My first ever month botting - A Success Story

Bad BoyT

Ok, So I'm incredibly new around here. Infact, its the end of my first month as you can tell by the title. I just want to start by saying this is actually quite a cool community so I want to add my 2 cents for whoever might be joining the forum as a newbie like I was a few weeks ago.

4 weeks down the line, and I've successfully botted 2 baby pure PKing accounts to around the mid 60's combat bracket. One is a Toxic Staff of the Dead Fire surge pure with 92 magic, 75 att, 50 str and, 74 hp that can hit 45's at level 65 combat... lots of fun :D .. and the other being 65 combat mixed tribrid with 50 att, 80 str, 74 hp and 85 range and magic. All in all, I've done very little actual training - a lot was botting. Also, I figured why make 1 account when I could make 2. I figured there was a good chance I'd get banned and having 2 accounts... if set up correctly... there was a good chance I could save at least one if I did everything correctly.

First days:

For the first few days, I played the game legit. I did as much AFK training as I could. I did basic quests and started doing some early requirements for bigger quests I wanted to get done later on. I figured the best way to look like a legit account was to do what any noob would do - start with the storyline stuff... haha. I immediately got membership for both my accounts within a few hours and bought bonds, some that I used to get membership and some I sold for gold. I avoided interacting the 2 accounts at all - as far as Jagex were concerned I wanted the 2 accounts to not know each other. I wanted Jagex to have no easy way to link the 2 accounts.... and that leads me into the next bit. 

Initial security:

I should probably add here that the first thing I did, even before the firs time logging into either account was get proxy set up. I figured I wanted both the accounts to have different IP addresses.. and I would NEVER have them use runescape from the same IP address EVER (... in reality, I did on a few occasions by MISTAKE - read later). My mindset was that... well if I got caught for botting on just 1 account, from 1 ip address, Jagex would be able to see which other accounts were frequently being accessed from the same IP and ban those accounts too. Chain-banning as I hear it being called on the forums. I was immdiately thinking there would be no point making 2 accounts (1 for redundancy) if I was just going to get them both banned at the same time for ip sharing anyway.

I use a PC and a MacBook Pro. I found I could run Proxifier on BOTH OS platforms without issue. I bought 2 proxies... 1 for each account. Whether I use the laptop or the PC, I just make sure before I log into my account I have the correct proxy running... then I log in. I do this EVERY time without fail.... well..... on a few occasions, maybe around 2 weeks in, I accidentally logged into the wrong account from the wrong proxy. Theres been around 5 occasions thats happened and each time I log out INSTANTLY and try to do no actions whatsoever. 

Let the botting BEGIN!

So I waited until around day 3 before I started botting. By then, I had some basic levelling done and basic quests completed so I had access to better training areas. I also figured that a lot of Jagex's anti-bot algorithms would probably target the early/new accounts quite heavily... so I figured playing legit would definitely increase my chances of not getting banned (especially with the quests and getting a membership).

I wanted to begin with training my magic, so I found a very generic area and started there. I searched the forums for a good script... and found Czar had quite a number of popular scripts so I bought the one called Perfect Fighter. I focused only on purchased scripts... with a good developer behind them. I understand that botting is a cat and mouse game....and in all fairness, we are the mouse and Jagex is the cat. We have to stay one step ahead of Jagex in order to not get caught and that means using a script that is up to date and RELIABLE. Theres no point using an old script or a script that isn't being updated as its much more likely to have issues. It only takes 1 mistake for Jagex to catch you. Im not saying free scripts aren't good or reliable... but I think the premium with paid scripts is a good trade - and its a fair payment for the hard work put in by good scriptures like Czar. 

Initially, all I had was the regular OS Bot running in standard mode. I focussed on watching the bot at all times for the first few hours running any new script or new setup on a script. I found that sometimes the bot would not do what I thought it would do. Although I now know that a lot of that was due to my lack of user experience and lack of script knowledge, it was all too easy for me to watch the first few minutes of botting... assume the bot was setup correctly , then wander from my PC to make a quick drink and come back to find it acting weird. Thankfully I never let these things happen often - and I would always catch them within a minute or so. I imagine that for a lot of new bot users, they have probably walked away and let their bots run riot for hours doing something silly and non-human like..... like try and fire a cannon that has no cannon balls for over an hour. Yea... I wouldn't be surprised if that gets flagged somewhere by Jagex's anti-bot software and ends with a ban.

