Basic Streaming Setup

Dainc

What Medusa said. Depending on what resolution and frame rate you're going to be streaming at you'll need 3-8Mb/s upload. Look here for more info https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/ do keep in mind 1000kpbs is = about 1mb/s. Also there 1080p60 fps settings does say slow motion content. So you'll probably need to bump up the kpbs a bit for high motion content. You'll also wanna take into account if anyone else is on your internet. Also I recommend getting a NVIDIA GPU only because there encoding is sooo much better than AMD's GPU's.

For new parts you'll probably be spending like $750-$1000
Used you would probably spend like $500-$750.

• Like 1

Ryzen CPUs are the way to go for streaming. 

1 hour ago, greiter said:

Build a PC, AMD Ryzen 5 processor (any that has 6 cores) B450 pro motherboard, 8-32gb of ram, 500-600w power source, 4gb graphics card, one SSD for OS, and big HDD for recordings, music, movies etc. you can build one for around $500 USD

Yup, that's what I have. R5 1600, B350 Tomahawk Arctic, 1050 TI 4gb, SSD+HDD, etc.
However, I think 8gb is okay but if you want to stream + have chrome running comfortably I'd get 16gb, especially since RAM is affordable again now :)

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

37 minutes ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Ryzen CPUs are the way to go for streaming. 

Yup, that's what I have. R5 1600, B350 Tomahawk Arctic, 1050 TI 4gb, SSD+HDD, etc.
However, I think 8gb is okay but if you want to stream + have chrome running comfortably I'd get 16gb, especially since RAM is affordable again now :)

I use 8gb and have no issues streaming and having youtube playing , while playing 2 accounts at once.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t bother investing in any hardware. Trial run it first, why invest money when you could have the same personality and be as entertaining as a potato. Or if you decide it’s not for you, you’ve wasted money for nothing. Yeah you could use it as a gaming PC but I would be building a gaming pc primarily for it to be a gaming pc

• Like 1