2 Questions to the american osbot users here

ez11

33 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

It was and has been proven wrong; that you actually cannot "go into an gun show and purchase a gun without showing ID".

I do agree with you that the US needs to up their game in terms of background checks... possibly modeling Japan's interviewing process. The Stoneman shooter should never have gotten a gun had this process taken place. Local background checks / interviewing of multiple people around the applicant / Character references, such as teachers should all be part of the gun-applicant, process. 

To talk about Stoneman, the system failed. There were 3 police ON SITE during the course of the shooting and they did nothing to stop the shooter. Among the 30+ calls to the police warning of this living devil. Take away his guns maybe? Might of worked, but than logically speaking, whats stopping him from creating bombs and amassing the same amount of dead if not more? The point is guns don't kill people, people kill people. 

The argument that we need weapons to protect yourself is very valid. Refer to the genocide that killed over ~6 million jews. With someone like trump as your president mocking other countrys, why would you not want some way to protect yourself.... the sheriffs at Stoneman who were on site during the 6 minute shooting took place, certainly did not protect those children. Why would you expect someone else to protect you, when you are the best person to protect yourself. 

In Florida you can walk into a gun show and buy a gun without ID. I know this for a fact. 

3 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

A lot of schools have armed guards, including the one at Stoneman. I feel like a lot of people on the left do no research, besides what they read on Facebook. Go ahead and tell me US needs to institute Australian gun laws next as per your Facebook ads... :doge: @nicksep

EDIT: I do not support Trump, don't Skype me that trash. lol

dont you guys feel like its weird as fuck to have armed guards in your schools?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ez11 said:

dont you guys feel like its weird as fuck to have armed guards in your schools?

Naa Constable Henry was a really nice guy to all the students. He just wore Kevlar and a pistol :P

8 minutes ago, Imagine said:

In Florida you can walk into a gun show and buy a gun without ID. I know this for a fact. 

If you can post a video of YOU doing it, I'll give you 500m 

You must:

-Not have to show ID

-Not have to have taken a background check (ID is required for this :doge:)

-Be offered the purchase of a legal fire-arm

-post it on osbot

all, just as you said. 

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anomaly said:

A lot of schools have armed guards, including the one at Stoneman. I feel like a lot of people on the left do no research, besides what they read on Facebook. Go ahead and tell me US needs to institute Australian gun laws next as per your Facebook ads... :doge: @nicksep

you're straight up ignoring the fact america has more homicides per capita.

all these laws you claim exist are just bullshit

some fun facts "Civilian Gun Registration In the United States, the law does not require that a record of the acquisition, possession and transfer of each privately held firearm be retained in an official register"

"The buyer of a firearm in a private sale in the United States is not obliged to pass official background checks before taking possession"

Including 35 THOUSAND deaths per year aswell as 85 THOUSAND injuries per year from guns alone, aswell as thousands of suicides due to guns.

Meanwhile switzerland has slightly over 200

In america per 100k people its over 10 deaths, in switzerland per 100k people its 3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nicksep said:

you're straight up ignoring the fact america has more homicides per capita.

all these laws you claim exist are just bullshit

some fun facts "Civilian Gun Registration In the United States, the law does not require that a record of the acquisition, possession and transfer of each privately held firearm be retained in an official register"

"The buyer of a firearm in a private sale in the United States is not obliged to pass official background checks before taking possession"

Including 35 THOUSAND deaths per year aswell as 85 THOUSAND injuries per year from guns alone, aswell as thousands of suicides due to guns.

Meanwhile switzerland has slightly over 200

In america per 100k people its over 10 deaths, in switzerland per 100k people its 3.

I'm Swedish and I wish everyone got along as well as they did in the Nordic countries. But that isn't the case. Simply saying how many people are murdered is doing you no good unless you have a solution to stop it. I've named many. 

2 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Naa Constable Henry was a really nice guy to all the students. He just wore Kevlar and a pistol :P

You must:

-Not have to show ID

-post it on osbot

all, just as you said. 

you don't need a background check, feel free to reference : Gun Control Act 1968 

There's no law requiring you to have to provide ID to purchase a gun. You do require it if you are purchasing a gun that is by law required to be registered by the dealer, but a handgun does not require for it to be. reference the national firearms act

so yes, you can indeed purchase a gun with no background check, and no ID according to the law. And I'm sure in practice when these dealers have money on the line its even easier.

