The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

Don't get me wrong, but why not just getting a working osbot 1 script emulator, delete the osbot 1 client, and make the rest of the coming payments a monthly fee?

Not that i really follow this discussion with personal attacks etc etc (don't want to waste my time), but in my point of view it would solve problems like:

1. People don't have to rebuy the one-time-fee scripts. I'm sorry, but unfortunately i stuck at osbot 1 as i am not going to spend like $70 again to be using my script which i already bought.

2. Script writers will be forced to transfer their scripts. If they won't it's their own choise, but the rest of their payments will contain a montly fee they will even earn money with

3. Costumers will actually be happy for osbot 2 coming out, as they can use the awesome new client with their already paid scripts.

I'm sticking with OSBot 1 as well because I don't want to rebuy shit as well but the problem is it's only going to be supported for like 2 months.. :( oh well.

• Like 1

I'm sticking with OSBot 1 as well because I don't want to rebuy shit as well but the problem is it's only going to be supported for like 2 months.. :( oh well.

Wtf, so you are saying that all scripts i bought for a total wealth of $70-$80 will become unusable?

You got to be kidding me, that's like a great rip-off

For the people arguing that writers should be forced to port over our scripts, is honestly the stupidest thing I ever read...

That's like saying if I have the same script on multiple clients, you deserve access to them all since you bought one already.

When I wrote my scripts, I used the OSBot1 API, not OSBot2... I would of understood if they had made a major change to our original API, though they chose to use a new one all together, making somethings that were once easy, impossible to do now. Almost the same feeling you get when trying another clients API, trying to port something, it's doesn't always work. Honestly about 45% of my private collection of snippets, and recreation of the OSBot1 API, has now outdated and am unable to rewrite due to the change in API.

For example:

• Mouse method are now made final, blocking any chance of overriding them for use of custom controllers. GF Mouse Algorithms.
  • You are no longer able to instantiate items, and when trying to use the legacy import, it has been depreciated. GF Inventory Monitor.
  • Don't even get me started on the changes made to walking. GF Walking snippets.
  • Banking is now reworked, and am getting nothing but errors trying to port over my custom Banking API. GF 5 days of work.

Yea it does have some improvements, but it feels like a completely new API just with a similar naming convention to OSBot.

Those are just to name a few of the major parts of my scripts for OSBot1 that are now broken with OSBot2. So literally it is almost impossible to recreate my scripts for OSBot1 using the OSBot2 API, they would need be completely rewritten, and would result in a completely different functioning script. So I don't see why users who bought OSBot 1 scripts, should get what would be a completely new script, in terms of functionality, and code, just with the original name.

It's almost as if our users feels entitled to tell us what we can and cannot do with our work. If you think it is so easy to port something over, especially when your dealing with scripts that are 10k+ lines long and directly manipulating the OSBot client, by all means be my guest, I wouldn't mind some more competition.

• Like 3

For the people arguing that writers should be forced to port over our scripts, is honestly the stupidest thing I ever read...

That's like saying if I have the same script on multiple clients, you deserve access to them all since you bought one already.

When I wrote my scripts, I used the OSBot1 API, not OSBot2... I would of understood if they had made a major change to our original API, though they chose to use a new one all together, making somethings that were once easy, impossible to do now. Almost the same feeling you get when trying another clients API, trying to port something, it's doesn't always work. Honestly about 45% of my private collection of snippets, and recreation of the OSBot1 API, has now outdated and am unable to rewrite due to the change in API.

For example:

• Mouse method are now made final, blocking any chance of overriding them for use of custom controllers. GF Mouse Algorithms.
  • You are no longer able to instantiate items, and when trying to use the legacy import, it has been depreciated. GF Inventory Monitor.
  • Don't even get me started on the changes made to walking. GF Walking snippets.
  • Banking is now reworked, and am getting nothing but errors trying to port over my custom Banking API. GF 5 days of work.

Yea it does have some improvements, but it feels like a completely new API just with a similar naming convention to OSBot.

Those are just to name a few of the major parts of my scripts for OSBot1 that are now broken with OSBot2. So literally it is almost impossible to recreate my scripts for OSBot1 using the OSBot2 API, they would need be completely rewritten, and would result in a completely different functioning script. So I don't see why users who bought OSBot 1 scripts, should get what would be a completely new script, in terms of functionality, and code, just with the original name.

It's almost as if our users feels entitled to tell us what we can and cannot do with our work. If you think it is so easy to port something over, especially when your dealing with scripts that are 10k+ lines long and directly manipulating the OSBot client, by all means be my guest, I wouldn't mind some more competition.

You can still use custom mouse.

bot.getMouseEventHandler().generateBotMouseEvent(503,System.currentTimeMillis(),0,aPath.x,aPath.y,0,false,0,true);
  • Like 1

For example:

And this is why I don't understand why the emulator doesn't port it over like it was designed to, what's the point of the emulator if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do :s

• Like 5

As was stated by Notori earlier, we're working with a new client, so therefore the scripts on the market are considered osbot 2 script rather than osbot 1 scripts. This means the only similarity between them is the name, which may well change as well. If you bought a climbing boots buyer script here for osbot 1, does that make you feel like you should own the climbing boot buyers on say T*bot  as well? Because we're dealing with a new client here. OSB2 =/= OSB1. New client, new scripts, new market, new API. Only thing thats stayed the same is the word 'OSBot' in the name.

