Raflesia Demotion

Maldesto

I don't know exactly, but it looks like they will maintain OSBot 1 for a month or two after OSBot 2 is released fully functional and disable the store, but the scripts/client will need to be maintained for 1/2 months for the users who bought the scripts. Hopefully they can get the OSBot 1 scripts working on OSBot 2. If that happens it will just be a simple transfer. At the beginning though it seems people are going to write new scripts, we already have a few writers working on some.

So to be certain, The scripts that i have purchased and have a subscription will be taken over to osbot 2? or will I have to re-purchase the scripts on osbot2? 

It's a shame, I was getting used to a better managed SDN.

Really? You want to take a shot at me?

1. Raflesia doesn't proofread potentially malicious code, therefore members could have been compromised while he was helping manage it.

2. I've been on a continuous, reliable schedule since I've been a script manager (what is it, 7-8 months now?). Script Updates every 24-48 hours, SDN Upload Requests on the weekend.

3. I was the only one to keep some sort of elitism with Official Script Developer. Now people who don't even know how to write conditional methods can get the rank.

4. Raflesia got a lot of support because he's a nice guy. With that said, he had no problem accepting any script that requested to be put on the SDN. See, I've been doing this job a while and I can tell when a script is going to be a flop or success. Timmy's AIO Boot Collector and Cow Killer combo with a 180x180 made in paint is not going to last long, and people are going to be requesting refunds.

5. Let's count all the times I've quit my position and joined another community. Zero. 

Since you're new here let's explore what it was like before you started "scripting" here. All SDN Upload requests required them to be tested. You would take your script, submit a request, Raflesia would put it into a private testing area. Here your script would die for about 3 weeks while testers would crash your money making method. This will be the second time I'll be cleaning up someone's else's (ironically the same person's) crap from when they leave the community.

In direct response to "I was getting used to a better managed SDN":

Sometimes I wish I had OSD's that knew how to write code.

• Like 16

On top of that - Alek would also post threads showing the weekly uploads, promotions and demotions. Thus helping us all with script sales(Especially newcomers). To say he's anything less than good if not great is just plain stupid.

Have you seen the procedures he goes through when handling broken scripts and refunds for those scripts? If not then I suggest you do. He values customers AND scripters, thus a true professional.

OT: Sad to see Raflesia go, he was a real nice guy who'd chat with me every now and then, goodluck with the other community buddy

• Like 1

Really? You want to take a shot at me?

1. Raflesia doesn't proofread potentially malicious code, therefore members could have been compromised while he was helping manage it.

2. I've been on a continuous, reliable schedule since I've been a script manager (what is it, 7-8 months now?). Script Updates every 24-48 hours, SDN Upload Requests on the weekend.

3. I was the only one to keep some sort of elitism with Official Script Developer. Now people who don't even know how to write conditional methods can get the rank.

4. Raflesia got a lot of support because he's a nice guy. With that said, he had no problem accepting any script that requested to be put on the SDN. See, I've been doing this job a while and I can tell when a script is going to be a flop or success. Timmy's AIO Boot Collector and Cow Killer combo with a 180x180 made in paint is not going to last long, and people are going to be requesting refunds.

5. Let's count all the times I've quit my position and joined another community. Zero.

Since you're new here let's explore what it was like before you started "scripting" here. All SDN Upload requests required them to be tested. You would take your script, submit a request, Raflesia would put it into a private testing area. Here your script would die for about 3 weeks while testers would crash your money making method. This will be the second time I'll be cleaning up someone's else's (ironically the same person's) crap from when they leave the community.

In direct response to "I was getting used to a better managed SDN":

Couldn't agree more, Alek has always kept his schedule even when facing tough times irl. I remember when I first started uploading to the SDN my first request wasn't accepted for 2-3 weeks as he always told me what to improve before presenting it to the end-users. This is what the SDN should have been like throughout the time Raflesia was here but instead uploading scripts became as easy as having it on the local section.

Now that Raflesia is gone and Alek is in full control again I believe we will see a more well managed SDN with not premiums being upload every 2-3 days for methods of which there are x100 scripts already.

You're doing a great job Alek, you've always been professional in handling yourself and the situations you deal with. We appreciate it greatly ^_^

• Like 1