laptop running fine on windows XP. They indeed don't provide any more updates, but it still works and microsoft gives an option to buy a new operating system, they don't force you.

So everything i said was false? No way.

I still got a laptop running fine on windows XP. They indeed don't provide any more updates, but it still works and microsoft gives an option to buy a new operating system, they don't force you.

So everything i said was false? No way.

so what your trying to say is, that we should support both bots. I mean just like you said Microsoft still has there old version working. But they arent updating it anymore. You see the deiffence between the two is that. Mircosoft old version wont break if they dont update it. But then again if we dont update are client, the client will break because of a jagex update. You have to remeber that we only have 3 devs, which are busy with irl stuff. So it isnt like we can support two bots.

Edited by josedpay

so what your trying to say is, that we should support both bots. I mean just like you said Microsoft still has there old version working. But they arent updating it anymore. You see the deiffence between the two is that. Mircosoft old version wont break if they dont update it. But then again if we dont update are client, the client will break because of a jagex update. You have to remeber that we only have 3 devs, which are busy with irl stuff. So it isnt like we can support two bots.

That would be a solution, but if they fully want to switch over they should come with something else i think. The difference is Microsoft can indeed support two different versions so they don't have to force their costumers to buy their newest product, they offer it instead. In this way they don't have to force people to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a new operating system they actually didn't ask for. Osbot in this case isn't capable of doing this, and in my opinion they should come with another solution (refunds or anything else), instead of letting us pay the bill.

Edited by Mojito