1 minute ago, Anomaly said:

I'm Swedish and I wish everyone got along as well as they did in the Nordic countries. But that isn't the case. Simply saying how many people are murdered is doing you no good unless you have a solution to stop it. I've named many. 

what solutions? ban guns? or execute mentally unstable people / people under a certain level of intelligence aka 70% of the population?

You say I'm blindly following the media when I mention I don't even believe the florida school shooting was real, and mention how I have no sources to back my information up, when I literally posted a source to everything I said, meanwhile you haven't posted anything to back your points up, while remaining adamant on your viewpoint when i contradicted what you said and you just ignore that every time

4 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

since you are swedish can you maybe stop fucking up the country to not ruin my retirementplan to live a peaceful quiet live in sweden

2 minutes ago, nicksep said:

you don't need a background check, feel free to reference : Gun Control Act 1968 

There's no law requiring you to have to provide ID to purchase a gun. You do require it if you are purchasing a gun that is by law required to be registered by the dealer, but a handgun does not require for it to be. reference the national firearms act

so yes, you can indeed purchase a gun with no background check, and no ID according to the law. And I'm sure in practice when these dealers have money on the line its even easier.

what solutions? ban guns? or execute mentally unstable people / people under a certain level of intelligence aka 70% of the population?

Lol, you need ID to purchase a gun. I'm not talking about private sale (anyone can give someone a gun and have the bill of sale on a napkin, for a dollar, it happens all the time).

Banning guns wastes billions of tax payer dollars, refer to Australia where there is not evidence that supports that gun violence went down, post gun ban. 

Banning guns would be more of a waste on resources than banning alcohol was during prohibition. 

Your arguments are based on your feelings and have no logical merit... 

"leftist solutions are the greatest easiest solutions ever, until you call into question practicality", - Ben Shapiro (loosely paraphrased) 

5 minutes ago, nicksep said:

you are overcomplicating it by actually looking for a solution

tax guns & ammo, turn them into a luxury item & if illegal gunsmiths spring up declare a new campaign called 'war on guns' --->profit

there you have yet another divide to fill with populist bullshit--->repeat using different subjects ad nauseam

4 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Lol, you need ID to purchase a gun. I'm not talking about private sale (anyone can give someone a gun and have the bill of sale on a napkin, for a dollar, it happens all the time).

Banning guns wastes billions of tax payer dollars, refer to Australia where there is not evidence that supports that gun violence went down, post gun ban. 

do you have sources for thee?

heres a source against your second statement : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/las-vegas-shooting-australia-gun-laws-control-stephen-paddock-2nd-amendment-nevada-firearm-a7980671.html

the bureau of statistics has evidence supporting that it did, feel free to provide some references to what you are saying, pointless conversation when you make up random shit to support your claim

The states / Areas ( i am using these two words loosely )with the strictest gun laws have the highest rate of "gun crime" so if that helps you put in to perspective how things are over here then yeah.

Stricter gun laws or a ban on guns will never do anything for the fact that if someone really wants to obtain a gun ILLEGALLY they are going to get it, simple as that.

Edited by xLoCo
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

You must:

-Not have to show ID

-post it on osbot

all, just as you said. 

I would hate to see you lose your bank. 

Fact of the matter is I'm talking about first hand experience, you're talking of google search results.

13 minutes ago, nicksep said:

do you have sources for thee?

heres a source against your second statement : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/las-vegas-shooting-australia-gun-laws-control-stephen-paddock-2nd-amendment-nevada-firearm-a7980671.html

the bureau of statistics has evidence supporting that it did, feel free to provide some references to what you are saying, pointless conversation when you make up random shit to support your claim

Australia's ban on guns had little to no significance in their gun related homicide rate. But they spent 500 million on the project. 

kFSsdl5.png

2 hours ago, D Bolter said:

There's too many racist republicans in the U.S that think 0 gun control is good and that Trump is a good president. Majority of these racist republicans are close minded and uneducated. Oh well.

Whats wrong with trump lol people think the president has so much control over the whole U.S and everyone wants some gun control being very broad here