SDN Scripter Name Color

Nezz

This will not be implemented a user bar is fine, one basic script on the sdn gets the user bar. That is why we have the user group official script developer.

Veteran should only get a userbar and not a colored name imo since they didn't do much vs SDN Scripter?

like youd have to code a script to get SDN scripter userbar and get it on SDN but all you get is a userbar while veteran is if you registered a long time and have 500+ other posts and other reqs youve posted saying be helpful etc deservers a colored name?

I think SDN scripter should get colored name since they do more work than a person who has veteran rank.

• Administrator

Veteran should only get a userbar and not a colored name imo since they didn't do much vs SDN Scripter?

like youd have to code a script to get SDN scripter userbar and get it on SDN but all you get is a userbar while veteran is if you registered a long time and have 500+ other posts and other reqs youve posted saying be helpful etc deservers a colored name?

I think SDN scripter should get colored name since they do more work than a person who has veteran rank.

Understandable, but this is how I have decided to do it, there are over 30+ scripts on the sdn and they go on and off so much due to lack of updates. I don't feel comfortable giving someone a rank like that, and if they are consistent and talented enough they will be promoted to OSD.

• Like 1

You can't earn a colored name through hard work, but you can get for through paying for it?

Guess this world really does revolve around money. I guess you need paid scripts to earn lots of money before you get a colored name? :o

Understandable, but this is how I have decided to do it, there are over 30+ scripts on the sdn and they go on and off so much due to lack of updates. I don't feel comfortable giving someone a rank like that, and if they are consistent and talented enough they will be promoted to OSD.

That may encourage people to keep their scripts updated, though.

I mean, they already have the rank. They just don't have the name color.

I don't see the difference. All it does is make you recognizable in chat that you've made a script (which could be beneficial to new scripters).

Edited by Nezz

If becoming an OSD isn't motivation enough then it won't motivate them by becoming a color. 

It's motivation for me, but I have to wait another like 15 days before I can apply for OSD. I just think it'd be nice to get a name color for being an SDN scripter. If they don't update their scripts when they break, take them off the SDN, take away their rank.

• Administrator

It's motivation for me, but I have to wait another like 15 days before I can apply for OSD. I just think it'd be nice to get a name color for being an SDN scripter. If they don't update their scripts when they break, take them off the SDN, take away their rank.

That means we will be giving out this rank and random color to any new comers who make a script and will have to remove it in a week, sorry it won't happen.

Why should someone like this get a colored name, http://osbot.org/forum/topic/35960-500khr-aio-karambwan-buyer-and-cooker-premium-antiban-aio/. He just released the script on Feb 2nd, and already requested it be removed.