SDN Scripter Name Color

Nezz

Support. The whole reason people are here, buy VIP/Sponsor/Donator ranks, and give the staff team a forum to manage is because of 1) the developers and 2) the scripters who make scripts. I find it pathetic how you can get a colored name for being here awhile, but yet people who actually contribute to the client get nothing. It's just a colored name and there's no added benefits, so I don't see the problem with a little name color.

If the whole issue is that it's easy to get the rank and people are just going to have it added and then removed a week later, just implement the old "Trial Scripter" rank back. This should be for people who have had an SDN script(s) out for over a month and have shown they can at least maintain updates, or at least a similar requirement.

@@Maldesto if I remember correctly back when you first became admin you were actually FOR SDN Scripters getting the colored name (or maybe it was 5uck?).

Edited by Swizzbeat
  • Like 3

Veteran should only get a userbar and not a colored name imo since they didn't do much vs SDN Scripter?

like youd have to code a script to get SDN scripter userbar and get it on SDN but all you get is a userbar while veteran is if you registered a long time and have 500+ other posts and other reqs youve posted saying be helpful etc deservers a colored name?

I think SDN scripter should get colored name since they do more work than a person who has veteran rank.

Veterans deserve a lot more than you think. There's only like 5 veterans who still logon more than once a week. I'm not sure about the other ones but I've done a lot here to deserve just that colour. 

That means we will be giving out this rank and random color to any new comers who make a script and will have to remove it in a week, sorry it won't happen.

Why should someone like this get a colored name, http://osbot.org/forum/topic/35960-500khr-aio-karambwan-buyer-and-cooker-premium-antiban-aio/. He just released the script on Feb 2nd, and already requested it be removed.

Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't see the difference between removing just the pip and removing both pip and name color.

Do they keep the SDN Scripter rank even after their scripts are removed?

The only thing you're preventing is an easy way of recognizing scripters. I don't like that for someone to know I'm a scripter, they have to find a post of mine on the forums. (Or find a script of mine)

If they request to have it removed, then take away the colored name and pip.

Don't punish all of us just because there are a few bad people. <3

No support, SDN Scripter is way too easy to get.

If you want a coloured name apply for Official Script Developer.

That's the thing.

I can't apply, I haven't been here long enough.

Does that mean I shouldn't get recognized for having scripts on the SDN?

Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't see the difference between removing just the pip and removing both pip and name color.

Do they keep the SDN Scripter rank even after their scripts are removed?

The only thing you're preventing is an easy way of recognizing scripters. I don't like that for someone to know I'm a scripter, they have to find a post of mine on the forums. (Or find a script of mine)

If they request to have it removed, then take away the colored name and pip.

Don't punish all of us just because there are a few bad people. QwPha8E.png

That's the thing.

I can't apply, I haven't been here long enough.

Does that mean I shouldn't get recognized for having scripts on the SDN?

You do get Recognized with a Sexy PiP, just wait another 15 days lad.

• Administrator

@@Maldesto if I remember correctly back when you first became admin you were actually FOR SDN Scripters getting the colored name (or maybe it was 5uck?).

I was for it yes, but that was when I was first promoted and didn't know anything about how many people came in and went out.

That means we will be giving out this rank and random color to any new comers who make a script and will have to remove it in a week, sorry it won't happen.

Why should someone like this get a colored name, http://osbot.org/forum/topic/35960-500khr-aio-karambwan-buyer-and-cooker-premium-antiban-aio/. He just released the script on Feb 2nd, and already requested it be removed.

'twas actually the 22nd, script only lasted a few days

Veteran should only get a userbar and not a colored name imo since they didn't do much vs SDN Scripter?

like youd have to code a script to get SDN scripter userbar and get it on SDN but all you get is a userbar while veteran is if you registered a long time and have 500+ other posts and other reqs youve posted saying be helpful etc deservers a colored name?

I think SDN scripter should get colored name since they do more work than a person who has veteran rank.

I disagree completely. Without the vets, the bot would have been nothing. The first people to join were the vets. Maybe i'm just biased.. I WAS the 1069th OSbotter.

You can't earn a colored name through hard work, but you can get for through paying for it?

Yep thats how it is. IF you donate you get a colored name. And of course you can get a colored name through work, what you do is get a job, then earn money, and finally you DONATE to osbot to get a colored name. If you do not want to spend money to DONATE then you can always WORK on a script then apply for OSD. If you get accepted then you get a colored name.

I don't really think a colored name is needed, but the argument that it's not earned is debatable. If OSBot wants to encourage people to try and become official script developers we should try and process applications much faster! wink.png

Just my two cents.

Edited by Eliot