Growing confidence and security:

After finding the first few days quite incident free... I began having increasing confidence with the botting. Initially, I had focused on botting only skills that could be trained easily with AFK anyway.... so for example... I focussed on splash-training my magic on chickens. Its a fairly AFK training method already.... you only have to interact once every 20 minutes. My thinking was.... well... if Jagex are looking for botters, they probably won't waste their time here as its far too easy to train this AFK... so why bot right? After a few days I started to look for other skills which were similar... and thats when I began Cannoning ogres at the combat training camp. Again, its such an easily AFKable task - I was able to grow my experience with the scripts whilst also keeping an eye on them. Also by fighting caged ogres I could not die because they were behind bars - or so I thought.

One day, I had made a cooked breakfast on the weekend and left my laptop on the table next to my PC botting caged ogres.... I was in the habit of periodically going back to check the bot and on this particularly morning I found myself.... at lumbridge - I had died! I literally stopped my cooking and rushed back to the ogres and found my items stacked INSIDE the cage. To this day, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but it just goes to show that even when you think you are safe and you think you know a script ...you don't! This is runescape, and this is botting. Anything can happen and the bottom line is you should always be near by. I had been using that script with that specific setup for at least 20 hours by this point - 20 hours total..... not in one session, haha, and I thought I had seen all its potential hiccups, but nope.... theres always something new.

It was at this point that I realised.... botting should be like an assistant. Like an aim assist on a shooter... it'll help you get the skills you want, but you still gotta point the gun and be ready to pull the trigger. If your expecting it to all be done for you, with no issues, your gonna get yourself in a mess.

It was around this point that I decided I should up my security further. I had read about Mirror Mode and decided why not. Im not gonna bore you with how I did it here.. theres plenty of posts explaining how to set it up and all I can say is it didn't take long to implement and I have never looked back. I also upgraded to a VIP membership on Osbot because you have to to use Mirror Mode. I have no problems with paying that - I definately FEEL more secure watching it bot through the mirror mode client :D

Final thoughts

So, nowadays, I have quite a few scripts and setups that I like... I have trained around 30 million XP in game with no concerns yet. I feel pretty confident but at the same time recognise that this is a cat and mouse game and I should never get too cocky. I have some ground rules that I try and stick by and that may act for good ground rules for any new people wanting to bot for the first time:

My personal rules:

- Never bot drunk
- Never bot without a Proxy
(I use Proxy6 to buy mine)
- Always check what Proxy I am using before logging into one of my accounts (I use proxifier to manage my proxies and rules)
- Don't share Proxies between different accounts (1 dedicated proxy per account only)
- Always use Mirror Mode (requires OsBot VIP membership)
- Always have the bot visible during the first few hours running any new script
- Do not bot for over 4.5 hours continuously
(I aim for 3 hours usually. I have done 7 hours in one go before but regretted this and felt I took on way too much risk)
- Do not leave the house whilst botting (major risk)
- Try not to bot the same skill more than 2 days in a row
- Try to bot in the most afk-style as possible
(i.e. minimum inputs required by a real player anyway)
- Do not report others, offend others or bring unwanted attention to myself or my accounts - I am a ghost - I am not here and you did not see me. I may smile in chat, say thank you and be kind and generous to my fellow players ONLY. If someone comes to take my training spot - I will be silent, switch servers or be kind and offer support, never condemn or offend.
- If I can do a little bit of training naturally, on the official or third party clients I will do a little bit each day - mostly the very complex ones like burst training magic or chinning range as examples. This is because I would not like to hand that responsibility to a bot (I would have a really hard time trusting it) and also it gives some of the best value (xp/hr) for my time.

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you and thanks for reading!

P.s. Czar is a boss and thank you for all your support dude. And Sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum!

• Like 3
  • Boge 2
  • Heart 1

Gl Bro, a recommendation, do not buy proxies in proxy6, remember to use breaks in the accounts after 1 hour or 2 and good luck, everything is test and error

At the beginning I had many prohibitions, but I learned from my mistakes and now I do 50m - 70m x day in a f2p farm and I also prepare accounts for zulrah, etc.

My beginning was hard, because i not speak English

but if you try hard and learn from your mistakes you can achieve great things!

Mucha suerte amigo!

• Like 1

I was expecting your rules to be even more strict then mine.  I like it though makes me feel a little more safe.

To add on to your rules I also....

-Dont bot a skill more than 4 hours a day unless im really comfortable with the script (I recently botted 1-60 hunting in 2 days with no issue so far).

