The HTC Vive is epic

Solution

So I'm currently studying Game Design & Development, and this semester we're focusing on learning how to use unity for Virtual Reality purposes. Some people are allowed to work with Gear VR or Oculus, but my group and I are the only lucky bastards that are able to work with the HTC Vive, which is epic because it has controllers and thus a lot more options as to what you can do with user input. Lately I've been playing Holopoint, which is an archery game made for the Vive. I enjoyed it so much that I'm currently in the middle of creating my own archery game for the Vive, which is pretty cool. 

I love how the school gave us the opportunity to work with the epic hardware, no clue why the fuck I'm posting this, especially here, but whatever. Figured I'd want to share some random shit I was working on atm.

That being said, our project is working together with the medical response team to create a virtual training for ambulance personel, which I thought was pretty cool as well smile.png We're currently working on CPR - which is more designed to show people what can be done with VR. The final result should focus on the most common situations one can encounter, such as open wound/burn treatment or crashes.

TL;DR working with the HTC Vive is pretty cool 

• Like 2

I've always felt like AR had more practical applications (Microsoft Hololens). Game development is prolly much more VR based though.

Nah there's loads of AR possibilities. Most recent one I've seen was a pong game on a climbing wall, where the players hand/feet could be used to bounce the ball back. VR is just more entry-level ;)

idk people call VR "the future" for many years now but i just dont see it really becoming big in the future. Its just not really practical to work with when you do office work and for gaming its just not  big enough to convince big game developers to work with it so its not really worth it for the normal person to switch to vr.

Also doesnt seem that comfortable to always wear these vr headset things

So I'm currently studing Game Design & Development, and this semester we're focusing on learning how to use unity for Virtual Reality purposes. Some people are allowed to work with Gear VR or Oculus, but my group and I are the only lucky bastards that are able to work with the HTC Vive, which is epic because it has controllers and thus a lot more options as to what you can do with user input. Lately I've been playing Holopoint, which is an archery game made for the Vive. I enjoyed it so much that I'm currently in the middle of creating my own archery game for the Vive, which is pretty cool. 

I love how the school gave us the opportunity to work with the epic hardware, no clue why the fuck I'm posting this, especially here, but whatever. Figured I'd want to share some random shit I was working on atm.

That being said, our project is working together with the medical response team to create a virtual training for ambulance personel, which I thought was pretty cool as well smile.png We're currently working on CPR - which is more designed to show people what can be done with VR. The final result should focus on the most common situations one can encounter, such as open wound/burn treatment or crashes.

TL;DR working with the HTC Vive is pretty cool 

Instant fail.

idk people call VR "the future" for many years now but i just dont see it really becoming big in the future. Its just not really practical to work with when you do office work and for gaming its just not  big enough to convince big game developers to work with it so its not really worth it for the normal person to switch to vr.

Also doesnt seem that comfortable to always wear these vr headset things

Eh, consoles took a while to get good as well, it's still very young and there's certainly potential. 

Instant fail.

instant typo m8 chill