How can you stop your script from being stolen?

Elixar

• Lets say I release my first script to the public via Forum Download.
  • Then It takes my first script and it takes 4-6 Weeks before it is approved and uploaded to the SDN, This makes it vulnerable during this whole time...
  • Whats stopping people from Drag-n-Dropping my compiled.Java into a Java Decompiler? and stealing all my code?
  • Am I able to remove white-space and make my Variable & function names impossible to understand, Whilst supplying admins with a normal copy?

How do you go about this process?:feels:🍫

This is not just to op but for all noobs:

Your code is not special, stop trying to obfuscate and/or do everything you can to keep your code from being public. It's code that can be easily remade by anyone.  In the case of putting it on the SDN, like everyone said, you aren't required to release the code.

I've once removed my public code because I got tired of going to the scripting help section and seeing noobs just copy and paste other people's code and ask for help

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dreameo said:

Your code is not special, stop trying to obfuscate and/or do everything you can to keep your code from being public. It's code that can be easily remade by anyone.  In the case of putting it on the SDN, like everyone said, you aren't required to release the code.

I've once removed my public code because I got tired of going to the scripting help section and seeing noobs just copy and paste other people's code and ask for help

His code could be special, how do you know? He might have some ground breaking algorithm that he wants people to test for him and doesnt want competitors getting their hands on it.

The more people who copy and paste code from other peoples work, the more scripts people release to the SDN will potentially negatively affect my sales because who the fuck wants to pay for a fisher when theres 300 different free ones,
I support obfuscation, if people want to code something they should go out of their way to learn how to do it themselves.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, dreameo said:

This might be the most ignorant and idiotic advice i've ever heard anyone give on any topic what-so-ever.

13 hours ago, Tom said:

His code could be special, how do you know? He might have some ground breaking algorithm that he wants people to test for him and doesnt want competitors getting their hands on it.

The more people who copy and paste code from other peoples work, the more scripts people release to the SDN will potentially negatively affect my sales because who the fuck wants to pay for a fisher when theres 300 different free ones,
I support obfuscation, if people want to code something they should go out of their way to learn how to do it themselves.

Such a good guy, no wonder why he is Scripter III and Chris is Scripter II. Thank you Tom. 

• Sad 1