PayPal stopping RuneScape transactions soon?

AsBakedAsCake

I just looked to sell some gold to Probemas and I was hit with this message:

" We might be doing PayPal at some point, but they have plans on withdrawing from online games currency related digital goods business. So I'd suggest looking into Skrill instead - it works exactly the same way as PayPal does, and you can withdraw funds to your bank account exactly the same way. Let me know if you're interested and need more info."

Does anyone know when this is taking place? PayPal has been my only way to receive payments for years and I'm nervous about switching.

Edit: I've also had a decent amount of money go through my PayPal account, will there be any repercussions for selling OSRS gold?

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

22 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

no you'll most likely be fine.

In the mean time - do you think it's smart for me to continue to sell through PayPal being my only way of payment?

I'm currently holding 250m+ gold and I'd like to get rid of it.

Thx for the reply btw.

(The reason I ask this is because Probemas is very reputable, it makes me question why they would already stop using PayPal if nothing has happened yet.)

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

35 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

In the mean time - do you think it's smart for me to continue to sell through PayPal being my only way of payment?

Thx for the reply btw.

(The reason I ask this is because Probemas is very reputable, it makes me question why they would already stop using PayPal if nothing has happened yet.)

50c a mill.

37 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Thx for the reply btw.

You should be fine selling to websites. PayPal has allowed intangible transactions for years and haven't changed that yet. Just keep in mind that PayPal does not offer Buyer Protection for intangible goods.

edit: I can buy your 07 gold at .7/m via PP if you're interested 

Edited by D Bolter

5 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

You should be fine selling to websites. PayPal has allowed intangible transactions for years and haven't changed that yet. Just keep in mind that PayPal does not offer Buyer Protection for intangible goods.

edit: I can buy your 07 gold at .7/m via PP if you're interested 

I've been selling on PayPal for years - I was just getting paranoid about the money being locked into PayPal for transactions that aren't allowed or something along those lines. Thanks for the info though!

Also, thanks for the offer but it appears the average on Sythe is .73-.81/M ? I wouldn't want ya makin too much money off me xD!

5 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I've been selling on PayPal for years - I was just getting paranoid about the money being locked into PayPal for transactions that aren't allowed or something along those lines. Thanks for the info though!

Also, thanks for the offer but it appears the average on Sythe is .73-.81/M ? I wouldn't want ya makin too much money off me xD!

Paypal wouldn't lock any more or anything like that, paypal will be withdrawing support for businesses the same way g2a did last year due to the massive fraud rate in the market, you will be fine to continue using paypal but if they will be pulling support for goldsites, you should look into another way to get paid for when that happens, skrill or cryptos do the job just fine  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GPSwap said:

Paypal wouldn't lock any more or anything like that, paypal will be withdrawing support for businesses the same way g2a did last year due to the massive fraud rate in the market, you will be fine to continue using paypal but if they will be pulling support for goldsites, you should look into another way to get paid for when that happens, skrill or cryptos do the job just fine  

See now this is informative and helpful answering exactly all my questions, I appreciate this reply lots. I was looking into Skrill last night and it seems super close to PayPal with a few added fees which is not really a big deal. I'll probably make the switch when the time comes.

1 hour ago, guywithlsd said:

just use a skrill.. shit is more safe then paypal and if you are from EU you can even get a credit card from them so you can cash out at same rates. So its even better if you travel around (EU only i think)

Unfortunately I am from the US :/. But how would you say skrill is more "safe" than PayPal? Aren't charge backs on Skrill still possible? Either way, in the 3 years or so I've been farming I've not had even a single charge back, (because I deal with sites, mostly probemas the past 3 years.) I'd much rather like to start selling to the public for better prices but it seems crypto would be the only safe way to do so in which im entirely unfamiliar with.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

2 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Unfortunately I am from the US :/. But how would you say skrill is more "safe" than PayPal? Aren't charge backs on Skrill still possible? Either way, in the 3 years or so I've been farming I've not had even a single charge back, (because I deal with sites, mostly probemas the past 3 years.) I'd much rather like to start selling to the public for better prices but it seems crypto would be the only safe way to do so in which im entirely unfamiliar with.

there is no different if you are from EU or USA, its just if you want credit card to cash out instantly your Skrill and you are in EU you can do that.

and i think you can chargeback money on skrill, but its not as easy as doing it with PP

idk wh you say you are "unfamiliar" with crypto. It's 2018 and you got internet + there is powerfull tool called - Google ? check that out : D

• Like 1