Launching account on F2P does not query P2P items when switching to P2P worlds.

Zackaery

• OSBot 2.6.52/3 - Mirror Mode
  • Console output / terminal output
    - Not Needed
  • Crash report if a crash occurred
    - Not Available
  • Script that you ran
    - No Script Ran
  • Hooks that failed
    - Not Available
  • JVM/Browser bit version (32 / 64)
    - x64

I loaded up my mirror client, and logged my F2P account into a F2P world. 
    I then muled some items onto the account, and bonded the account up.
    After redeeming the bond, I logged into P2P, and started doing some questing, the P2P items were not recognized in the Inventory Debugger.

I was able to replicate it by closing my client, launching my account in a f2p world. Upon spawning, I checked a P2P item using the Inventory debugger and it reads as a Members object. I switched my account to P2P, and it still reads as a Members Object. 

I've attached some examples with brief descriptions for reference:

Loaded client - First launched on F2P world:
    Launched Client in Free To Play --- F2P World Active:

r16gzxv.png

Launched Client in Free To Play --- P2P World Active:
    n11gV8e.png

Launched Client in Pay To Play --- P2P World Active:
    1VaBNmF.png

Launched Client in Pay To Play --- F2P World Active:
    hqEw8Fj.png

If you need any further information, I can try to provide as much information as I can, but it's pretty self-explanatory.

Edited by Zackaery

This has been happening for years I believe, only solution is to avoid using item names and only use item ids. The problem is amplified with multiple tabs per client.

EDIT: I really hope this does get fixed btw :doge: I've been the most vocal about this in both scripter dev chats

Edited by Czar

This is the biggest issue with mirror indeed.

Happends often when hooking mirror when already logged in
Logging out and back in is usually already enough to fix it.
Or just randomly after a few hours or days, hard to tell what actually causes it, I did so many tests and debugging to trigger this effect.
Afaik it's an issues with loading item definitions, ID's always worked for me, but I refuse to use them.

And sometimes it's completely broken als it requires a complete client restart...

That's why I primarly still use stealth client, to combat these issues :D
If you use mirror, just learn to live with this issue, been pending for years now :/

Edited by Khaleesi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:49 PM, FushigiBot said:

It doesnt seem to affect id checks -- only strings (when checking for the item name).

Zackaery's post above yours shows that this indeed does affect Item ID's. Just pointing this out incase others are unfamiliar with Script Factory.
In his screen shot:

The method is asking: Does not have Door key AND does not have Item ID 2409.

Since he DOES have Item 2409,

"Running: [0]:Debug - True" Should be registering as  "Running: [0]:Debug - False"

But it doesn't, so yeah it's broke. Obviously must be a nasty bug to try and fix if this is being prioritized (Hope it is and certainly should be!). Really hoping something works out soon or if the new OSBot in the making will fix this completely.

Also, Khaleesi stated that a log out and log in fixes this. (Without restarting the client? This needs clarification.)

Best option I can think of is setting a AFK fail-safe and triggering a log out - log in via a Java method or Break manager (SF users would use this route).
Log out - log in doesn't work as a fix.

Anyways good luck on getting his worked out!

Edited by TheShadowXD

3 hours ago, TheShadowXD said:

Zackaery's post above yours shows that this indeed does affect Item ID's. Just pointing this out incase others are unfamiliar with Script Factory.
In his screen shot:

The method is asking: Does not have Door key AND does not have Item ID 2409.

Since he DOES have Item 2409,

"Running: [0]:Debug - True" Should be registering as  "Running: [0]:Debug - False"

But it doesn't, so yeah it's broke. Obviously must be a nasty bug to try and fix if this is being prioritized (Hope it is and certainly should be!). Really hoping something works out soon or if the new OSBot in the making will fix this completely.

Also, Khaleesi stated that a log out and log in fixes this. (Without restarting the client? This needs clarification.)

Best option I can think of is setting a AFK fail-safe and triggering a log out - log in via a Java method or Break manager (SF users would use this route).
Log out - log in doesn't work as a fix.

Anyways good luck on getting his worked out!

True. I didn't see that. I was commenting based on the inventory debug in the op where the item id still shows despite the Members Object item name. 

I had some people who are using my free SF scripts message me today about this. It seems to be happening a lot today, as Wishy stated.

• Like 1