Banned - What could I have done differently

arisasam

So I got off my computer for about 30 minutes today to make some breakfast and coffee, and when I returned from my meal I found that my level 72 defense pure had been banned. I've read lots of guides on how to avoid botting bans and I'd like to lay out the behavior used in training this account so that perhaps someone can point out mistakes I made and changes I can make in the future. I worked on the account for months before I began to bot it and I'm really disappointed to have never made it to my goal of 99 defense. 

While botting this account, I:

• ran it alongside a main that I was training by hand (same ip, but I've been told that it's safe to do 2 accounts at once as many people play together in a single household and it did not violate the login limit)
  • monitored it relentlessly; the 30 minute break I took for breakfast this morning was the longest I've left it unattended since its creation
  • never botted for more than 8 hours a day, and never for longer than 2 hours at a time
  • switched worlds when mine became too crowded
  • switched armor and weapons as I leveled up and new gear became available
  • switched training locations as I became better equipped to handle them
  • took regular breaks from combat training to train other skills (52 fishing 50 cooking 44 mining etc)
  • made friends on said account and regularly socialized/trained with them
  • quested here and there

For all I knew I was a blue raft in the middle of the ocean; my behavior mirrored that of a regular, hand-played account and yet, somehow, I was handed a permanent ban.

Any help or wisdom that could be imparted would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks feels.png

Edited by arisasam

1. what script were you using?

2. general rule for botting on accs you reallyyyy don't want to get banned: play legit on them as much (or almost as much) as how often you bot. if you train for 5-8 hours per day at the same spot unrelentlessly with an incredibly similar routine, their systems are gonna catch on. if you're playing relatively often in a legit way and changing it up a lot, it throws off the pattern that their systems undoubtedly are going to be looking for. on accs where i've done this, i have gotten 0 bans. and i've done it a lot. can't guarantee that you'll also have 0 bans, but thats what works for me, and its probably as close to a 'golden method' as you're going to get tbh

Edited by Imateamcape

There's always a non-zero chance of getting banned. No amount of questing can change that. By creating your own script (or even API), you would drastically lower your chances of getting banned, or at very least, of being permanently banned. You could write an simple AHK script that moves your camera every few minutes and it would have a lower ban rate than a popular script. With that said, I've noticed that less "interactive" tasks tend to have lower ban rates.