For example:

I do understand you guys got a lot of work on rewriting your scripts, but i dont understand why those old scripts will be thrown away and WE will be forced to pay again for a script which was for lifetime in the first place. Doesnt that sound rediculous to you? Edited by Mojito

I do understand you guys got a lot of work on rewriting your scripts, but i dont understand why those old scripts will be thrown away and WE will be forced to pay again for a script which was for lifetime in the first place. Doesnt that sound rediculous to you?

That isn't our choice, most of the scripters were against the release and work on osbot 2 and wanted to keep osbot 1 as the main client. Now we are forced to do alot of work (porting,scripting) without any return and the customers will have to pay again. Don't bash on the scripters, in the end this whole thing is coming from the stuborness of some developers that wanted that osbot 2 really became a thing (if the same time that was invested in osbot 2 was invested in osbot 1 the client would be equally good)

• Like 1

That isn't our choice, most of the scripters were against the release and work on osbot 2 and wanted to keep osbot 1 as the main client. Now we are forced to do alot of work (porting,scripting) without any return and the customers will have to pay again. Don't bash on the scripters, in the end this whole thing is coming from the stuborness of some developers that wanted that osbot 2 really became a thing (if the same time that was invested in osbot 2 was invested in osbot 1 the client would be equally good)

Don't get me wrong, but i don't blame the scripters on this. Beside that I actually think the scripters do take advantage of the fact that all further payments will be monthly in osbot 2. In this way you will get paid for your monthly hard work.

The part i just don't understand (from the costumers point of view) is that all one time payment scripts are being thrown away. I got 15 one-time-fee scripts which i all use in a month. So with an average of like $8 per scripts, my worth of $120 on script will be thrown away this month. Again i don't blame the scripters on this, but i think osbot should get us a working osbot 1 script emulator, or come with another solution. In my point of view you can't force anyone to repay a one-time-fee script, and you can't force anyone to rewrite an entire script without any great benifits. In my opinion osbot should pay the price.

I was really looking forward to osbot 2, but now actually the "Great Transistion Forward" results into quite a big loss for me.

Edited by Mojito
  • Like 1

I do understand you guys got a lot of work on rewriting your scripts, but i dont understand why those old scripts will be thrown away and WE will be forced to pay again for a script which was for lifetime in the first place. Doesnt that sound rediculous to you?

Oh trust me, it's does sound ridiculous to me too.

Just both of us have two major issues though:

You: Lose all your one-time scripts.

Me: I lose all my income from OSBot (Yes I do need it.) If I don't either port mine, or write new ones.

Honestly this entire situation is between a rock and a hard place right now.

• Like 3

Well the problem seen here is pretty much un-fixable considering the developers will do what they want. You see, there are a few things working in their favor, and they are in place specifically to benefit the company itself while overall damaging the customers -

1. Developers make a monthly payment for scriptwriters in OSBot 2 -> They make more money on a consistent basis, and so do the scriptwriters

2. Developers make scriptwriters port over scripts, and make OSBot 1 scripts useless -> They make more money from re-purchases

Results -

1. Developers make more money than before.

2. Scriptwriters make more money after they invest time into porting over scripts.

3. Customers within OSBot suffer from losing a so called - "life-time" subscription due to the same company creating an alternate tool.

Note: Please keep in mind I am just stating what is happening, and am in no way trying to start debates/arguments.

Edit: Fixed some grammatical mistakes.

Edited by Smart
  • Like 1

Well the problem seen here is pretty much un-fixable considering the developers will do what they want. You see, there are a few things working in their favor, and they are in place specifically to benefit the company itself while overall damaging the customers -

1. Developers make a monthly payment for scriptwriters in OSBot 2 -> They make more money on a consistent basis, and so do the scriptwriters

2. Developers make scriptwriters port over scripts, and make OSBot 1 scripts useless -> They make more money from re-purchases

Results -

1. Developers make more money than before.

2. Scriptwriters make more money after they invest time into porting over scripts.

3. Customers within OSBot suffer from losing a so called - "life-time" subscription due to the same company creating an alternate tool.

Note: Please keep in mind I am just stating what is happening, and am in no way trying to start debates/arguments.

Edit: Fixed some grammatical mistakes.

Not gonna argue with this. This man speaks the truth. Pathetic. I'd like a full recovery on ALL of my so called "life-time" scripts that I paid for.

Edited by LeBron
  • Like 3

Try to get it out this time lol, I lost count of all the ETA's.

If it does this time though then it sounds promising.

Just don't screw this up again -_-

You obviously have minimal knowledge of the source in which OSBot derives revenue. Sponor/VIP sales accounts for a huge portion of the sites income. Keep in mind OSBot only gets 30% - fees of each script sale.

As of right now, it does not seem monthly rates will be mandatory, though this is subject to change.

You are the one with minimal knowlegde of the source of OSBot's revenue lol.

No scripters = no scripts = no members = no VIP's.

Conclusion: No scripts = OSBot dies. So altough Sponsor/VIP brings them in the most, without scripts there would be completey nothing.

So he's right.

• Like 2