Goldfarming, with or without a partner?

Funfight

I've recently gotten back into goldfarming on an automated level. I'm looking to expand so I can start pulling in large profits. It seems as if every large scale goldfarmer has a partner. So I ask, what makes the partner worth splitting profits with? If you can pay a scripter a large amount of money to make you automated scripts then soon enough you'll have your money back and then shortly after, it all multiplies. I have a friend of mine who is an incredible scripter & programmer, no doubt this is a great opportunity. However, I'm not sure how to utilize and optimize this business relationship between the two of us.  What I bring to the table would be having the physical servers, networking them, spending time checking banned accounts, etc. If i can pay him 500m to whip up something great shouldn't I just do that instead of cutting into my profits by 50%? Looking more for a long term idea here. Sorry if this post is a bit disorganized, haven't had much sleep with midterms.

Thanks,

Funfight

Partner goldfarming can be worth it if you both bring something to the table that is a strength. If your capable of running everything and checking up on it, you would be better off just running your own goldfarm and paying a private scripter. But, if you don't have time to manage accounts and set-up and check up on the bots, having a partner can be really helpful as you both cover more time overall.

Personally, I run my goldfarm solo as I've been making profit fine by myself and have the time to manage it myself.

• Like 1

Personally, I get bottlenecked sometimes because I have no knowledge on scripting etc, thats my only downside. But I'm eventually going to take the time to learn it all myself in a few months after my time frees up.

For now, I'd rather just outsource since I really don't want to tell anyone my methods. And like above, it's worked for me since I have the time and I get a little kick out of it all really.

I do internally rage alot coz i dont have someone that can just fix things for me :{

• Like 1

It really depends on what you are capable of. Running a sizeable farm definitely requires being able to script, and being able to adjust those scripts when the need arises.

Apart from that, you will need to write everything that makes automating your 'business' possible: Some sort of database, some sort of account management / rotation system ...

If you can do the two above (Especially the first point), and can go through weeks of setbacks without giving up then you will be able to do it yourself (I run myfarm alone). However if you don't have the above I'd recommend partnering up with someone or investing quite a chunk of cash to outsource the code

P.S. Learn to walk before you run

- Abuse

Edited by Abuse
  • Like 2

you HAVE to be partnered with someone compatible with your strengths. You want someone to cover your weaknesses with their strengths and vice versa. This is the only way a partnership can be successful. I think partner farming is probably the most effective way of farming, as long as you find someone you like, trust, and are compatible with strength/weakness wise. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Funfight said:

I've recently gotten back into goldfarming on an automated level. I'm looking to expand so I can start pulling in large profits. It seems as if every large scale goldfarmer has a partner. So I ask, what makes the partner worth splitting profits with? If you can pay a scripter a large amount of money to make you automated scripts then soon enough you'll have your money back and then shortly after, it all multiplies. I have a friend of mine who is an incredible scripter & programmer, no doubt this is a great opportunity. However, I'm not sure how to utilize and optimize this business relationship between the two of us.  What I bring to the table would be having the physical servers, networking them, spending time checking banned accounts, etc. If i can pay him 500m to whip up something great shouldn't I just do that instead of cutting into my profits by 50%? Looking more for a long term idea here. Sorry if this post is a bit disorganized, haven't had much sleep with midterms.

Thanks,

Funfight

However, there have been times where me and a friend have gone 50 / 50 on a p script! Wish you luck

• Like 1

if i would know a dude i would trust and i would feel that he have some kind of knowledge and ideas and investmens, i would go for couple of bigger project and see how it goes. But so far, i know very very little (1 guy tbh) that i would trust..altho he is not interested in botting / farming and doing other bussiness. but yh, if you have partner you trust and ready to do equal work to succeed i say why not?

30 minutes ago, Brettsu said:

A big issue with partnering up is when one person feels they are contributing more than the other, just make sure you completely trust the person you're working with.

Yes, make sure that the significant other is someone you can trust. It'd be very unfortunate if you were to get screwed up over something that can be resolved through talking.