Did Jagex confirm they are able to detect botting clients?

Abuse

no they can only detect that you arent using the normal client otherwise they would just be able to ban everyone whos botting.

Also they cant just ban everyone not using the offical client because most people use osbuddy

The difference here is that OSBuddy cooperates with Jagex, they probably can know if it's OSBuddy or not

Someone pointed out that if they were able to detect botting clients then they would ban everyone. The thing here is, is that if they were to do that, the bot developers would be able to find ways around their methods of detection rather quickly by trial and error

(Opinion) I think they are always able to tell if it's a rogue client, and wait for their bot-detection algorithms to kick in to confirm if the person is botting or not, followed by a few day wait to disguise their methods of detection

Edited by Abuse

The difference here is that OSBuddy cooperates with Jagex, they probably can know if it's OSBuddy or not

Someone pointed out that if they were able to detect botting clients then they would ban everyone. The thing here is, is that if they were to do that, the bot developers would be able to find ways around their methods of detection rather quickly by trial and error

(Opinion) I think they are always able to tell if it's a rogue client, and wait for their bot-detection algorithms to kick in to confirm if the person is botting or not, followed by a few day wait to disguise their methods of detection

I disagree with you on that last part, I think they wait to record any patterns in the bot so if the patterns are ever repeated Jagex automatically knows its a bot. The reason why I think its like that is because I started to bot a certain method and get a ban hammer after 8 days or so, but recently I've been getting it next day or even same day.

They can't detect shit. People get banned botting on the official client just as much as using 3rd party clients. There are some of us who actually manage to bot without a single ban using OSBot client though so that proves there is no "client patterns". I've botted accounts for 4-5 months before and even reached #79 in a skill using OSBot client. I started a few bots recently and I'm running 28 bots atm, out of which my longest is at 23 day runtime, so I'd like to know where is this client detection?

FYI: Their bot busting team banned lots of legit players using the official client even in the last few days. The people who developed the bot busting system are a bunch of clowns and nothing more.

• Like 2