-Have random breaks set so roughly every hour it takes roughly a 15min break.

-Never bot on two accounts at once (for ones im pushing stats on), but I also use a residential IP.  If an account gets banned I have a way to change my residential IP. (Has not happened in about a month though and the account that got banned was me being dumb with a free thieving script)

-I ONLY use premium scripts now.  The only thing that comes close to not premium is Explv's AOI which you still are suppose to have VIP to use.  And even then I usually only use it for fletching (just to lvl 4) or RC.  I would buy an RC script but im not just confident enough with the two currently in the shop.

-I ONLY  bot in mirror mode

-I bot less than 10 hours a day but average 8 or less hours a day played on the account (meaning if i bot for 7 then I will play for 1, but never bot for 8 then play for another 1)

-The time of day I play/bot is consistent (i mostly bot and watch my bots while at work, I am lucky enough to work from home so I just have another pc setup to watch my bots).

-Each account gets 1-2 random days a week where it does not get logged in.

-Afk skills like early level fishing, some WC, and Magic splashing I typically dont bot.  For example I have a new pure account I just got from 1-50 magic today just splashing rats.  Once every 15-20min I would just reach over from my work desk and click the rat again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Botthestrange said:

I was expecting your rules to be even more strict then mine.  I like it though makes me feel a little more safe. 

Yea I was super honest about my botting so that others can at least see I have been successful with some basic but necessary security measures. I think some people are super super cautious and thats great... I can't deny their strategies are safer... but its also good to know you can be a bit relaxed provided you are sensible

1 hour ago, Botthestrange said:

-Never bot on two accounts at once

-I ONLY use premium scripts now. 

-Each account gets 1-2 random days a week where it does not get logged in.

I forgot to mention these and you are completely correct. I should say that there are complete days where I don't bot at all every week - I focus just on questing or pvp for a day or two each week. I think this helps

11 minutes ago, daamurda said:

Pretty nice gains! keep up the good work, but if u get attached to the account cuz u hit ur goals stop before the banhammer comes

Thank you - and yes. I've reached a lot of my targets on these accounts, so I will be pulling the reigns a bit and focusing on enjoying the accounts (pvp etc). However I will slowy ease back into the botting when I have new goals for them. Its so true tho... the more attached you get to the account the harder the botting becomes! Especially with the quests I really wouldn't want to lose the accounts but I know its a risk each and every day I bot... for now... I take that risk!

Amazing read, good job so far and good luck in the future. Will be relaying some of your botting tips onto other users, thanks to you - if that's okay of course! PS for mirror mode try and get 64 bit java enabled, it is very well worth it, you'll get much more stable performance :D

Edited by Czar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramnik said:

Very nice thread :) Only wanted to ask about this rule "Do not leave the house whilst botting (major risk) " Why's that? From my experience if script runs smooth it will most likely do that continuesly. Of course testing before is needed

For me its more of piece of mind or if another player is trying to interact with me.  When I bot I babysit it 90% of the time even if its a script I trust.  If im not babysitting it, im doing something where I will be back within 30 minutes like shower, take out trash, fold some laundry kind of things.

20 hours ago, Kramnik said:

Very nice thread :) Only wanted to ask about this rule "Do not leave the house whilst botting (major risk) " Why's that? From my experience if script runs smooth it will most likely do that continuesly. Of course testing before is needed

Because of what Botthestrange says... mainly this

15 hours ago, Botthestrange said:

For me its more of piece of mind or if another player is trying to interact with me.  When I bot I babysit it 90% of the time even if its a script I trust.  If im not babysitting it, im doing something where I will be back within 30 minutes like shower, take out trash, fold some laundry kind of things.

The never bot drunk part got me lol. I botted construction one time while I was drinking and went out for a cig. While outside my bot ran out of oak planks to build doors and kept trying to have butler retrieve planks from the bank (about 8-10 times). Caught a 2 day on my main but still got me 82 construction GG Jagex.

On 7/10/2019 at 11:52 PM, Keyster99 said:

Gl Bro, a recommendation, do not buy proxies in proxy6, remember to use breaks in the accounts after 1 hour or 2 and good luck, everything is test and error

At the beginning I had many prohibitions, but I learned from my mistakes and now I do 50m - 70m x day in a f2p farm and I also prepare accounts for zulrah, etc.

My beginning was hard, because i not speak English

but if you try hard and learn from your mistakes you can achieve great things!

Mucha suerte amigo!

wtf, how many accounts are you running in F2P to make that much