Account selling requirements

Imagine

Through out the years, we've tried different amounts of PC requirements. to no avail. 

Adding a feedback requirement IMO would be better but it's almost just as easy. Buy like 1-5m between x amount of people, this also is presents a potential risk to more people with chargebacks and such.

Just going to have to proceed with caution, the same way as with any black market transaction. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

the idea behind higher requirements is to put scammers off from the idea of even trying, it's not worth engaging in a community by posting everyday for weeks on end to reach a certain post count just to scam somebody for 50 bucks. what if we only allow sponsor+ to sell accounts? or maybe increase the reqs to 500 post count with 100 feedback

Edited by Burundanga
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Turkoize said:

Get rid of account sales. Nobody benefits but the scammers. Or only have verified transactors do account sales. 

I would move to a different site then. OSBot is the only botting site I've used in the last 2 years for selling accounts. No reason for me to stick around in the community. 

On the Verrified transactors side, If someone had to buy like a $100 rank to sell accounts that might work. I'd buy that right away.

This is a pointless topic to discuss.

You remove the post count requirement, even more people will discreetly sell accounts without staff or other people in the community being aware. Do you know how simple it is for a random person with 0 feedback and 3 posts with a creation date of 1 week to simply PM someone and sell an account to them?

The amount of people, including ban evaders I've informed staff about on a weekly basis is ridiculous, and removing any requirement will just increase the amount of people doing the above.

As for this 'minimum positive feedback' requirement suggestions, that's also pointless. Again, do you know how easy it is for people to just farm gold selling/buying and service feedbacks? I could use half a dozen people just as examples... 

That factor, and the factor of people just having common sense not to trade with new people would make everything a lot less problematic. It doesn't take long to research a user's information on the forums or elsewhere to determine what their intention is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

You remove the post count requirement, even more people will discreetly sell accounts without staff or other people in the community being aware. Do you know how simple it is for a random person with 0 feedback and 3 posts with a creation date of 1 week to simply PM someone and sell an account to them?

The amount of people, including ban evaders I've informed staff about on a weekly basis is ridiculous, and removing any requirement will just increase the amount of people doing the above.

As for this 'minimum positive feedback' requirement suggestions, that's also pointless. Again, do you know how easy it is for people to just farm gold selling/buying and service feedbacks? I could use half a dozen people just as examples... 

That factor, and the factor of people just having common sense not to trade with new people would make everything a lot less problematic. It doesn't take long to research a user's information on the forums or elsewhere to determine what their intention is.

I think at the end of the day you can't trust anybody on the internet. Honestly wouldn't trust anyone unless I knew their real identity/real location. I remember back in the day on osbot there was a famous mod that had a ton of popular scripts on the SDN. He was so trusted to the point that he could push scripts through the SDN without the code being reviewed. One day a lot of people got hacked and this mod ended up putting malicious code in his scripts that phished his users and probably made tens of thousands of dollars off the GP. You can never really know a person's true intentions until it is too late.

Side note: People are mentally unstable

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

Judging by the amount of people getting scammed I don't think its "pointless" to discuss. The minimum feedback requirement would require a scammer to do more in order to scam someone. If a scammer is determined to scam, sure they'll do it one way or another, but why make it so easy for them? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Signatures said:

Feedback doesnt prove much anymore...look what decode did..

feedback and requirements won't prevent scam quitting, true. but it makes regular scammers put in more effort vs pofit which should overall lessen the total amount of scams being pulled of.

25 minutes ago, Imagine said:

If a scammer is determined to scam, sure they'll do it one way or another, but why make it so easy for them? 

my point exactly ^

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Imagine said:

Judging by the amount of people getting scammed I don't think its "pointless" to discuss. The minimum feedback requirement would require a scammer to do more in order to scam someone. If a scammer is determined to scam, sure they'll do it one way or another, but why make it so easy for them? 

This issue has been raised multiple times that it's pretty much considered a pointless topic at this point. 

You do realize, just because of a certain feedback requirement, they're still going to use the same methods to scam people oblivious to the rules of the forum? A requirement will make it slightly harder and prolong the process, but judging by what I've seen on here and offsite they're already determined to the point of excessive.

People will still bypass these new implementations you and this other guy are suggesting, regardless of what it is or how intricate it is. 

If you really want to look on the more in-depth side of this, go through the dispute archive and compare the amount of disputes of users who are new vs users who have been here for years or have 50-100+ feedback, you'll be surprised of the outcome.

I have never been scammed in an account sale, why? Because I do NOT buy accounts.

I've sold plenty of accounts, some of them which have a nice value, but it's very simple to just recover it and sell it elsewhere.

This is the internet after all, nobody is to be trusted.

The only tip I can give you, which have been mentioned before, only buy accounts you plan on botting(make enough $$ before it gets recovered).

Create your own accounts, hire a servicer like @Fratem or @Dbuffed (for examples) and pay more but you get your own account leveled. Y'all trying to jew accounts which will bite you in the ass. There are not even a handful of people I would even consider buying an account from...

• Like 2